KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Magneto spin off movie?

Magneto spin off movie?
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules
The doctor

Magneto spin off movie?

I heard there's gonna be a movie about mags but is it true?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 07:02 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Supposedly its about the years when he was growing up in the Holocaust learning about his powers.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 07:25 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Sounds quite interesting.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 07:33 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mike059jig
Optic Rage

is marvel now going after oscars now???

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 07:47 PM
mike059jig is currently offline Click here to Send mike059jig a Private Message Find more posts by mike059jig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Don't know.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 07:58 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I'd watch it.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 08:19 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I'd watch it, but I cant see it getting off the ground.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 08:42 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I'd watch it, but I don't think they should make it. Out of all the characters of the X-Men series, Magneto is definitely one of the most interesting ones, but I don't think he deserves his own movie. They may make this an Elektra unknowingly. Wolverine I can see getting his own movie, even if I still think they shouldn't do it. At least they aren't making a movie about like, Spyke.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 09:22 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mYsTiquE_DuDe

Ofcourse i'd watch it.I luv every kind of magic involved movies wink smile

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 09:31 PM
mYsTiquE_DuDe is currently offline Click here to Send mYsTiquE_DuDe a Private Message Find more posts by mYsTiquE_DuDe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilove63
beachbabe

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NoFate007
I'd watch it, but I don't think they should make it. Out of all the characters of the X-Men series, Magneto is definitely one of the most interesting ones, but I don't think he deserves his own movie. They may make this an Elektra unknowingly. Wolverine I can see getting his own movie, even if I still think they shouldn't do it. At least they aren't making a movie about like, Spyke.

yea i'd watch it but i totally agree with u

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 11:27 PM
ilove63 is currently offline Click here to Send ilove63 a Private Message Find more posts by ilove63 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Magneto

Theirs apparently going to be a Magneto film.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magneto_%28film%29

Hopefully the CGI will be able to do what it states...if so it may look good.

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 02:52 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I've seen the clip from X3 - the anit-aging software looks very cool. Can they really go back several decades?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 02:56 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Wiki? Hmmm...haven't heard anything besides this yet, so I'd be wary of it.

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 08:01 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Interviews with Ian McKellan elsewhere, he's talked about the solo Magneto film. It's a reality, just like the solo Wolverine film in the works.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 09:08 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Ian McKellen overacts in everything he's in.

I'd be happier if they re-cast the parts with a younger actor.

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 09:37 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katie_girl09

Honestly. I'm not interested in seeing any of the spin-offs.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:12 AM
katie_girl09 is currently offline Click here to Send katie_girl09 a Private Message Find more posts by katie_girl09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

edit

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 10:08 AM
Marko is currently offline Click here to Send Marko a Private Message Find more posts by Marko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Shuler Donner on Magneto

quote:
About Magneto, she said: "I don't know. We have a great script. Honestly, we have all been just so focused on getting 'Wolverine' out that we didn't take the time to sit down and explore 'What are the movies we're going to do next within the genre?' We will do that. We will do that. We all want to. 'Magneto' is a fantastic script, and hopefully we'll make it. I don't know."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 08:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

If done I think it could be done, mags has got an interesting past and he's a very interesting character, if they decide to go with a younger actor they I hope the choose someone good, maybe there will be an appearence from Xavier

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 09:06 AM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Is it very likely now that Wolverine's doomed to complete failure? If the film does come about, I'd like to see McKellen reprise the role, but I didn't really think much of the reverse-aging-effects shit they used in X-Men 3, so if it is going to be set long before X-Men, then I think it'd be better to cast a different actor. If they get a good enough actor, they can make him look close enough to McKellen that quality acting would do the rest. It worked with De Niro and Brando in the Godfather: Part II. Though, admittedly, they're not going to find an actor half as good as mid '70s-'80s De Niro...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 01:50 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote