KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X-Men: First Class 2 (2014)

X-Men: First Class 2 (2014)
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

X-Men: First Class 2 (2014)

It can now be reported Matthew Vaughn is fully on board. Simon Kinberg shares his ideas for the story here.

http://screenrant.com/x-men-first-c...155263/?_r=true

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 04:41 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Awsome! I hope it does focus mainly on Magneto and Xavier like the first film.

Also hoping Magneto stays a redeemable character like he is in the comics.

Can't wait for that.

But I'm sure Avengers, TDKR and TAS will keep me busy this year smile

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 01:17 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Second Class, damn, I'm too clever.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 10:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* just hope Marvel Studios will buy the rights back, so they can make an Avengers vs X-men movie... smile

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 06:15 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I haven't read X-Men comics in a looong time but seriously is Magneto THAT integral to all their stories & adventures?

Magneto IMO should've been phased out after X2...I'm seriously getting bored watching him in every X-Men movie regardless of the actor or period of his life.

From all 4 movies so far, we already know what his capabilities are & how the X-Men react to them.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 07:11 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Bring in the Mr Sinister.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 07:23 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I haven't read X-Men comics in a looong time but seriously is Magneto THAT integral to all their stories & adventures?

Magneto IMO should've been phased out after X2...I'm seriously getting bored watching him in every X-Men movie regardless of the actor or period of his life.

From all 4 movies so far, we already know what his capabilities are & how the X-Men react to them.

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way about Magneto in the movies at this point as I do about the overuse of Lex Luthor in the Superman films, which I guess was why I enjoyed the Sebastian Shaw performance in First Class much more than I did Mags, aside from the fact it was Kevin Bacon.

Originally posted by Kazenji

Might as well bring in Apocalypse too then if they're ever gonna have him, though I doubt they'll go that route.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Apr 27th, 2012 at 07:00 PM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 06:57 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You can do Sinister without Apocalypse, and do it well imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 06:30 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, I know he can work pretty good without Apocalypse too, but it would be awesome to have him as well IMO, whether Sinister remains completely loyal to him or secretly works against him after awhile. I've been hoping for some radical live action interpretation of at least one of them (Poccy a little more-so) since The Last Stand or X2, however unlikely that may be.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 06:57 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I do think they did overuse Magneto as the Villain in X-Men 1-3. Just as they overused Wolverine as the main hero Imo.

But for First Class I think it works perfect having Charles and Eric as the main characters. And I hope they don't change that.

As long as they keep Magneto "Redeemable" as long as they can, and have new interesting Villains and Heroes aiding this new trilogy along.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 12:20 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I've been reading some of Claremont's old stuff and would definitely like to see the Mauraders and the X-Factor part of Fall of the Mutants in the theaters at this point. If they made Professor X Death, they could explain away him walking in some of the flashbacks from the first movies.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 06:01 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

If they are going to stay the historical route - say they moved into the mid 1970's - things that were in the news then were the rise of apartheid in South Africa. Perfect time to something metaphorical on that in the form of Genosha. The X-Men struggle to end the regime while Magneto and his crew view it as the place to have a mutant homeland.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 07:04 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by roughrider
If they are going to stay the historical route - say they moved into the mid 1970's - things that were in the news then were the rise of apartheid in South Africa. Perfect time to something metaphorical on that in the form of Genosha. The X-Men struggle to end the regime while Magneto and his crew view it as the place to have a mutant homeland.

Perfect. If you read Fall of the Mutants and its Daredevil tie-in, Apocalypse's ship and four horsemen attacking Manhattan in a third movie would fit in perfectly with the 1977 New York Blackout.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2012 04:22 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

2014 is too long. I was hoping to see another x-men movie this year or next year.

The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month!

Best Storm site: http://storm-goddess.webs.com

Old Post Jun 4th, 2012 09:26 AM
RLAAMJR. is currently offline Click here to Send RLAAMJR. a Private Message Find more posts by RLAAMJR. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And maybe a younger Storm to keep you happy.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2012 09:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Kazenji

You couldn't literally call him by that name in a film. Audiences would laugh: "Mr. Sinister? Is Dr. Evil far behind him?" stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 4th, 2012 05:15 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by roughrider
You couldn't literally call him by that name in a film. Audiences would laugh: "Mr. Sinister? Is Dr. Evil far behind him?" stick out tongue
You could if you kept his original intended origin.

"Dave Cockrum and I were over ideas and what we were coming towards was a mysterious young boy - apparently an 11-year-old - at the orphanage where Scott (Cyclops) was raised, who turned out to be the secret master of the place. In effect what we were setting up was a guy who was aging over a lifespan of roughly a thousand years. Even though he looked like an 11-year-old, he'd actually been alive since the mid-century at this point - he was actually about 50 [...] He had all the grown up urges. He's growing up in his mind but his body isn't capable of handling it, which makes him quite cranky. And, of course, looking like an 11-year-old, who'd take him seriously in the criminal community? [...] So he built himself an agent in a sense, which was Mister Sinister, that was, in effect, the rationale behind Sinister's rather - for want of a better word - childish or kid-like appearance. The costume... the look... the face... it's what would scare a child. Even when he was designed, he wasn't what you'd expect in a guy like that."
-Chris Claremont quote from Wikipedia.

Hell, Apocalypse was originally supposed to be this guy-
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 12:57 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by RLAAMJR.
2014 is too long. I was hoping to see another x-men movie this year or next year.

There's still that sequel to Wolverine Origins which I believe comes out next year, not that I'm looking forward to it.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 05:16 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
There's still that sequel to Wolverine Origins which I believe comes out next year, not that I'm looking forward to it.

Because you think Wolverine is overrated?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 06:25 AM
Salthasha

It will be penned by the screenwriter who botched x-men 3, not really looking forward to yet another fox studio screw job of the title I have collected since 1975. so far Iron man 1 2 and the avengers are all very well done, note the studio, it is not fox or Sony. I will be glad when 20th century fox gets the hell out of the way and stops screwing up the X-Men.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 02:04 AM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote