KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Emma Frost vs Psylocke

Emma Frost vs Psylocke
Started by: Ωmegafrost

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ωmegafrost

Emma Frost vs Psylocke

Emma Frost vs Psylocke who takes this?
[Psylocke is no longer immune to telepathy(Nation X)]

Fight outside of the X-mansion
Starts 1 mile apart
Full power
No prep

I know that this has been done many times but others doesn't say that psylocke is no longer immune.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2013 11:51 AM
Ωmegafrost is currently offline Click here to Send Ωmegafrost a Private Message Find more posts by Ωmegafrost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

Psylocke is capable of shielding herself from telepathic attacks, she is also extremely fit and skilled as an assassin. Emma is equally trained in psionic resistance both are telepathic juggernauts, the fight would come down to the most cunning, both will kill if they have to. It would be more of can Emma's diamond skin resist the telekinetic blade of psylocke? Could psylocke use her agility and physical prowess to evade and counterattack emma while in diamond form.
In diamond form she cant use telepathy would Psylocke revert to Ninja skills and stealth to utilize a fatal stealth strike?
Would the hand have a sword capable of cutting into diamond would psylocke have planned for the possible duel?
She was the hands chief assasin, to rely solely upon her power is not something that would have been taught, nor would have wolverine fantom x or deadpool aspire to limits such as that. She has billions as does emma, we know emma would have tricks up her sleeve she is as resourceful as she is beautiful, but i tend to believe psylocke is every bit as devious if she needs to be. Who would win? Probably Scott Summers as his love life with telepaths continues.

Old Post May 8th, 2013 08:12 PM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialbodies

Emma would win, as far as power or skills goes in the X-telepath heirarchy if there is even such a thing it's Xavier, Jean, Emma, Rachel, Cuckoos, Quentin, then maybe Psylocke. It's not that's she lacks the power it's the skill which would be the key factor here against either of the big three X-telepaths Xavier, Grey, or Frost, Psylocke would lose badly as Emma's battle with Exodus showed when dealing with Telepathic battles all other abilities become moot.

If Emma forces Betsy into a telepathic battle which there is no reason she shouldn't be able to then Betsy loses each and every time.

Old Post May 9th, 2013 04:11 AM
celestialbodies is currently offline Click here to Send celestialbodies a Private Message Find more posts by celestialbodies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

During the "Dark Angel Saga", Psylocke had her powers vastly increased by the Jean Grey from the Age of Apocalypse timeline. She was able to overcome Archangel with her newly-increased psionics--a feat that had previously been beyond her power. Writer Rick Remender has stated that she is now an Omega-level telepath on par with Jean Grey and Professor Xavier

Old Post May 11th, 2013 05:18 AM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
continlawyer1
Restricted

Account Restricted

My vote is goes to 'Emma Frost'.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 01:38 PM
continlawyer1 is currently offline Click here to Send continlawyer1 a Private Message Find more posts by continlawyer1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialbodies

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Salthasha
During the "Dark Angel Saga", Psylocke had her powers vastly increased by the Jean Grey from the Age of Apocalypse timeline. She was able to overcome Archangel with her newly-increased psionics--a feat that had previously been beyond her power. Writer Rick Remender has stated that she is now an Omega-level telepath on par with Jean Grey and Professor Xavier

But since then Betsy hasn't shown anything that would put her in the league of Emma Frost as far as power or skill is concerned.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 06:59 PM
celestialbodies is currently offline Click here to Send celestialbodies a Private Message Find more posts by celestialbodies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

doesn't really matter it has been stated by the author of x force that betsy is an omega, Since Emma can change into diamond form and if bets has a telepathic knife her skill level would end it there. Emma is psionicly helpless while in diamond form.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 09:14 AM
celestialbodies

doesn't really matter it has been stated by the author of x force that betsy is an omega, Since Emma can change into diamond form and if bets has a telepathic knife her skill level would end it there. Emma is psionicly helpless while in diamond form.

But it does matter, just because a writer says one thing in an interview doesn't make it factual ESPECIALLY if it isn't backed up in comic and as of now Betsy is shown as a Telepath under Emma's league. Besides Emma's also immune to psionic attacks while in diamond form, hard to use a psychic knife on a woman made of diamond.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 12:10 PM
StyleTime

Just for clarity's sake, Remender was calling Psylocke's telepathy omega level. She isn't actually an omega level mutant herself.

As for the fight, don't know. Depends on how it is written I guess. Diamond form has been bypassed before, if memory serves me correctly, but it has also been shown as perfect tp defense. Emma tends to hold a higher "X-rank" than Psylocke though, so she may get the benefit of the doubt.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 07:26 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neighborsmovie

Emma Frost

Old Post May 13th, 2014 03:33 PM
neighborsmovie is currently offline Click here to Send neighborsmovie a Private Message Find more posts by neighborsmovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

She hasn't shown anything due to regret in her current story line regret for murders regret for her role on x force and the way she carried that role out. She is the only mutant or other character in Marvel to scan the entire world and pinpoint a target without the aid of cerebro. Dating as far back as the early 80's she was exceptionally powerful and an extremely powerful telepath. as per [power level from Marvels wiki here is the list.. I am tired of arguing with you people over this. http://marvel.wikia.com/Category:Omega_Level_Mutants

Old Post May 31st, 2014 03:18 AM
Salthasha

and at this point emma is a fraction of herself... aorry as per contemporary Emma would get owned.

Old Post May 31st, 2014 03:21 AM
StyleTime

as per [power level from Marvels wiki here is the list.. I am tired of arguing with you people over this. http://marvel.wikia.com/Category:Omega_Level_Mutants

Arguing with us over what? The fight or Psylocke's Omega status? Although it is great for getting general information, the wiki is not an official source(literally anyone can edit it). She hasn't been confirmed as an Omega level mutant in a comic yet, unless I am mistaken.

Her feats of power are irrelevant. There are omega level mutants that could lose to non-omega levels.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 31st, 2014 at 05:54 AM

Old Post May 31st, 2014 05:45 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

ok so lets take it one by one, 1. are we talking about the current state of both emma and Betsy, if so Emma has diminished since the phoenix, and Betsy has taken to a non lethal bias, one she has never really done before. Power level means ability to attack and defend certain attacks, diamond form enhanced strength no mental use but is immune to psionic attack. Fair enough for betsy who would shift focus to telekinesis at that point. now we are absolutely speaking in terms of martial skill aided by two different types of powers pure physical force in tk and focusing that force into an indestructible weapon and an elite skill set by which to wield that deadly weapon. Shaw proved the diamond form is not invulnerable to weakness. In this scenario Betsy has every advantage but is quested with the equation of the penetrating the diamond hard armor. Scenario two No diamond form and a diminished telepathic ability used against an assailant that wields her telepathic bolts and her knives, emma stands absolutely 0 chance now, she is not strong enough in her current state to beat the mental defenses innate to all psionic using marvel heroes and remember Xaviers students are trained in the shielding of their minds. The martial skill of Betsy does not wane and she could fluctuate between empathic assault and creating an emotion of dredd and doubt in the face of an adversary renown for her ability to use LETHAL force, this would certainly aid in Betsy's ability to compromise her opponent and would be a part of her training as THE HANDS MASTER ASSASSIN. The fight would not be much, though if we are talking about Emma at the height of her ability, then yes she would be a fight worth seeing. But to dare say she would beat Psylocke is a gross misunderstanding of Psylockes abilities and capabilities. I love Emma I love a brash Devil may care attitude and I love the conflict that she and Psylocke both are confronted by, they aren't cookie cutter characters and this fight would likely never happen since they are both cut from the same cloth. Both come from aristocratic families both were used and dominated by others Psylocke Mojo and Emma the black king. Both had to face failure in leadership Emma as head mistress and psylocke as Cpt Britain. Both developed a harder personality less reliant upon emotion and more on survival and coping.
Depending on the era depends on the outcome, all i need to say is the writer for x force stated she was omega level, clairmont when writing her placed her abilities on par with xavier, yet before the siege perilous she did not mind control just single person she did so with the entire x team in the outback.

Old Post May 31st, 2014 06:01 PM
Salthasha

for the record here is the quote.
"Rick Remender: I can't speak to how Psylocke has been used by all other writers, but to me, having her fly makes her too powerful. Stealthy super-ninja/burgeoning Omega-level telepath is plenty for one character, in my mind. That's not to say that she hasn't been shown to have other abilities. To be frank, her history is a bit scattered and in order to make a cohesive backstory for her, I had to make some executive decisions as to what I would and would not be using. To use it all would just be too many ingredients in the soup, and I believe would make the character less interesting and believable."

As a burgeoning omega level telepath, a telepath as in a person classified by her power. Not as in the power determined by its scope, that would be stated as, a person possessing burgeoning omega level telepathy.

I realize I am older than probably all of you, and this is truly silly of me to argue in the first place but it does create some competition as such. Psylocke or Betsy Braddock when she was blind before mojo kidnapped her, she would scan people routinely around the world and live vicariously through the world seeing it through their eyes, a feat xavier can only duplicate with cerebro. The argument is bets has not shown it in the comics that is untrue, which means the statement maker has little to no knowledge of the cannon and history of this character. Betsy has always been a telepath at that level with the exception of the time her powers were swapped for TK, since then she has been not only reinstated as a teleapth but also as a telekinetic and and empath.

Old Post May 31st, 2014 06:34 PM
StyleTime

Yes, we know about Remender's statement. She still hasn't been confirmed as an actual omega level mutant in any comic. He referenced her telepathy only, which we agreed with you on.

I don't think any of our, or your, ages has anything to do with it though. Comics can be enjoyed and debated by anyone. It's not any sillier than arguing over sports imo(which I also do stick out tongue).

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 03:18 AM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Psylocke's psi blade should be able to break through psi shields.
Emma's are formidable but the ultimate expression of Psylocke power the psi blade should be enough.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 06:56 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

just me, but if the battle is in astral plane - Emma... if it's not, then Psylocke... smile

Old Post Jan 1st, 2015 08:53 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
evg2005

Emma Frost

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 02:38 PM
evg2005 is currently offline Click here to Send evg2005 a Private Message Find more posts by evg2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote