KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Storm is #1 in Comic Vine's Top 100 Superheroes 2011

Storm is #1 in Comic Vine's Top 100 Superheroes 2011
Started by: RLAAMJR.

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Storm is #1 in Comic Vine's Top 100 Superheroes 2011

(please log in to view the image)

The white-haired, blue-eyed weather manipulator Ororo Munroe reigns supreme as she takes the top spot in Comic Vine's Top 100 Superheroes 2011 poll.

Storm led the voting poll with 196 pts, 27 points ahead against #2 Superman who accumulated 169 points. Morphues, Spider-Man, The Phantom, Aquaman and Thing followed behind.

160 comic characters were nominated from different publishers and more than 80 Comic Vine members participated the poll. The poll was conducted by a group of Comic Vine members to have and start the site's annual popularity poll.

Here's the link to see the complete list (first post of the thread) and how and who voted: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen...es-2011/632429/

A thread has also been made for Storm's victory on her forum: http://www.comicvine.com/storm/29-1.../92-638797/#176

Storm is currently leading a team starting in X-men #20 (released this month) and will soon become a member of The Avengers in Avengers #21(January 2012).

Old Post Nov 4th, 2011 03:35 AM
RLAAMJR. is currently offline Click here to Send RLAAMJR. a Private Message Find more posts by RLAAMJR. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Comicvine sucks ass though

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Nov 4th, 2011 05:34 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jalek moye
Comicvine sucks ass though

its not that bad

good for looking up old comic book covers and pictures.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2011 07:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Some great characters in the top ten though.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 4th, 2011 07:23 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

For 2011?

I'm not sure I would have gone with that, but their choice is their choice. Good for them.

Comicvine is great for bios though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 4th, 2011 09:17 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Batman #34

What a lame list.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2011 10:41 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

What the hell kind of list is that, to have Batman at #34, and Aquaman in the top ten? thumb down

I think someone just wanted to start a controversy and get people looking.

And how do Optimus Prime & James T. Kirk (just to name two) qualify as comic book characters, when their origins are clearly from different mediums? Just appearing in a comic is enough to qualify you?

Again - thumb down

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 4th, 2011 08:21 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by roughrider
What the hell kind of list is that, to have Batman at #34, and Aquaman in the top ten? thumb down

I think someone just wanted to start a controversy and get people looking.

And how do Optimus Prime & James T. Kirk (just to name two) qualify as comic book characters, when their origins are clearly from different mediums? Just appearing in a comic is enough to qualify you?

Again - thumb down

Aquaman has actually had a really good year, tbh.

Kirk is funny though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 4th, 2011 08:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

honestly u can make a good case for Prim being a comic character if your making an all time list, since transformers have had some long running comic series in the past that really fleshed them out in many ways more then the shows.. But for 2011. don't see it.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2011 01:13 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by -Pr-
For 2011?

I'm not sure I would have gone with that, but their choice is their choice. Good for them.

Comicvine is great for bios though.

but the community there is awful hence my stance on their user voted list automatically.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2011 01:14 AM
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Storm Facts:

As of the moment...

- Storm holds the record for a female comic-based Marvel Comics character that has the most number of appearances on films including X-men, X2, X-Men: The Last Stand, cameo appearances in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: First Class, Superhero Movie, etc. Whether Storm or Catwoman holds the title for a female comic character who have the most number of appearances on films requires further research.

-Storm holds the record for a female comic character of Marvel Comics that has the most number of appearances in cartoon series including: Pryde Of The X-Men, X-Men: The Animated Series, The Amazing Spider-man, Wolverine and The X-Men, X-Men Evolution, X-Men Anime, The Superhero Squad Show, and Black Panther.

-Storm holds the record for a female comic-based character with the most number of appearances in video games (more than 30 games) like X-Men Legends, Marvel vs Capcom, Marvel ultimate Alliance, etc.

-Storm is #2 for a female comic character that has the most number of appearances in comics. Invisible Woman took the top spot as she started appearing since 1961 while Storm's first appearance was on May of 1975. Storm may possibly take the top spot in year 2012.

-Storm holds the records for a black comic character with the most number of appearances in films, cartoon series, comics and video games.

Possibly...

-Storm is also the female comic character that has led a team longer than any other female characters in comics

Old Post Nov 5th, 2011 01:17 AM
RLAAMJR. is currently offline Click here to Send RLAAMJR. a Private Message Find more posts by RLAAMJR. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

This is nothing against Storm, and what a good character she is. But Wizard did the definitive list for me a few years ago, with Wolverine, Batman, Spider Man and Superman making the top four.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 5th, 2011 04:31 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

but the community there is awful hence my stance on their user voted list automatically.

Hey, i was just trying to be nice. stick out tongue

--

Wait, Storm has more appearances than Wonder Woman? Or are we just talking Marvel here?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 5th, 2011 08:21 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

This is nothing against Storm, and what a good character she is. But Wizard did the definitive list for me a few years ago, with Wolverine, Batman, Spider Man and Superman making the top four.

Even tho Wolverine being number for that list upset some folks.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2011 08:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't think there can ever be one true list, because people are always going to pick who they like, or who sells the most comics, as opposed to who actually is interesting enough to deserve it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 5th, 2011 08:42 AM
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Hey, i was just trying to be nice. stick out tongue

--

Wait, Storm has more appearances than Wonder Woman? Or are we just talking Marvel here?

Yes. Storm has more number of appearances in comics than WW. big grin

Calm Down. It's an annual popularity poll. It's not the top 100 greatest comic characters of all time.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2011 12:28 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I bet you lost your mind RLAAMJR when you saw this.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2011 07:02 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by RLAAMJR.
Yes. Storm has more number of appearances in comics than WW. big grin

That's kinda sad, now that I think about it.

And agreed with jalek in that Comicvine sucks (not simply because of this).

Old Post Nov 5th, 2011 09:23 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I don't think there can ever be one true list, because people are always going to pick who they like, or who sells the most comics, as opposed to who actually is interesting enough to deserve it.

And everyone finds different characters interesting. So there always has to be a lot of lists

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 04:02 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

And everyone finds different characters interesting. So there always has to be a lot of lists

Pretty much.

I, for example, definitely would have had Aquaman on the list. This has been a huge year for him, and it's been handled (mostly) well. Superman is back on form. Cyclops has a half-decent writer again, even with the titanic f*ck up that was Colossus.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 04:03 AM