KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X-Men: Evolution

X-Men: Evolution
Started by: DaActor06

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (129): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DaActor06

X-Men: Evolution

I watch this show because I think it's very cool (Oh yeah, hey peoplez. I'm new obviously) and sometimes on Cartoon Network, they will show episodes that revolve around Apocalypse's uh, re-birth? Hehe. Can't think of the word, but anyway.
People have been talking about Pyro, here is some info. He will most likely become a baddie. In the comics, he was aligned with Mystique in the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Then he joined the Freedom Force yada, yada. Was left w/ Blob in Gulf War. Don't ask. sad
Anyway, since, ya know, he can't MAKE fire (what a loser) he has a insulated suit that has small flamethrowers that emit from his wrists. He then uses these as often humorous illusions such as horses, birds, or giant fists. Yes.
But yeah, anyway. About X-3, if you go to the X-2 website, in Cerebro, in the creepy artwork (what i like to call it) you see half a man... That part is machine. Maybe hinting at something? I dunno. :-P I have yet to see the second movie, yet I know much more than some people.
Sorry this is long, but about Gambit: It seems that the movies are taking a bit of a turn towards the comics, there are lots of comics and LOTS of mutants. Some you've probably never even heard of: Dazzle, Bishop, Cannonball, Domino, and Pennance. Anything is possible in this next movie. And since we have 3 years, it'd better be damn good.
IMO, I think there should be about 6 movies. Hopefully not X-4, X-5, etc. The next one, X-Men 3, should be more about the mutants pasts so we can learn more about them. Or it should travel far into time, where the Sentinals have begun to take over. Really it doesn't matter because I know that they'll all end up doing the same thing. They could focus on Generation X, which is set in the future. Husk is one example. Creepy example. She rips her outer layer of skin to shapeshift. Eww. sick Prof. X has long expired. Banshee is now the headmaster, but anywho.
Alright, I have found a lot of good websites. And as I'm reading, it's occuring to me that a lot of mutants, have alto-ego's, if you will. Jubilee = Vertigo. Jean = Pheonix. If anyone would care to elaborate, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, some mutants can be closely similar with one another. Take Spyke from X-Men: Evolution and Marrow. Marrow has bones from her body that grow out like Spyke's that she uses for weapons. Boom Boom (from XM:E) and Meltdown (from comics)are the exact same person, one's just older. One more, Forge. Nightcrawler met him while traveling into something... with something. Forge is similar to Cable. They can both do the arm thing. With metal.
Since this is getting long I think I will wrap things up. New info pour moi, seems like X-Men Evolution is getting in new characters. If you watch the newer episodes, and see the new X-men group you will notice some people that will be in the future: Cannonball, Magma, Wolfsbane, Sunspot, and Multiple Man. They don't tell you the names though. In one episode, which I think is entitled "Growing Pains" you can see them all playing outside of the institute. Which is humourous in a way. Hopefully, with XM:E we will be able to see the process of the mutants growing and finding their powers.
Anyway, thanks for reading and hopefully I can get some comments and explinations with things. Thanks in advance!
big grin

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 10:22 AM
DaActor06 is currently offline Click here to Send DaActor06 a Private Message Find more posts by DaActor06 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Re: X-Men: Evolution

quote:
Originally posted by DaActor06

But yeah, anyway. About X-3, if you go to the X-2 website, in Cerebro, in the creepy artwork (what i like to call it) you see half a man... That part is machine. Maybe hinting at something? I dunno. big grin

Thats art work for Colossus. Is in X-men 2.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 12:06 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Colossus was sweet in X2.

I hope he has a bigger part in the next movie.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 07:11 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

He certenally looks good in boxers stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 07:19 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I really wouldn't know that.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 09:19 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 09:41 PM
Smllfry247
Queen of the Universe!

when does x3 come out?

Frodo: I cant do this, Sam.
Sam: I know. Its all wrong. By rights we shouldnt be here...but we are. Its like in the great srories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of Darkness andanger, they were, and sometimes you didnt want to know the end because how could the end be happy. How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad happened... but in the end its only a passing thing. The Shadow even darkness will pass. A new day WILL come. And when the sun shines it will shine out clearer. Those are the stories that stay with you and meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But, I think, Mr. Frodo, i do understand... iknow now. Folk in those stories have a lot of chances to turn back, but they didnt. They kept going because they were holding on to something!
FRODO: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That theres some good in this world, Mr Frodo and its worth fighting for.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 03:59 PM
Smllfry247 is currently offline Click here to Send Smllfry247 a Private Message Find more posts by Smllfry247 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morph

Spyke is NOT a rip off of Marrow. He was originally a character in the X-Force series. And Forge IS a real character and is not a Cable knock-off. And yes, Boom Boom IS Meltdown. The comicbook version of Tabitha used Boom Boom as one of her aliases, so Boom Boom isn't a rip-off either.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 05:01 PM
Morph is currently offline Click here to Send Morph a Private Message Find more posts by Morph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DaActor06

I didn't say they were rip-offs. I just stated that they were similar. Don't change the words, please! big grin

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 05:26 PM
DaActor06 is currently offline Click here to Send DaActor06 a Private Message Find more posts by DaActor06 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i love x-men:evolution! it has more variety of new mutants and show up more often than the old fox toon ever did. i watch it almost all the time. my characters are: rogue, nightcrawler, and storm.

(please log in to view the image)

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 12:03 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I dont like Evolution too much, its a lighthearted series but the first X-men animated series kicked ass it was more serious

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 12:46 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

When are new episodes debuting?

I haven't seen a new one since November 2002

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 05:13 PM
Metroplex

I dont really like X-men Evolution. Like Darth Vicious said, its not as serious and isn't too much connected to the comic book. The old one was better.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 12:50 AM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Smllfry247
when does x3 come out?

Around 2006sad

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 03:21 PM
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Us Brits with only four TV channels will put up with Evo most happily ^_^

Although Pyro's slightly nerdy in Evo, Gambit is *teh shex* and Kurt's sweet too ^_^ And I like Toad, too, though I think they changed his name to Todd Dolansky or Tolanski or something like that. Ah well. I'll go off and sing his theme song thing *grins*.. and they changed Magneto's name to 'Magnus'?

~Ikobe

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 04:05 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Catch 22
Disinterested

I didn't like Evolution, but now it's really grown on me.

Catch 22!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 09:14 AM
Catch 22 is currently offline Click here to Send Catch 22 a Private Message Find more posts by Catch 22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

catch 22, what's your avatar of/from?

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 11:44 PM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lilanime32
A Mush-Head Romantic

X-Men evolution is just an attempt to get the new generation to like an old idea. Just like Batman Beyond. They're trying to appeal to today's "young people".

I have to say, it is annoying how far off X-Men Evolution is from the true story line, but if you watch it as if it was a brand new show, not based on anything else, I think it's decent.

"...I didn't hate them. I pitied them. Do you know why? Because most people will never know anything beyond what they see with their own two eyes." ~~Nightcrawler~~

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 06:10 AM
lilanime32 is currently offline Click here to Send lilanime32 a Private Message Find more posts by lilanime32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

well, at least it isn't boring and animated/drawing horribly. if it were the same as the x-men 90's toon, movie, and comics, the story would get boring and repetitive.

when i was looking up the voice actors for x-evo, i read that richard cox (who plays the voice of quicksilver) also plays the voice of Inu Yasha in the anime named after the hanyou. i knew the voice sounded familiar!

there was also another guy from inu yasha who played the voice of piccolo from dbz.

well, i watched x-evo earlier, great episode. "Day of Recovery" where the x-men and brotherhood go save their captured memembers in area 51 (is it area 51?). small appearance by nick fury of shield.

since it had come out on dvd recently, i really need to catch up on the old and more recent season epiz. ja ne!

battosai yuriko

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 07:19 AM
LanceWindu

quote:
Originally posted by lilanime32
I have to say, it is annoying how far off X-Men Evolution is from the true story line

Actually I read in some old comics that the original X-Men cartoon series was far off from the original story lines from the comics.

The animators and writers said that the series was an alternate reality of the X-Men.

Same goes for Evolution.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 06:55 PM