KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » EPISODE-I DVD Release Date Announced!!!

EPISODE-I DVD Release Date Announced!!!
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

EPISODE-I DVD Release Date Announced!!!

October 16th 2001, that's the day that worldwide distribution of the Episode-I DVD is set to start.

You can get the entire story at the Official Star wars Website.

Official DVD Release Announcement

There are tons of special features, including all 12 on Lunnes Diaries, the trailers, various commentaries and a brand new 1-hour documentry entitled "The Beginning"

The package is a 2 disk set.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2001 06:42 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

About bloody time, too. It had better be good!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 19th, 2001 10:29 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's got commentaries and you can switch between the animatics and the theatrical version while watching the film. Yippeeeee.

Deleted scenes with totally finished visual effects, especially finished for the DVD. Yipppeeeeeeee..

Commentaries by lots of people, including GL and RM and many many more.... YIPPEEEEEE.

Look what they made me do! The made me say YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. big grin

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 02:20 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Pants

Don't get your hopes up. The inclusion of so many other versions of the film may mean it's on a flipper disc.... sorry to bring you all down. Nah, doubt Gl would do a thing like that come to think of it. Sorry, as you were.WAHEEEEEEEEEYYYY! big grin

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 02:38 AM
Find more posts by Darth Pants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phinney6
consiglieri

I dont have a DVD player sad sad

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 02:57 AM
Click here to Send phinney6 a Private Message Find more posts by phinney6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I wish I had a DVD player. I would be really awesome combined with my dolby surround sound and 46 in. big screen. big grin

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 03:20 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mk1979

What! You have a 46 inch TV with surround sound, but you dont have a DVD player! My friend, it's shamefull! I suggest you penny pinch every cent you can, save up $300 bucks before October, and buy a DVD player! Remember how the Matrix made people buy DVD players, we'll the Phantom Menace DVD should put a DVD player in every home! I'm off to buy SONY stock! wink

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 10:21 AM
Find more posts by mk1979 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I have DVD in my PC and it is zone free big grin cool. My surround system on the pc will come in handy smokin' . The sound system I have cost as much as the entire computer. I paid 31000 NKR for the entire stuff computer and sound system (for £ divide on 13 and $ 8)

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 11:47 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Well I just KNEW I had to by a DVD last week. Something told me to do it. Maybe there is something to the Force after all... laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 12:16 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Well at my dad's house the computer he has can play DVD but there is no surround sound for it. And the screen is only 19".

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 12:32 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

And on another note, I'm getting $600 for settlement from a car accident not to long ago. I'm saving it for a DVD player and a Microsoft X-Box.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 12:34 PM
Ratcat

Doesn't the X-Box play DVDs with full Surround, Dolby, etc?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 02:14 PM
queeq
Chaos

I don't get it, watching movies on your computer. A bit daft if you ask me.

Anyway, more good news. Release date for UK is Oct 15, and for Continental Europe (including Holland) Oct 17. YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I was afraid I'd had to wait for a few months or so. I am still waiting for Ben-Hur to be released in Holland, it's been released in the US for quite a while now. *still waiting*

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 03:55 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mk1979

I just found out that the DVD is only going to be 30 bucks! That just rocks my tofu! As soon as YAHOO allows pre-orders, I will do just that! big grin

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 08:40 PM
Ratcat

Probably means about a £25.00 price tag for the UK then.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 10:05 PM
queeq
Chaos

I can probably get it for 20 pounds, or US$25. I get a good deal from my video rental store.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 12:40 AM
LanceWindu

Hey RC, goodlooking out man. I just remembered that the X-Box does play DVD's. I am such an idiot.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 02:14 AM
Raz
Meister

Admin

The X-Box does have DVD capabilities, but I don't think they provide the player with the default system...might be an add-on.

Anyways about the DVD release....Yipee!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 03:08 AM
Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mk1979

Should I pre-order?, I was going to definately, but now that I think of it, it will take at least three days to arrive at my house after it becomes available! That sucks major booty! I dont think it will sell out or anything, I mean when it came out on tape, there were tons of them, I think that they should have enough to get some the first day. I hope i'm right, but that Amazon.com 7 bucks off deal sounds mighty tasty! Suggestions please!!!!!! confused

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 08:17 AM
queeq
Chaos

Go and pre-order, dude. You know you want it, might as well cash in on the discount. GL's making enough money on us as it is.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 01:12 PM