KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Wolverine: With or Without Adamantium

Is Wolverine a better character with or without Adamantium
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
With Adamantium 26 66.67%
Without Adamantium 10 25.64%
The Same 3 7.69%
Total: 39 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wolverine: With or Without Adamantium
Started by: TheKahn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Wolverine: With or Without Adamantium

Is Wolverine a better character or more interesting with or without his Adamantium skeleton and why?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 02:54 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

With the adamantium. It made him a unique bundle of powers; he could beated, stabbed burned, thrown off high buildings etc. and could heal and survive, and come right back at his tormentor. It was an illustration of his unbreakable will.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 03:24 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

I prefer the more "natural" Wolverine without adamantium.
His Regeneration is much faster because it doesn't have to fight the metal and his beastial nature is more pronounced, so the fight between the animal and the human Wolvie is more...striking.

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 03:42 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Onikirimaru
Saikyo Soulja

I say without as well, ironically for the same reason as the first post. Getting his bones broken and beat, and then comming back from that is much more a show of indominable will that "Ha ha, you can punch me all day but my adamantium skull is indestructable" stuff. He was much more feral more animalistic, more tough, to take on people without his adamantium, and it gave the character impact as well since Magneto took his adamantium. It was like a real turning point in the character, an epic you can look back on, but then, like most things, the made somethin up to give it back to him, just like Magneto gets getting revived or what have you. They are too afraid to deviate from their little formula once they get a couple bad fan letters in the mail.

"Dunno what your crying for, what did you expect? Im DAN HIBIKI!"

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 10:47 PM
Onikirimaru is currently offline Click here to Send Onikirimaru a Private Message Find more posts by Onikirimaru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Onikirimaru
I say without as well, ironically for the same reason as the first post. Getting his bones broken and beat, and then comming back from that is much more a show of indominable will that "Ha ha, you can punch me all day but my adamantium skull is indestructable" stuff. He was much more feral more animalistic, more tough, to take on people without his adamantium, and it gave the character impact as well since Magneto took his adamantium. It was like a real turning point in the character, an epic you can look back on, but then, like most things, the made somethin up to give it back to him, just like Magneto gets getting revived or what have you. They are too afraid to deviate from their little formula once they get a couple bad fan letters in the mail.

I agree with most of this...but honestly we all knew it was only a matter of time before he got the stuff back..it was his trademark man..but yeah..good post...

I also liked the fact that wolverie so much more often had to actually THINK his way out of a fight, or strategize for a victory rather than get all "RRRRRRAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH" while jumping aimlessly into the air arms flailing away... it honestly made for more interest in terms of the character himself IMO.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 10:52 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

I selected w/out, because that six year period was when I started getting into Wolverine comics.... but on second thought, I want to change my vote to either. He's a great character either way.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 11:32 PM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by Piedmon
I selected w/out, because that six year period was when I started getting into Wolverine comics.... but on second thought, I want to change my vote to either. He's a great character either way.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 11:35 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

You know what, we should just go ahead and change this to the Wolverine forum. It's not like a thread can go five posts without involving him in some way....

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 11:48 PM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by Piedmon
You know what, we should just go ahead and change this to the Wolverine forum. It's not like a thread can go five posts without involving him in some way....

laughing out loud so true...so true...

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 11:50 PM
Marvel=DC
Sexy In Any Universe

i like him either way with it he's more of a challenge without it he had to formulate plans which required thought which is somethig I didn't even khow he was capable of at times.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 01:10 AM
Marvel=DC is currently offline Click here to Send Marvel=DC a Private Message Find more posts by Marvel=DC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Droopy

adimantium but it doesnt really matter he is just kool

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 01:12 AM
Droopy is currently offline Click here to Send Droopy a Private Message Find more posts by Droopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gamewarrior
The Drifter of Dreams

I voted w/adamantium cus he could jump off high places,hit by a train or a car, shot and pummeled and he would get back up. His Adamantium skeleton made him a uniqe character both strong in will and bones. Sure w/out the Adamantium skeleton his healing factor is much faster but with it he has both duarability and healing balanced. Plus I dont think w/out his A skel he could survive high speeding trains and shotguns to the face.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 01:44 AM
gamewarrior is currently offline Click here to Send gamewarrior a Private Message Find more posts by gamewarrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by Marvel=DC
i like him either way with it he's more of a challenge without it he had to formulate plans which required thought which is somethig I didn't even khow he was capable of at times.

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 03:39 AM
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Wrong Forum.

Moving

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 10:37 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Originally posted by jinzin
I agree with most of this...but honestly we all knew it was only a matter of time before he got the stuff back..it was his trademark man..but yeah..good post...

I also liked the fact that wolverie so much more often had to actually THINK his way out of a fight, or strategize for a victory rather than get all "RRRRRRAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH" while jumping aimlessly into the air arms flailing away... it honestly made for more interest in terms of the character himself IMO.

I agree! Wolvie is supposed to be one of the two most accomplished martial artists of the 616 world...but he almost never shows it! Its just jumping into the fight, getting severely hit and then slashing through the opponents...no actual fighting skill at all!
Without the adamantium he's less durable and thus would be forced to actually USE these trained skills more often.
The other reasons why i prefer him this way i already posted above.

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 10:59 AM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kichiku_beihei
Dreamer

Without Adimantium. He goes primal with out the adminatium. The only problem with him with out adimantium, is that he can actually die. Sever his head clean off and put the head and body in two distant locations. Only way to kill Wolverine with out his adimantium. (Mentions that in the Xavier Protocols in the Onslaught Saga).

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 11:03 AM
kichiku_beihei is currently offline Click here to Send kichiku_beihei a Private Message Find more posts by kichiku_beihei Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Originally posted by kichiku_beihei
Without Adimantium. He goes primal with out the adminatium. The only problem with him with out adimantium, is that he can actually die. Sever his head clean off and put the head and body in two distant locations. Only way to kill Wolverine with out his adimantium. (Mentions that in the Xavier Protocols in the Onslaught Saga).

Since his neck joints are not covered with adamantium (he couldn't move his head otherwise) it doesn't make any difference, whether his bones are covered or not...you could cut his head off in both cases! yes

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Last edited by wannabe on Sep 8th, 2005 at 11:10 AM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 11:08 AM
havok801125
Havok....as in wreaks

awe crap...i'm the only one that went with option number 3....(I feel so lonely).............that stupid song is in my head and nothing i do can get it out

Shit Happens.....Get over it

Last edited by havok801125 on Sep 8th, 2005 at 01:31 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 01:28 PM
havok801125 is currently offline Click here to Send havok801125 a Private Message Find more posts by havok801125 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kichiku_beihei
Dreamer

Originally posted by wannabe
Since his neck joints are not covered with adamantium (he couldn't move his head otherwise) it doesn't make any difference, whether his bones are covered or not...you could cut his head off in both cases! yes

I think thats a negative my friend. If his joints are not covered with adimantium, or connected somehow to the bone, how would it be possible for Wolverine to have his original skeleton. He's been thrown through buildings, hit by trucks, planes, jumped off of heli-carriars into buildings going god knows how fast, been burnt by the fricking SUN, been KFC'ed by sentinal death lasers, bullets and crap loads of more things, and not once has he ever lost a limb, or a pinkie.

Now in the Xavier Protoco's, Xavier could not find a conventional way to kill Wolverine with his adimantium skeleton (it says so last I checked). It wasn't until Magneto tore out his adimantium that Xavier found a some what more conventional way of killing Wolverine. Also, in the protocol's, it is explicitly said that hiw head must always remain detahced and far away from his main body so that his nerves/muscles/fleshy things, can not reconnect.

Thus concluding that his joints are not only laced with adimantium, but also some how connected directly to his bones. How? No idea. But I know I proved my point Happy Dance

Last edited by kichiku_beihei on Sep 8th, 2005 at 04:18 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 04:13 PM
kichiku_beihei is currently offline Click here to Send kichiku_beihei a Private Message Find more posts by kichiku_beihei Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disturbance
SENATOR

With, I say. But in which comics can you find him without it? I'm still not quite there in reading the old ones!
Anyway that's weird, he shouldn't be able to move loads of other parts if the connecting part of his bones aren't laced. blink

You're gonna win or lose, but there's no time to choose

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 07:32 PM
Disturbance is currently offline Click here to Send Disturbance a Private Message Find more posts by Disturbance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote