KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Will You Want Ratner To Direct X4?

Will You Want Ratner To Direct X4?
Started by: lordofwar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lordofwar

Will You Want Ratner To Direct X4?

If there is an X4, would you mind him directing again? Would you want Bryan Singer to return after Superman? Or do you want a new director?

I would like to see Matthew Vaughn direct even though he left X3. Layer Cake was fantastic.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 05:43 AM
lordofwar is currently offline Click here to Send lordofwar a Private Message Find more posts by lordofwar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

If there is an X4 - and judging from the amount of money the studio will make there will be some form of X4 - I don't think I'd want Ratner to direct. I don't think his direction was bad, I just think others could do better.

The main problem I had with X3 was the script/story. The craptacular use of Cyclops. The depowering of Mystique - who could have had an awesome prequel or sequel spinoff. Rogue choosing to depower herself.

I mean seriously. Wolverine: "I'm the only one who can stop her." What the f**k? She atomizes people. Everyone else explodes into pieces including the Professor, a far more powerful mutant with psychic defences but Wolver****inrine is the only one who can stop her. Add to that way to much kowtowing to Halle Bitchy.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 06:25 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dherbolario

yes because x3 was NOT ratner's fault...get over it people...ratner came in like 6 weeks before shooting started...that's no time at all..he was handed a script and directed it..he little input if any on the story...not to mention that singer screwed over fox when he left and took the x3 writers and his ideas over to superman....i would definetly like to see what ratner is capable of when he has FULL control over an x-men film from the start....all you people blaming ratner..get over it...if not..go to hollywood...and make and x-men movie yourself....

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 06:26 AM
dherbolario is currently offline Click here to Send dherbolario a Private Message Find more posts by dherbolario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Do I want Ratner to direct it? - I'd rather have Singer, but I could do with Ratner again.

HOWEVER

This is only if they hire better writers. I have absolutely NO idea why they hired writers that have NEVER had a film that people liked. That's what ruined X3 - a bad script by horrible writers, rushing the bad script, and having too many problems with time crunches and prior committments and such.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 06:35 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quiqueg34

Peter Jackson!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 06:59 AM
quiqueg34 is currently offline Click here to Send quiqueg34 a Private Message Find more posts by quiqueg34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

I WANT TO DIRECT IT!!!!!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 10:55 AM
Marko is currently offline Click here to Send Marko a Private Message Find more posts by Marko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chucktaylor
Syndicate Scout

I agree!

Cain should direct it!!!! big grin

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 11:37 AM
chucktaylor is currently offline Click here to Send chucktaylor a Private Message Find more posts by chucktaylor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chucktaylor
I agree!

Cain should direct it!!!! big grin

big grinbig grinbig grin

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 11:51 AM
Marko is currently offline Click here to Send Marko a Private Message Find more posts by Marko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

i wouldn't mind if ratner directed again, as long as their is a different writer(s). and halle berry's screen time is cut down. and cyclops returns and actually gets some decent scenes. and apocalypse is in it. and colossus gets at least 3 lines. and their is a fiery phoenix. and kitty has a nude scene. and i get a major part in the movie.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 11:52 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

Originally posted by The Pict
i wouldn't mind if ratner directed again, as long as their is a different writer(s). and halle berry's screen time is cut down. and cyclops returns and actually gets some decent scenes. and apocalypse is in it. and colossus gets at least 3 lines. and their is a fiery phoenix. and kitty has a nude scene. and i get a major part in the movie.

i think the phoenix should be left out of it now although poorly done 'twas concluded

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 11:54 AM
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

maybe in a flashback, just so we could see it on the big screen.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 11:57 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

meh possibly

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 11:58 AM
chucktaylor
Syndicate Scout

I'd leave out Jean in X4 though...unless it involves Sinister.

And if theres Sinister, there's Apocalypse, so ok, she can be put in. big grin

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 12:35 PM
chucktaylor is currently offline Click here to Send chucktaylor a Private Message Find more posts by chucktaylor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

I think sinister should only be slightly introduced with apocs in x4 for a possible X5 or spin off it would be impossible to delve straight into such a complex story.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 12:47 PM
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Originally posted by cain marko
I think sinister should only be slightly introduced with apocs in x4 for a possible X5 or spin off it would be impossible to delve straight into such a complex story.

yeah the movies should keep it simple. but if they cut out magneto as the bad gut they could most likely have sinister and apocalypse in the movie with a plot that wouldn't give the audience a headache.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 01:03 PM
Marko
Supreme Member

Originally posted by The Pict
yeah the movies should keep it simple. but if they cut out magneto as the bad gut they could most likely have sinister and apocalypse in the movie with a plot that wouldn't give the audience a headache.

i agree

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 01:07 PM
ToxicMolly
Mr.Anderson - Agent Smith

there making a wolverine spin off it sucks with all the money there making a wolverine spin off

Havoc and Polaris Forever

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 01:55 PM
ToxicMolly is currently offline Click here to Send ToxicMolly a Private Message Find more posts by ToxicMolly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

I wouldn't mind if Ratner directed X4 but if Bryan Singer comes back to direct it then that would also be fine by me.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 04:18 PM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

Originally posted by DarthLazious
I wouldn't mind if Ratner directed X4 but if Bryan Singer comes back to direct it then that would also be fine by me.

meh i dunno ratner rushed it and synger loved toooooo much dialogue

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 04:28 PM
Sabretooth
I was dead. I got better.

I love the job Ratner did with X3. I hope he directs both Wolverine and X4. The plot wasn't Ratner's fault. He did a lot better with what they gave him than many other directors would have.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 01:48 AM
Sabretooth is currently offline Click here to Send Sabretooth a Private Message Find more posts by Sabretooth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote