KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Give Daken back the Muramasa claws

Give Daken back the Muramasa claws
Started by: EvilTyrant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EvilTyrant

Give Daken back the Muramasa claws

I liked Daken with the Muramasa claws, it gave him an edge against the big boys, but I think they need to reinforce his skeleton so he doesn't have a repeat of what happened when he fought Wolverine.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 08:02 PM
EvilTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send EvilTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by EvilTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I think Daken's going to get an upgrade soon. There was a hint to that in Road to Hell one-shot.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 08:27 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilTyrant

I hope so, he needs it. What was the hint?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2010 10:59 PM
EvilTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send EvilTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by EvilTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

he already has pheremones and stuff that is edge enough, he doesn't need murmasa claws really. Hes fine as is aslong as peopel write him as an intellegent fighter

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Dec 11th, 2010 11:56 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by EvilTyrant
I hope so, he needs it. What was the hint?

There's some bio-engineer that attracted the attention of both Daken and X-23.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:43 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

I'd rather they conclude the father/son dynamic between Wolverine and Daken, and then have Daken killed off or disappear into the sunset. Never was a big fan of his or his ties to Romulus. Having him around turns Wolverine into a bit of a pusscake as well.

As far as the claws go, I'd rather they leave him without the muramasa claws. That way, he could get some legit wins without the aid of a plot device. I also think the reinforced skeleton is a bad idea. Wolverine has one, Sabertooth had one, Bullseye sort of has one... I don't want adamantium-reinforced skeletons becoming the next healing factor.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 06:29 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilTyrant

Daken is a good character when he is written good. I'm saying the reason he needs the Muramasa blade and some adamantium is because even though a guy like Wolverine has adamantium, he still is written as having a hard time cutting guys like the Hulk and Thor. These guys have skin strong enough to resist adamantium, which is crazy.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 12:50 PM
Disappear

i think in the recent x-23/daken crossover, daken was drawn as still having the muramasa blade/claws in an issue or two. perhaps it'll simply be ignored that they were removed, or perhaps it was just an artist's glitch.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 04:58 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

How about one muramasa claw and two Antarctic Vibranium ones. That way he could legitimately kill Wolverine by conventional means.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 04:51 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Disappear
i think in the recent x-23/daken crossover, daken was drawn as still having the muramasa blade/claws in an issue or two. perhaps it'll simply be ignored that they were removed, or perhaps it was just an artist's glitch.

Muramasa claws were bone claws encased in the "metal" (plasmic form actually) that muramasa blade was made out of.

Maybe they simply grew back? Most likely just a mistake made by the artist.

Last edited by StiltmanFTW on Jun 25th, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2011 11:34 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

He still has the middle claw, they are just ordinary bone like his other two now, and there isn't much point in using it in a fight.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jun 26th, 2011 07:26 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote