KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Brian Michael Bendis on the X-Men

Brian Michael Bendis on the X-Men
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Brian Michael Bendis on the X-Men

Lol

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...y/news/?a=55256
quote:
After Avengers vs. X-Men is over, Bendis has teased on several occasions that he's moving on to something big! Well Bleeding Cool reports that BMB will be the new steward of the X-Men franchise. Reports BC, " Brian Bendis will be the writer of the X-Men titles, in the same way that he writes Avengers and New Avengers now."

As a comic book fan, this news excites me as I've admired Bendis' writing for quite some time, as he injects some much needed intellectualism into the comic books he writes; however as a long-time DC reader, I never felt there was a good jumping in point to pick-up some of the Marvel titles.

If this proves to be true, and Bleeding Cool is right about 99.9% of the time, then this just might be the opening myself and those who don't want 30 pgs of fight scenes, to start picking up the X-books.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 02:23 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
...Yeah, I'm pretty much done with Marvel now.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 02:26 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So that means he'll soon be writing Wolverine?

hope not.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 07:53 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Oh no. I don't hate on Bendis like many do, his New Avengers resurrected the Avengers.

But I don't know if I'll like his style with Xmen.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 08:46 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Could just be a misdirect, but Bendis laughed and said what he is actually doing is "Much Bigger." Which seems unlikely as in the scope of things there isn't much if anything bigger in than being the driving force behind the X-Men franchise. What might someone consider bigger than the X-Men that isn't the Avengers? Perhaps Spiderman? Maybe Bendis is taking over Amazing Spider-man after Slott's End of the Earth? That could be cool. As much as Bendis as trouble with a large cast and giving each character their own voice, his work on Ultimate Spider-man has always been top notch and it might be fun to see him handle 616 Peter solo stories.

Or maybe he takes a back seat to writing comics for a while and really tries to get the Powers tvshow off the ground.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 07:48 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Y'know, it very well could be an across the line reboot of sorts in the works, with Bendis as its primary architect. Marvel's been careful around the subject when asked and if we take the hype at even half of its face value, AvX is supposed to "change everything".

Which is way way WAY worse than just Bendis on X-Men.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 08:06 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Unlikely, Marvel doesn't want to be accused of "copying" DC. There was enough snippy remarks when Blackest Night and Necrosha were going on... and that was because both stories coincidentally had resurrected zombie esq characters (obviously an original a completely original concept that on company copied from the other).

A revitalized Ultimate line with some actually purpose maybe, but a rebooted 616 seems very unlikely.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 08:20 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

The Ultimate Verse nowadays is so...ugh.

Of course, there were teaser images floating around with Spider-Men being the tagline. Upon closer inspection, some fans claimed they deduced the teaser image was half of Miles Morales' emblem and the other half was Peter Parker's, leading some to believe that they will bring back Ultimate Peter, or impossibly, do a Ultimate/616 crossover.

That would be pretty huge, bigger than just writing X-Men, imo. Assuming Bendis isn't just throwing people off of the trail.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 08:58 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The guy needs to go on a holiday for a couple of months and come back ready to do some writing.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 09:33 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kaiter

Maybe Bendis is taking over Amazing Spider-man after Slott's End of the Earth? That could be cool. As much as Bendis as trouble with a large cast and giving each character their own voice, his work on Ultimate Spider-man has always been top notch and it might be fun to see him handle 616 Peter solo stories. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 03:28 AM
kaiter is currently offline Click here to Send kaiter a Private Message Find more posts by kaiter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Well, we now know that Hickman is off the F4 come October, so maybe Bendis on Marvel's First Family?

If you've been fallowing Joe Q's twitter, he has a new icon teasing something "Infinity" related as well... but I'm hoping Jim Starlin is returning to Marvel for that.

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Mar 4th, 2012 at 07:04 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 06:59 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The Ultimate Verse nowadays is so...ugh.

Of course, there were teaser images floating around with Spider-Men being the tagline. Upon closer inspection, some fans claimed they deduced the teaser image was half of Miles Morales' emblem and the other half was Peter Parker's, leading some to believe that they will bring back Ultimate Peter, or impossibly, do a Ultimate/616 crossover.

That would be pretty huge, bigger than just writing X-Men, imo. Assuming Bendis isn't just throwing people off of the trail.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/122/1220427p1.html

You might have called it.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 08:11 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
http://comics.ign.com/articles/122/1220427p1.html

You might have called it.

I think bringing back Ultimate Parker would be big, but bigger than handling the entire X-Franchise? Nah, I don't see it.

A crossover between Ultimate and 616 realities, though? That would be pretty big, even if it is just sticking to a Morales/Parker story.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2012 07:00 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I think bringing back Ultimate Parker would be big, but bigger than handling the entire X-Franchise? Nah, I don't see it.

A crossover between Ultimate and 616 realities, though? That would be pretty big, even if it is just sticking to a Morales/Parker story.

Did Ultimate and 616 F4 crossover years ago before Ultimate Reed was evil?

I haven't been reading the Miles Morales run so far. Is the first arc out in trades... and is it appropriate for a six year old? My cousin is bummed out the "cool" superheroes don't look like him, and his parents won't let me show him anything too violent yet (I'm not even allowed to tell him Deathstroke's name when he plays with my action figures). I think he'd be psyched to see Miles Morales as Spider-man.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 06:18 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I haven't been reading the Miles Morales run so far. Is the first arc out in trades... and is it appropriate for a six year old? My cousin is bummed out the "cool" superheroes don't look like him, and his parents won't let me show him anything too violent yet (I'm not even allowed to tell him Deathstroke's name when he plays with my action figures). I think he'd be psyched to see Miles Morales as Spider-man.

I know the Ultimateverse did a crossover with the Zombiesverse; not sure if they did a 616 crossover, yet.

I honestly wouldn't know. I know Ultimate Spider-Man is generally the most tame of the Ultimate Books, but that's about it.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 03:55 PM
Bentley
Seitei

You could always try to convince your cousin he looks like Rocket Raccoon.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 10:55 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Not sure if racist... confused

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 11:01 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I'm mixed on this. Bendis isn't the best with teams. On the other hand, Alias was awesome and his Daredevil run was as good as Frank Miller's, Kevin Smith's, Anne Nocenti's, and Ed Brubaker's.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 08:02 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just noticed Bendis is coming out my way for the Supernova pop culture expo.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 07:59 AM
cantrell77

I don't know if I'll like his style with Xmen.(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 16th, 2012 03:25 AM
cantrell77 is currently offline Click here to Send cantrell77 a Private Message Find more posts by cantrell77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote