KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X3 news

X3 news
Started by: G.P

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (175): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
G.P
living bank advertisement

X3 news

3 news from superherohype.com

1° Big X-Men 3 Movie Update!
Friday, July 18, 2003 3:58 CDT

Zap2it has published a great report on what X-Men series director Bryan Singer said at the screening of X2 for the Society of Composers and Lyricists Tuesday night. As previously reported, he revealed that he's finished writing a treatment for a third film.

The film will likely be centered more on Wolverine's (Hugh Jackman) story and Jean Grey's (Famke Janssen) transformation, while Storm (Halle Berry) may be completely absent or only appear in a cameo performance.

Actors already signed on for a sequel include: Jackman (Wolverine), Janssen (Jean Grey), Anna Paquin (Rogue), Aaron Standford (Pyro), Shawn Ashmore (Iceman), James Marsden (Cyclops), Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler), Rebecca Romijn-Stamos (Mystique), Daniel Cudmore (Collossus) and Kelly Hu, whose character Lady Deathstrike appeared to have died in the last film.

Not signed on yet: Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart, who will both likely wait for a completed script before signing on.

(from http://www.superherohype.com/cgi-bi...58561881,80290, )

2° "At the Society of Composers and Lyricists screening of X2 on Tuesday night, Bryan Singer indicated he had just last week completed his treatment of X3. He also says that he hopes to get a feature film directed before starting in on X3, so that seems like we can expect him to direct this 3rd film".

3°Cinema Confidential spoke to Anna Paquin, aka Rogue, about a possible X-Men 3...

With the phenomenal success of “X2” – are you looking forward to an “X3?”

I have no idea if they are making one. I haven’t actually heard anything. I think they are still reeling from the excitement around “X2.” I don’t know what’s happening with “X-Men 3.”

Would you be excited if they were to get everyone back for another round?

If it was the same team, yes. That’s not set in stone like “X-Men 1” and “X2.” It would really depend on who all would be involved because part of what was really special about that experience was that we were doing this great, big, fantastical, movie with all these really serious, very talented, actors and directors. How often are you going to see Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart in one movie and have it be something that’s very – I don’t know? All those kinds of people, it’s just awesome to work with and then putting it into a sort of “not-real” environment, having all the effects, it was just a really cool experience that you never get anywhere else. If they could do that again – absolutely. But who knows? I think everyone’s schedules were pretty complicated on the second one and to try to get all eleven of us back together, I have no idea how they will manage to pull that off for “X3.”

(from http://www.cinecon.com/news.php?id=0307161)

Comments ?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 09:56 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P

Kes is gonna be very angry if the first one is true embarrasment

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 09:57 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

You mean Storm not being in it?? mad Damn it!!!!!!!!!!! I want Storm!
If she's not in it it will suck! Atleast I want a spin-off!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 10:01 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P

No, don't hurt me, Kes, pleaaase... embarrasmentembarrasment

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 10:03 PM
verauko
Dreamer of the Month

I'm so sorry Kes... How can I help?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 10:08 PM
verauko is currently offline Click here to Send verauko a Private Message Find more posts by verauko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Not your fault G.P wink Good info big grin
But I want Storm!!!(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Kes on Jul 18th, 2003 at 10:14 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 10:11 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
verauko
Dreamer of the Month

Kes, I believe that Storm will appear in X3! Hope is the most important! I'm with you

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 10:18 PM
verauko is currently offline Click here to Send verauko a Private Message Find more posts by verauko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P

2nd possible fact : Return of B.Singer : Yeehee !!! Like his work smilesmile

Edit, PS: Verauko, I like you new sig smile

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 10:19 PM
Kes
Philie

Thanks Verauko!wink
Yeh your new sig is great smile
And your right G.P atleast it's Singer. Hope he can get Patrick and Ian.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 10:23 PM
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

Whoa....
That sucks if Stormy ain't gonna be in it, then I think some people should be taken out. Mafia style! Stormy is an essential character, she can not, not be in the movie!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 10:54 PM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Damn Straight DG!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 10:59 PM
verauko
Dreamer of the Month

They should make Storm and Rogue (and plot with Gambit big grin) the main characters in X3... I'm sick of Jean! She's like a perfect Barbie! Ugh!
And Wolverine has his big part in X and X2 already! I don't want him in X3 as THE MOVIE BOSS! £££££eeeeeeeee!!!!!! I'm gonna cry!

PS: THX, I tried... does anyone want me to make him a graphic with his fav X-man for the signature? That's no problem for me! I luv comp graph! I can make it all day and night... oops it's 1.00 am here big grin well... who cares, I'm not sleepy yet big grin

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 11:02 PM
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

I agree, the three of them should have their own movie. And does anyone know the EXACT reason Wolverine became so popular? That's been bugging me recently.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 04:01 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mafia Girl
Paranoid Insomniac

GP good info! big grin .......im in the mafia if you need any help with ur problem shifty !

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 04:30 AM
Mafia Girl is currently offline Click here to Send Mafia Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Mafia Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by DemonicGambit
I agree, the three of them should have their own movie. And does anyone know the EXACT reason Wolverine became so popular? That's been bugging me recently.

Well his story is probably the one that looks best on screne.

Last edited by Kes on Jul 19th, 2003 at 06:29 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 02:35 PM
Kes
Philie

Synopsis: Third installment of the X-Men films. No story has been confirmed, BUT, I think its safe to say that the third part will revolve around the Phoenix saga. Reports indicate the producers want to skip ahead and go straight into the Dark Phoenix story. New characters rumored to be in X3 include Gambit, Beast, Angel, Psylocke, Emma Frost, Dazzler, Juggernaut and possibly the Sentinels. We'll keep you posted.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 02:37 PM
verauko
Dreamer of the Month

Gambit is the most wanted big grin

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 05:56 PM
verauko
Dreamer of the Month

AAAAAAAA ! Look!!!!!!!

Hugh Jackman has said he can’t see himself playing Wolverine for much longer. The X-Men star said in a recent interview that he would do another movie as the character, but doesn’t want to be stuck playing him into his old age. “They don't really have to rely on the existing format because there are so many characters in the pantheon of the comic book series," he explained. "The younger characters, which Wolverine mentors, could take up the mantle and do just as good a job. It is limitless and the characters could grow up with the fans."

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 06:05 PM
verauko
Dreamer of the Month

but it could be only a gossip, who knows? sad

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 06:11 PM
buffymitch
Colossus

X3 should not be about wolverine. Like i said before the movie is not called wolverine. I would have no problem if they make it about Jean Grey. I just hope they won't make it too complicated.
A Storm spin off does sound cool but a Wolverine or generation X sounds better. If Halley Berry decides not to return she will lose a lot of fans. How can she be so stupid. Just because she has an Oscar she thinks she's GOD. Like DemonicGambit said Storm is an essential character. the little replacement they they made from the first movie to the second were not that terrible like Pyro's character but if they do that with storm the movie will suck big time. Kes i totally understand you if you go crazy over Storm not being in the movie. I like her a lot too.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 06:14 PM
buffymitch is currently offline Click here to Send buffymitch a Private Message Find more posts by buffymitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote