KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » does anybody want an X-men legends 3?

does anybody want an X-men legends 3?
Started by: magnuslives

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
magnuslives

does anybody want an X-men legends 3?

i don't think this thread has been done before, as i checked, so here it goes....

firstly, i think marvel should listen to its x fans, i, personally feel a bit let down that, after posting a teaser for a possible third installment (sinister at the end) it was simply left, while they focused on marvel ultimate alliance. not that its a bad game or anything, but ultimate alliance had just 3 x-men. one of which, inevitably, was wolverine. (though they did introduce character packs for some consoles).

if marvel were to do a third installment, these would be my suggestions. i think there should be a bigger cast , as there weren't that many choices, in the first we had people like jubilee, whose powers were the same as at least two other characters, and in the second installment, all they could think of was to include IRON MAN, while taking out others like emma frost and beast (kind of).

i would also ask for the powers to become more individual, so as to avoid the repeat powers performances of jubilee/gambit and nightcrawler/deadpool.

some characters i'd like to see make an appearance as playables would be:

polaris, havok, emma frost (though better than in 1st installment), dazzler, rachel summers (maybe have her to replace jean, while she becomes the dark phoenix), shadowcat (don't know how her powers can be adapted to put in the game, but it would be great), forge (sick of seeing himjust being a by stander), cable (maybe have different skins as him when he was more weapons orientated, and when he had more access to his powers, individually), banshee (especially after we've already seen him in the second game so far).

thats all for now, i'll post some more another time, feel free to criticise any of my ideas if you want to, and if you know of this article already being done, then can a mod please delete/merge it as appropriate.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 09:00 PM
magnuslives is currently offline Click here to Send magnuslives a Private Message Find more posts by magnuslives Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Yes I do and they better keep the Juggernaut but please no Dark Phoenix story.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 09:43 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

i'm not criticising but i grotesquely dispise Rachel and want nothing to do with her. plus, wouldn't having her, Cable and Jean in the same game be kind of repeative? they are all psychics albeit Cable is more of a technopath now and greatly underpowered.

Havok would be a repeat Cyclops IMO. And like you said, what would Shadowcat be able to do as well as Banshee, eventhough I want him as a Playable character as weell?

Polaris, a better Emma, Dazzler, and my boy Forge would be great characters. some other one's could be Magma again, Sunfire again, Petra, although her and Magma might be a repeat because of the whole "earth" thing, Changling, Cannonball and M.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:03 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magnuslives

i'm thinking you could get rid of jean in some way, either that or simply improve her, as, frankly, for an omega mutant, she sucks. rachel, well, i'm not sure i would introduce her unless jean was disposed of first.

if they did bring magma back, then i really think they should get rid of some of those stupid abilities, like the rocks, from the first one.

some other characters then:
rogue (though less suckish), same with gambit, cannonball definitely, lifeguard maybe? she could be quite a good character if they did her properly, blink could maybe be brought in, but then you have the problem of what attacks she could actually use, as she's no nightcrawler in the physical department. psylocke should be reintroduced as well, as in the first game her play time was limited and she was pretty rubbish, while she wasn't even in legends 2.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 07:15 PM
magnuslives is currently offline Click here to Send magnuslives a Private Message Find more posts by magnuslives Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magnuslives

as to your cable argument, maybe they could incorporate the skins to different powers, so you could have the more pumped up weaponised version as one, or his more psychically oriented side as another, that way, you could account for whatever one people prefer.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 07:18 PM
jdea

I hope they do, and enhance the graphics and power ranges, I don't really care if the cast doesn't get much bigger, as long as the power variation increases

I love this stuff!!!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 03:46 AM
jdea is currently offline Click here to Send jdea a Private Message Find more posts by jdea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhotrash

Agree completely on power variations. Each character should have special attention payed to them. It was the same deal in Ultimate Alliance, all those characters sharing variations on like 15 different powers. Of course Wolverine got his own system with the whole rage thing, bleh.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 09:31 PM
redhotrash is currently offline Click here to Send redhotrash a Private Message Find more posts by redhotrash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I made an x-men legends 3 thread but that was...over 2 years ago at least

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 10:05 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormlover

of course there should be an x-men legends 3. me personally, i want to see more of the x-mansion. in fact, the more places to explore, the better. I could definitely see a dark pheonix storyline where she is the final boss, but it doesn't matter what storyline they chose, i'll still buy the game. i also agree with an increased power variation. (especially for Storm lol)

Old Post Nov 27th, 2008 02:58 AM
stormlover is currently offline Click here to Send stormlover a Private Message Find more posts by stormlover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* i want more X-characters, the more the better... dispose Ironman, he's nice to play but the game is a freakin' X-men game... if they like Ironman that much, then create an Avenger game with Avenger characters, just exclude the uber-powerful ones like Thor, Sersi, etc., so the game would be more balanced... i'll purchase that one too!

* and i hate the traps, i just think they are useless...

* remove the useless, repetitive, corny, crappy powers/abilities... replace with cool and of course more useful one...

* more skins/costumes, and i mean more... they did not include most of the classic costumes designed by Jim Lee and it's more distinguished than the other uncool costumes... Psylocke should have that sexy blue costume like Elektra...

* Cyclops is my favorite, having Optic Beam and Focused Beam is really repetitive... Optic Slam is not that impressive, Fusion Beam is cool, Polarized Beam and Optic Flash are very innovative... and i would like to suggest another Xtreme power for him, remove (okay, or retain) the Xtreme boost (Flawless Tactics) and replace (or add) it with Spatial Awareness -> a quick, short but powerful blast that ricochets in all directions, hitting almost all enemies in one single shot dealing Critical hits & Radiation damage to each enemy... and that's cool! cool

Old Post Nov 27th, 2008 03:55 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by peejayd
Spatial Awareness -> a quick, short but powerful blast that ricochets in all directions, hitting almost all enemies in one single shot dealing Critical hits & Radiation damage to each enemy... and that's cool! cool

He has a move like that except for the crit and radi effects in MUA. Ricochet shots, just keep tapping the button and he bounces super quick beams around. Its a crowd clearer, boss killer and room clearer.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2008 06:57 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
He has a move like that except for the crit and radi effects in MUA. Ricochet shots, just keep tapping the button and he bounces super quick beams around. Its a crowd clearer, boss killer and room clearer.

* i only have MUA in PS2... i didn't know he had that power in Xbox version... embarrasment

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 03:27 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix

yeah, i love that one personally...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 03:44 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Yeah I wanna see XML 3. Dont think its going to happen though. They seem more interested in marvel heroes in general.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 10:43 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* too bad... i want MUA in X Legends format, i mean the stats and abilities and all... and i want it in PS2 because the only console i have right now, sad

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 03:25 AM
holacik

Man I loved the first two games a third would be cool.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 09:45 PM
holacik is currently offline Click here to Send holacik a Private Message Find more posts by holacik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I only installed the game and used cheats to unlock the cinematics. Don't really have an interest for these types of games...

FPS or RTS only!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 03:50 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

I would like to see one,but with the way the second one ended I'm not sure if they could surpass the first two.
Their's more story's to tell for sure,but the way they set the first two up was so good,I think a 3rd could possibly be a let down.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 11:42 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jdea

I do

I love this stuff!!!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 07:46 AM
jdea is currently offline Click here to Send jdea a Private Message Find more posts by jdea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emmaandroguefan

yes for XML3 and with the return of Emma, Peace.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 02:07 AM
emmaandroguefan is currently offline Click here to Send emmaandroguefan a Private Message Find more posts by emmaandroguefan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote