KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Coolest aspect of Ep I

Coolest aspect of Ep I
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tex
Yumsz

Coolest aspect of Ep I

Episode I had a lot of cool new stuff i.e. double bladed lightsaber, pod races, etc.. What do you think was coolest about Ep I?, I personally think the destroyer droids were awesome, the way they roll, fold outwards, and their shields, WOW! That really rocked my tofu!!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2001 12:47 AM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

What impressed me the most was the way Qui Gon and Obi Wan handled their sabers. The swordplay was far superior to the OT. I know some people think the fight scenes weren't that great, but just MHO.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2001 11:28 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Pants

The mood of the podrace was great, but for me the best aspects were those continued over from the OT. I got mega back-tingles when I heard the hum of the sabres booming out over the speakers.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2001 02:41 AM
Find more posts by Darth Pants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon Qui-Gon Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon Qui-GonQui-Gon. Qui-Gon Qui-Gon Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon.Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon Qui-Gon Qui-Gon.Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon Qui-Gon Qui-Gon.

I thought it was Qui-Gon, see? Laim neeson was spot on.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 30th, 2001 04:08 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Pants

Damn, you didn't spell it wrong once! Yes, he was great in the role. His character always sticks in my mind as a bit lacking in wisdom, though. Just slightly too clumsy. I keep getting flashes of him being smacked in the gob and run through.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2001 12:26 AM
Find more posts by Darth Pants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

He was somewhat of a maverick I feel.

For me it had to be Anakin Skywalker. Everybody slated poor old Jake Lloyd for his acting but he was SPOT ON.

He was supposed to play and excited and enthused 9 year old, who enjoyed his life, no matter how bad, but who also had dreams and aspiriations.

Jake Lloyd did just that. People ran down his "Yipppeeee!", but for the type of 9 year old he was that was perfect. Everything about the 9 year old Anakin was supposed to portray an innocent. I think it will become more apparent as we see the Anakin of 10 years later. We need to see a stark change and I think we will, then maybe people will understand the Anakin of 9 years old a little better.

quote:
Anakin Skywalker to Padmé Naberrie:
<STRONG>"You think I'm still the little boy that you first met, when the truth is I've changed.

I've Grown Up."</STRONG>

Old Post Jul 1st, 2001 01:11 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh, I agree... I'm a big JL defender as well...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 1st, 2001 03:31 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

well I`m not he was as annoying as Jar Jar.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2001 02:39 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

JL sucked! too wooden!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2001 11:58 PM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pikachu
Little Yellow Mouse

I agree with RC & Ushgarak.

Jake Lloyd gave the exact performance he was supposed to. A nine year old kid.

What did people expect?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2001 12:00 AM
Click here to Send Pikachu a Private Message Find more posts by Pikachu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

quote:
Originally posted by Texas:
<STRONG>JL sucked! too wooden!</STRONG>

There's nothing like indepth analysis and that was nothing like indepth analysis...

I wonder if the people who have made the disparaging comments above actually have kids of there own?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2001 12:30 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth fester
jay & silent bobs friend

for me it has to be jar jar he was brilliant his voice his moves

and boy did he make me laugh brilliant lets hope we have more jar jar in episode 2

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2001 01:45 PM
Click here to Send darth fester a Private Message Find more posts by darth fester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

There are other kids in hollywood who actually do very good performances like the kid who played in the sixt sence.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2001 03:15 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Exactly Finti, Lucas should of gotten Hailey Joe Osment.... I dont know if they have 'Smuckers Jam' in Europe, but in America JL is an actor in most of there commericals, and in the commericals, he plays a sweet innocent little kid, the difference is that in the commericals, he actually acts we'll, not like in Episode I where he stinks! (A little more indepth analysis for RC) wink

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2001 01:24 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

HJO would have been a terrible idea as far as I am concerned; he plays a whole different sort of kid in his movies.

I think JL got across the idea of what a young Anakin would have been like VERY well.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2001 01:35 AM
DARTHWALKER77

THE BATTLE BETWEEN MAUL AND OBI-WAN WAS THE BEST PART FOR ME...MADE ME THINK IF OBI WAS "RELEASING HIS ANGER, ONLY HIS HATRED COULD DESTROY MAUL"

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2001 10:30 AM
Click here to Send DARTHWALKER77 a Private Message Find more posts by DARTHWALKER77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jameous Woodshire

I think he may have had some anger flowing, but I also think that when Qui Gon was meditating before Maul was released, he transfered some of his power to Obi, just like Obi did to Luke in ANH.

"If you strike me down I shall become more powerfull than you can possably imagine."

Old Post Jul 4th, 2001 05:44 AM
Click here to Send Jameous Woodshire a Private Message Find more posts by Jameous Woodshire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Maul
the young kick-ass Obi-Wan
the JC
Coruscant
Otah Gunga
Jar Jar
Watto
Podrace
Duel Of The Fates
the soundtrack
R2's introduction
Padme and Anakin
Jake Lloyd
Battledroids
The Trade Federation
Palpatine
The underwater chase

I loved the film!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 03:52 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

While I pretty much agree, I know most fans take great issue with at least two of those choices. Actually, I must say I didn't think much of the Underwater Chase (may be better in the DVD)

BtVS

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 10:35 PM
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

What are some specific things that Texas disliked about JL? I thought he did a fine job. I liked the underwater chase. I found it to be rather humerous.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 02:02 AM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote