KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Stryfe : The Chaos-Bringer

Should the Chaos-Bringer be revamped? Or Should he stay in lack-luster limbo?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Revamp the Chaos-Bringer. 1 25.00%
He's better off dead. 2 50.00%
Stryfe who? 1 25.00%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stryfe : The Chaos-Bringer
Started by: Nathaniel Grey

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

Stryfe : The Chaos-Bringer

Stryfe was one of my all time favorite villains. He brought the medium of the evil clone to new heights of confusion in the Marvel Universe and continued to be a driving force, via the Legacy Virus, well after his expiration date. Who else thinks the Chaos-Bringer should get a new lease on life and get an overhaul that would make The Askani'son shudder?

"I want to save the world and I have the power to do it." -- Cable.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 12:54 AM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

he already died, then came back, then died again. stryfe's a concept that nobody really even cares about anymore, considering he only operates well as a counterweight to cable. and since cable's on to bigger and better things, and has enough problems with SHIELD, the X-Men and even that Skornn nonsense, stryfe would just clog up the works.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 01:15 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

I disagree. I think were Stryfe to be remodelled by the proper writer and artist team he could still play a more pivotal role as Nathan's counterweight. You have to admit that during the X-Cutioner's Song he was quite an interesting character. I think he'd bring back a missing element to Cable's existance considering the fact he's got no direction nor any decent adversaries these days. And one thing a decent hero/messiah/mercenary time-traveller needs is an adversary. ( Though I realize Apocalypse will return soon enough. )

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 04:32 AM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

cable's been up to big things recently, so i'm not sure what you mean by "no direction." and, since cable & deadpool's got the green light up til issue 36, at least, maybe stryfe will make an appearance. doubtful, but possible.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 12:29 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

Cable's entire existance was always wrapped about the destruction of Apocalypse and altering the time-stream. The whole mutant messiah ordeal seemed out of character for him and directionless. Especially since he had no major adversary. I don't count Skornn since Liefeld's ideas, most of them, are trash.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 01:36 AM
Disappear

as is his art. i agree about skornn completely. but to say his existence revolves around the destruction of apocalypse isn't entirely accurate. his "existence" has revolved around many different features, such as training younger mutants (x-force,) anti-terrorism campaigns (soldier x,) spreading peace and placidity (x-men and cable & deadpool,) etc. his creation and "destiny" are linked inexorably to the eradication of apocalypse, but that doesn't define who he is as a person or character.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 01:45 AM
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

Well said.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 06:06 AM