KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Marvel Cinematic Universe

Marvel Cinematic Universe
Started by: peejayd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dyajeep

a shared fictional universe that is the setting of superhero films independently developed by Marvel Studios, based on characters published in Marvel Comics. The setting is much like the Marvel Universe in comic books. The universe was established by crossing over shared plot elements, settings as well as cast and characters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe

* how come they did not include the other Marvel films? it's a blast to see an all-star Marvel cast in the future... something like the Onslaught saga were almost all Marvel characters are there to participate...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 07:59 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Because Marvel incorporated it's Marvel Films division too late. Fox owns and is desperately holding onto the film rights to X-Men, New Mutants, Wolverine, Daredevil, Elektra, and Fantastic Four while Lionsgate has Punisher and Universal has Spider-Man. Even if the movies do dick business they still make enough in merchandising and home video to turn a profit and as comics franchises, they can be continually rebooted so the rights don't expire. The only way Marvel Pictures could aquire those properties and use those characters is if one of the studios allowed those rights to expire, if Marvel bought them out, or if a lawsuit was involved. Even with Disney owning Marvel now, it's doubtful they could get the kind of financial backing to fight Fox, Universal, Lionsgate, or any other studio that owns their character rights (who knows, Lucasfilm could still be clutching Howard The Duck). The only other alternative is to get all the studios to sign an agreement to share properties. That would violate industry rules and the Sherman Antitrust Act. I'm surprised they got away with referencing Weapon Plus in The Incredible Hulk. I would count on too much of that or any reference to Adamantium in Captain America.

Summary: DC was smart and hitched all their properties to one studio whereas Marvel has always been less business minded and more short-sighted.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2011 09:22 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* well that's sucks... sad i haven't thought of it 'til you brought this up... it's 'bout time they make a move regarding this... i would love to see the X-men (esp. Cyclops) interacting with most of the other characters in the Marvel Universe...

* just imagine the Bloodties storyline including almost all of them... smile

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 06:49 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I wouldn't. Think about it. What works on the page doesn't necessarily work on screen.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 04:25 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* come to think of it, yes... but just for eye-candy... long ago, i'm very thrilled to imagine what is it like to see an actual optic blast in a live action movie... or a repulsor blast from Ironman... i never got disappointed...

* i was disappointed in the DD movie though... it never achieved any good thing... he never maintained his secret identity, he got his a$$ kicked by his leading lady, he never got to save the girl... yeah, it was faithful to the comics, but the entire movie sucks... it would be better if they tweaked it a little just to have a happy ending... hell, they did it to Spider-man, why can't they do it to Daredevil?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2011 07:46 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Because Daredevil isn't Spider-Man. If you were disappointed by that movie, watch the Director's Cut and wait eagerly for the reboot which will be based on Born Again.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2011 05:39 PM
kevin456
Restricted

Account Restricted

i really don't think so

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 07:12 AM
kevin456 is currently offline Click here to Send kevin456 a Private Message Find more posts by kevin456 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote