KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Ororo Munroe leads an all-female team x-book

Ororo Munroe leads an all-female team x-book
Started by: RLAAMJR.

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Ororo Munroe leads an all-female team x-book

Here we go!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

usatoday link: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...series/1830971/

The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month!

Best Storm site: http://storm-goddess.webs.com

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 08:41 AM
RLAAMJR. is currently offline Click here to Send RLAAMJR. a Private Message Find more posts by RLAAMJR. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kohl
into the void

that looks good.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2013 05:55 PM
kohl is currently offline Click here to Send kohl a Private Message Find more posts by kohl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So why is it called X-Men then??

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 01:58 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Can't tell if you're joking or not.

If you are joking, then I agree. Their name should be changed to denote inferiority.

If you are serious, then: It's because they are part of a team called X-Men. Brian Wood didn't want to marginalize them as a subgroup/spinoff who don't belong to the "real" team. Basically, they've all earned their rank as X-Men so the title will reflect that.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 10:28 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't mind an all girl team of heroes. I honestly don't like that lineup, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 10:29 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I think a female team is a good thing at this point. I've never been a huge Rogue fan though.

Apparently, Wood has gotten hate mail for making the team all female.

http://www.themarysue.com/brian-wood-xmen-tweets/

Pretty crazy.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2013 10:01 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That's retarded. Some of the best comics I've read have been all female teams, and I've been hoping for a while that we'd get a marvel-esque birds of prey.

I could do without Rogue and Rachel Grey, tbh. And I hope that this book having Storm won't turn in to some sort of triangle between her, Panther and Logan.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2013 10:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RLAAMJR.
Here we go!!!!!

I bet you're stoked smile

Originally posted by Kazenji
So why is it called X-Men then??

Women are members of the X-men. Women are part of the race of mankind....don't make this an issue.

Originally posted by StyleTime
I think a female team is a good thing at this point. I've never been a huge Rogue fan though.

Apparently, Wood has gotten hate mail for making the team all female.

http://www.themarysue.com/brian-wood-xmen-tweets/

Pretty crazy.

Those guys must have some serious women hatred/insecurities.
I love women doing what women do. Just not often when men write them sad

Last edited by the ninjak on Feb 5th, 2013 at 04:04 PM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2013 04:01 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

Hey, It has phoenix and Psylocke, I am in, add Kitty and you have a great infiltration subsquad, great group. That looks like Jubilee is she still gone all Vlad on us? or did the phoenix force restore her when it restored the world.
As for the name I hate political correctness, Man and Men in general topic refers to both genders as in Mankind... Give me a break.
Now if this was truly an all girl team it would include Bishop cause he is the biggest girl ever thought of what a sycophantic weanie turned psychopath, they should have left nightcrawler standing and have bishop sacrifice himself, what a waste of ink he is.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 02:21 PM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

They need to write Rachel like Claremont used to, she was ballzy, cool and juggernauts worst nightmare. She needs to by now have developed an edge, from all her success she needs to be written confident, but used more like oracle of old birds of prey fashion.
When a team has two world class telepaths the powers become redundant and Rachel cannot go all ninja, thereby making her skills a little repetitive. I think they should move her to Madrox's team, X-Factor. But i do love her as a hero, and she and Kitty have a long standing friendship.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 02:29 PM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote