KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X-Men Worlds Apart, how good was it?

X-Men Worlds Apart, how good was it?
Started by: RLAAMJR.

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

X-Men Worlds Apart, how good was it?

I bought a graphic novel of the X-Men Worlds Apart (has 4 issues). But before i got a copy, somebody already told me that Storm's opponent was Shadow King and I though, how is the story going to be interesting, fighting with an intangible villain who messes up one's mind?

Then I began to hear some good things about the story. Like Storm's powers are being used well ad that the art is great.

When i saw the graphic novel, I didn't like the art (they used the art on the first issue) and I said, well, I like Storm I'd definitely have to buy this one. So when i opened it, wow! The art inside was cool.

I was asking to myself why Marvel used the first issue cover for the graphic novel which kinda discourages other people to buy it? The art inside is great.

Anyway, the story indeed made me realize why I like Storm so much. So if you plan to buy the X-Men Worlds Apart, you won't regret.

How about you, did you like it too?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2010 03:25 AM
RLAAMJR. is currently offline Click here to Send RLAAMJR. a Private Message Find more posts by RLAAMJR. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I liked how they portrayed Storm. I liked the art, and i thought the general story wasn't bad.

The portrayal of Cyclops, though, was terrible.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 14th, 2010 03:58 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

There were a lot of cool things that happened. That's why i consider it as a must have issue/s.

Attachment: storm11.jpg
This has been downloaded 110 time(s).

The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month!

Best Storm site: http://storm-goddess.webs.com

Old Post Aug 28th, 2010 09:10 AM
RLAAMJR. is currently offline Click here to Send RLAAMJR. a Private Message Find more posts by RLAAMJR. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* that's uncalled for...

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 11:07 PM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by peejayd
* that's uncalled for...

I'm not hating Cyclops cos he's one of my favorite characters from the x-men in general

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 01:51 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

He's not hating Cyclops....he's loving Storm. And only Storm.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 02:03 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
He's not hating Cyclops....he's loving Storm. And only Storm.

lol. and who do you like?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 02:44 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I like a lot of people, if you mean just X-Men.

Colossus
Current Magneto
Anole
Rockslide
Elixir
Indra

The list goes on.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 03:25 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

That's a lot.

Anyway, here are some images from this awesome issue.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by RLAAMJR. on Sep 6th, 2010 at 03:10 AM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 03:06 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Damn. Storm just said "lol kbye".

What's her general ranking on the forum tier list again? I know a lot of people say she's overrated, but, the level of control there reminds me of the "Omega-Level Iceman could just freeze your blood" thing.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 07:52 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Here's another feat. Probably my favorite Storm feat from x-men worlds apart.",) Storm is in Africa and she hit the x-jet flying over new york with a lightning strike. Now that's really something

Believe in Storm!

Last edited by RLAAMJR. on Sep 6th, 2010 at 09:02 AM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 08:59 AM
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

I just bought a second hard copy of X-Men Worlds Apart graphic novel as a collection. The story is awesome.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 05:03 AM