KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Can Wolverine die?

Can Wolverine die?
Started by: SuperTrevor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SuperTrevor
Supermans Undying Destiny

Question Can Wolverine die?

Can Wolverine die? I mean he can regenerate and stuff and I was just wondering how the heck you could kill someone who regenerates themself? If anybody knows please tell me?

Old Post May 30th, 2006 08:11 PM
SuperTrevor is currently offline Click here to Send SuperTrevor a Private Message Find more posts by SuperTrevor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Old Post May 30th, 2006 08:11 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Regenerate?

Wolverine is just able to Heal at an advanced rate.

I mean if his arm was cut off would he grow it back?

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post May 30th, 2006 08:39 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverex84

quote: (post)
Originally posted by InnerRise
Regenerate?

what? off course he can regenerate, as a matter of fact it is believed that it was his regenerative capabilities that enables him to heal rapidly, the ability to heal/replace lost and damaged tissues on a molecular level at an accelerated speed is considered to be very much regenerative.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 08:46 PM
wolverex84 is currently offline Click here to Send wolverex84 a Private Message Find more posts by wolverex84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Regenerate?

Not likely...but his wound will heal...maybe even on the stump of an arm too.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 08:46 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Yes Wolverine can die.Snap his neck and he's dead,drown him etc.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 08:49 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Les yeux clos
Wisdomous

Regenerate?

I guess if you managed to hold the two together, they might messed

Old Post May 30th, 2006 08:49 PM
Les yeux clos is currently offline Click here to Send Les yeux clos a Private Message Find more posts by Les yeux clos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverex84

and yes he can pretty much replace a lost arm or limb, why it makes sense is because if your body can replace lost organs, say heart, lungs, eye, stomach which are tissues etc, it is pretty much easier to grow back a lost arm, the only difference is that it would be slower to replace because of calcium phosphate that makes up the bone/cartilage/tendon tissues. my point is clear, it doesn't make sense if you can heal rapidly but cannot regenerate a lost arm because in order to be able to heal extremely fast like wolverine's healing factor, you need to be able to regenerate those tissues you lost.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 08:58 PM
wolverex84 is currently offline Click here to Send wolverex84 a Private Message Find more posts by wolverex84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Fiann@
I guess if you managed to hold the two together, they might messed

ROFL I was thinking the same thing.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 09:00 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverex84

the buttom line is that wolverine can die say, there are many ways one can kill wolverine, the easiest way to kill him is if you can shut down his healing factor, throwing him into a volcano, drowing him, cutting his head off, and if you can make him lose a lot of blood then he is more likely to die.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 09:02 PM
Jman196

you can't cut off his arm, well his metal one, when his metal skeloton was out, I still think he can regenerate limbs, with the metal skeleton you cant snap his neck, I still can't understand how the bullet didn't rickashe off his adamantium skull in X2 it just went in, and its a bullet it should have just pinged off

Old Post May 30th, 2006 09:09 PM
Jman196 is currently offline Click here to Send Jman196 a Private Message Find more posts by Jman196 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverex84

Originally posted by Jman196
I still can't understand how the bullet didn't rickashe off his adamantium skull in X2 it just went in, and its a bullet it should have just pinged off

well the bullet did not bounce off his skull because it was shot a very close range and it squeezed inside his skull, like when you shot a sticky gum on a wall at close range, this shows that the adamantium is so hard that the bullet compressed to the point that it had to stick in his skull, if it was faraway, i am sure the bullet would have bounced off.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:02 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well this I still say Wolverine can't fully regenerate body parts.

Healing and Regeneration aren't completely the same thing.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:09 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverex84

Well this I still say Wolverine can't fully regenerate body parts.

Healing and Regeneration aren't completely the same thing.

yes they are not the same but they are related, one is from the other, healing factor is from regeneration. if your body can't regenerate or replace lost or damged tisssues then there can be no healing factor. healing is part of regeneration.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:54 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

But when you start talking about reforming limbs you've gone beyond the realms of simply healing an injury such as a deep cut.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:59 PM
soul self

YES..Phoenix should have used her "seperate your molecus" fullpower on woverine then he would have dissolved and died. It didnt work in the movies cuz Jean broke through, just a little.

Old Post May 31st, 2006 02:58 AM
soul self is currently offline Click here to Send soul self a Private Message Find more posts by soul self Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

Originally posted by wolverex84
what? off course he can regenerate, as a matter of fact it is believed that it was his regenerative capabilities that enables him to heal rapidly, the ability to heal/replace lost and damaged tissues on a molecular level at an accelerated speed is considered to be very much regenerative.

he can only regenerate more advanced than what humans do. if we lose a limb we cant grow it back. ergo neither can wolverine

Old Post May 31st, 2006 09:54 AM
Marko is currently offline Click here to Send Marko a Private Message Find more posts by Marko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

Originally posted by soul self
YES..Phoenix should have used her "seperate your molecus" fullpower on woverine then he would have dissolved and died. It didnt work in the movies cuz Jean broke through, just a little.

that pissed me off, he should of been killed[SPOILER - highlight to read]: not prof X

Blindfold: What does the pixie dust make then see?
Pixie: I have no idea, something awesome I bet

Old Post May 31st, 2006 10:41 AM
Arcane is currently offline Click here to Send Arcane a Private Message Find more posts by Arcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Arcane
that pissed me off, he should of been killed[SPOILER - highlight to read]: not prof X

yeah but dude the after credits scene [SPOILER - highlight to read]: prof x goes into that dudes body

Old Post May 31st, 2006 10:45 AM
Marko is currently offline Click here to Send Marko a Private Message Find more posts by Marko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

Originally posted by cain marko
yeah but dude the after credits scene [SPOILER - highlight to read]: prof x goes into that dudes body

yeh i know that, but wolverine still shoulda died

Blindfold: What does the pixie dust make then see?
Pixie: I have no idea, something awesome I bet

Old Post May 31st, 2006 11:05 AM
Arcane is currently offline Click here to Send Arcane a Private Message Find more posts by Arcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote