KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Most Wasted Character in the X-men movies

Most Wasted Character in the X-men movies
Started by: lordofwar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lordofwar

Most Wasted Character in the X-men movies

I believe Cyclops is the most wasted. He's the best X-men leader because he is so selfless, resourceful, and strategic in battle. He does not get enough screen time, since he was gone through most of X2. However, I think the first movie shows off his commanding skills very well.

Rogue was another wasted character. She was my favourite character from the animated series and they missed so many chances to let her shine. I understand that they used her character to show how mutancy can be a problem in your daily life but still they could have let her fight a little.

Old Post May 18th, 2006 07:15 AM
lordofwar is currently offline Click here to Send lordofwar a Private Message Find more posts by lordofwar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AQUA-MARINER
AntiMatter Corps

i agree with that but that being said i dont like cyk and not realy a rouge fan till she got mis marvils powers after that she rocked but that not in the movie so a littel dissiponted about that but i also know they have to evlov her up to that in the since she dident get them frist thing but she did get them later so wat can ya do

Alan Scott Respect Tread KMC AntiMatter Corps: Yellow Dawning Sea Kings Sigs

Old Post May 18th, 2006 07:22 AM
AQUA-MARINER is currently offline Click here to Send AQUA-MARINER a Private Message Find more posts by AQUA-MARINER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leo.M
A Riddle

Cyclops sad

Old Post May 18th, 2006 08:09 AM
Leo.M is currently offline Click here to Send Leo.M a Private Message Find more posts by Leo.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Cyclops by far... Colossus in x2... soldiers with guns attack the house... colossus is bulletproof... what am i missing?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 18th, 2006 04:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katie_girl09

Rogue and Storm!

Old Post May 19th, 2006 02:55 AM
katie_girl09 is currently offline Click here to Send katie_girl09 a Private Message Find more posts by katie_girl09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
superfusion

Cyclops

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 08:46 PM
superfusion is currently offline Click here to Send superfusion a Private Message Find more posts by superfusion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sabretooth
I was dead. I got better.

The most wasted main character in the first movie was Sabretooth in my opinion. That vote probably shouldn't count because I'm a little partial to him (I was just confirming that in case there was any confusion), so I'll say Jean instead. She really had no great displays of power in the first movie. At least Cyclops got to blow a hole in a building roof and Storm got to hit a couple of people with lightning and fly (horribly) in an elevator shaft. Jean got worked by Toad for Pete's sake. The most wasted secondary character was Iceman. I would have loved to have seen a bigger display of Bobby's powers. I also think Wolverine was wasted somewhat in the first movie. I know he had the most lines, character development and screen time, but they wasted what screen time they gave to him. They could have developed his character so much further and still given more screen time to some of the other characters if they would have dropped some of Wolvie's one-liners and saved him for the big showdown with Sabretooth by letting one of the other X-Men fight Mystique. I think it would have been so much better if they would have given us a look at Wolverine's berserker side in the final battle and choreographed it more like the fight with Deathstrike instead of the over-choreographed joke that it was. We're talking WOLVERINE and SABRETOOTH here! Those two were the only reasons I even went to see the movie in the first place. Their battle should have blown the Podracer scene in Episode 1 out of the water! I hate you Singer.

In the second movie, the most wasted main character was Cyclops. He was hardly in the movie at all. If I was pr1983 I probably would have felt like going home and kicking my dog after sitting through that entire movie and witnessing how my favorite character got hosed. Poor guy. The most wasted secondary character was Colossus. My guess is the 3D model for Colossus didn't look realistic enough. Maybe that's why they kept his face in the shadows. It still would have been nice to see more of him though, even if he would have looked all cartoony.

p.s. :
pr1983, I think the thing you're missing couldn't be more obvious. Who needs the help of a bulletproof guy who is really strong against some soldiers, WOLVERINE or a bunch of wimpy scared little brats? DUH! Wolverine needs help from no one! Wolverine beat Lobo!

...which X-Men have the greatets durablility(?)...

WOLVERINE!!!

Wolverine have the greatets durability!

Wolverine could probably beat SUPERMAN as long as he could go berserker. HE FEELS NO PAIN IN HIS BERSERKER RAGE! NONE! Just like in his video games! Superman's heat vision would have no effect on Wolverine in his berserker rage! Superman doesn't have cool sideburns! Wolverine would sweep LOIS off her feet and show her what a real short, hairy man is like. NO WOMAN IS SAFE FROM HIS ANIMAL MAGNETISM! It's just a matter of time before Wolverine takes Emma away from Cyclops just like he did Jean!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm training to be a fanboy in the versus forums. How was that?

Last edited by Sabretooth on May 23rd, 2006 at 03:47 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 03:45 AM
Sabretooth is currently offline Click here to Send Sabretooth a Private Message Find more posts by Sabretooth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sabretooth
The most wasted main character in the first movie was Sabretooth in my opinion. That vote probably shouldn't count because I'm a little partial to him (I was just confirming that in case there was any confusion), so I'll say Jean instead. She really had no great displays of power in the first movie. At least Cyclops got to blow a hole in a building roof and Storm got to hit a couple of people with lightning and fly (horribly) in an elevator shaft. Jean got worked by Toad for Pete's sake. The most wasted secondary character was Iceman. I would have loved to have seen a bigger display of Bobby's powers. I also think Wolverine was wasted somewhat in the first movie. I know he had the most lines, character development and screen time, but they wasted what screen time they gave to him. They could have developed his character so much further and still given more screen time to some of the other characters if they would have dropped some of Wolvie's one-liners and saved him for the big showdown with Sabretooth by letting one of the other X-Men fight Mystique. I think it would have been so much better if they would have given us a look at Wolverine's berserker side in the final battle and choreographed it more like the fight with Deathstrike instead of the over-choreographed joke that it was. We're talking WOLVERINE and SABRETOOTH here! Those two were the only reasons I even went to see the movie in the first place. Their battle should have blown the Podracer scene in Episode 1 out of the water! I hate you Singer.

In the second movie, the most wasted main character was Cyclops. He was hardly in the movie at all. If I was pr1983 I probably would have felt like going home and kicking my dog after sitting through that entire movie and witnessing how my favorite character got hosed. Poor guy. The most wasted secondary character was Colossus. My guess is the 3D model for Colossus didn't look realistic enough. Maybe that's why they kept his face in the shadows. It still would have been nice to see more of him though, even if he would have looked all cartoony.

p.s. :
pr1983, I think the thing you're missing couldn't be more obvious. Who needs the help of a bulletproof guy who is really strong against some soldiers, WOLVERINE or a bunch of wimpy scared little brats? DUH! Wolverine needs help from no one! Wolverine beat Lobo!

...which X-Men have the greatets durablility(?)...

WOLVERINE!!!

Wolverine have the greatets durability!

Wolverine could probably beat SUPERMAN as long as he could go berserker. HE FEELS NO PAIN IN HIS BERSERKER RAGE! NONE! Just like in his video games! Superman's heat vision would have no effect on Wolverine in his berserker rage! Superman doesn't have cool sideburns! Wolverine would sweep LOIS off her feet and show her what a real short, hairy man is like. NO WOMAN IS SAFE FROM HIS ANIMAL MAGNETISM! It's just a matter of time before Wolverine takes Emma away from Cyclops just like he did Jean!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm training to be a fanboy in the versus forums. How was that?
What the f**k? You had me worried there...

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 05:20 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zslick

you know what i dont care what you guys say i say gambit is the most wanted to character ever!!!

Old Post May 25th, 2006 01:31 AM
zslick is currently offline Click here to Send zslick a Private Message Find more posts by zslick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sabretooth
I was dead. I got better.

Originally posted by zslick
you know what i dont care what you guys say i say gambit is the most wanted to character ever!!!

I think the title of this thread is "Most Wasted Character IN the X-men movies". So unless you count a name on a computer screen, Gambit wasn't in the movies. Man, that felt good to type. Ima type it again: ...Gambit wasn't in the movies.

There are already several threads dedicated to Gambit fans feeling sorry for themselves because their boy just can't manage to get himself written in to a script. Do we really need to make this another one?

Old Post May 25th, 2006 06:11 AM
Sabretooth is currently offline Click here to Send Sabretooth a Private Message Find more posts by Sabretooth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

X1-Cyclops,Sabretooth,Jean

X2-Cyclops,partially Jean,Storm(she looked bored out of her mind),Rogue, Iceman, I kno Pyro did that big fire seen but he still could have done more.

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post May 25th, 2006 04:47 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chucktaylor
Syndicate Scout

Cyclops.

100% sure.

Old Post May 27th, 2006 12:23 PM
chucktaylor is currently offline Click here to Send chucktaylor a Private Message Find more posts by chucktaylor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Les yeux clos
Wisdomous

Originally posted by pr1983
Cyclops by far... Colossus in x2... soldiers with guns attack the house... colossus is bulletproof... what am i missing?
He was bulletproof in Ultimate as well confused

Old Post May 27th, 2006 12:29 PM
Les yeux clos is currently offline Click here to Send Les yeux clos a Private Message Find more posts by Les yeux clos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noa
Da Funky Chicken!

Totally agree that Cyke was the most wasted character in X-1 and 2. the worst part about it is that my friends who don't know anything about x-men other than the movies think that cyke is a crap character that should be dropped. *sigh* there is just too much background than they can everget across in two hours.

Thanks IceJaw!

Old Post May 27th, 2006 01:32 PM
Noa is currently offline Click here to Send Noa a Private Message Find more posts by Noa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

in the third basically every one who isnt wolverine jean magneto and storm

then beast iceman kitty and pyro

the rest was basically one liners the whole way

Blindfold: What does the pixie dust make then see?
Pixie: I have no idea, something awesome I bet

Old Post May 27th, 2006 05:28 PM
Arcane is currently offline Click here to Send Arcane a Private Message Find more posts by Arcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Cyclops in all 3 movies specially in 2 and more obvious in 3, he got like 30 minutes in the whole movie. Sabretooth, Angel, Psylocke, Juggernaut were all misused.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post May 28th, 2006 12:18 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leo.M
A Riddle

Cyclops was wasted in all 3 movies

Old Post May 28th, 2006 12:59 AM
Leo.M is currently offline Click here to Send Leo.M a Private Message Find more posts by Leo.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by katie_girl09
Rogue and Storm!

Storm was waisted in X3?

You gotta be kidding me.

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post May 28th, 2006 01:18 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PsyrenAviance
The Body Beautiful

i'm say all the random mutants in x3.poor psylocke.angel,
x2:cyke,rogue,syrin,
x1:toad and saber

of 1&2 movies if you ask me is jubilee.i have seen her the x 1&2 and that poor girl only got one line in x2.

Last edited by PsyrenAviance on May 28th, 2006 at 01:44 AM

Old Post May 28th, 2006 01:40 AM
PsyrenAviance is currently offline Click here to Send PsyrenAviance a Private Message Find more posts by PsyrenAviance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katie_girl09

Originally posted by InnerRise
Storm was waisted in X3?

You gotta be kidding me.

is it comprehensible.....

I posted that before X3, not after. I was referring to the first two.

Old Post May 28th, 2006 01:42 AM
katie_girl09 is currently offline Click here to Send katie_girl09 a Private Message Find more posts by katie_girl09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote