KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Favourite scene/shot

Favourite scene/shot
Started by: Darth Pants

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Pants

Favourite scene/shot

OK, so what is/are everyone's? I'd have to say that my favourite shot is in ROTJ, when it shows the Death Star from Endor's surface and pans down to show Vader's shuttle landing, with an AT-AT walking towards the platform. So cool I had to rewind it the other day. I'll feel so daft if this post sinks to the bottom of the board without even a viewing, but it's a pretty open question.

Old Post May 5th, 2001 01:59 AM
Find more posts by Darth Pants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I think it's a scene I love because of the Special Editions.

I love to watch the scene where Luke, Ben and the droids arrive at Mos Eisley. I still manage to spot little elements that are new in the SE.

Old Post May 5th, 2001 02:05 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Trench sequence...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 5th, 2001 02:40 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I was disappointed with some of the cleanup on that sequence in the SE's

Old Post May 5th, 2001 01:50 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth fester
jay & silent bobs friend

my worst scene is when luke fights the rancor in rotj it looks so bad like some thing out of clash of the titans
i thought when they did the new editions they would re do it but it still looks rubbish

Old Post May 5th, 2001 02:30 PM
Click here to Send darth fester a Private Message Find more posts by darth fester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

My favorite seen is the ESB one where Han is frozen.. mostly because of the extremely rich color palette and lighting..

Old Post May 5th, 2001 07:27 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

You would think that the Rancor scene, being so bad, would have benefited more from a reshoot than the inclusion of that very dodgy Jabba or the Wampa additions.

Old Post May 5th, 2001 07:41 PM
Darth Pants

The Rancor looked OK when Luke wasn't in the shot too. It managed to convey a sense of bigness in the way it moved, but I hated the shot where Luke runs past it. Surely it would have been better if they had made a giant pair of legs prop, rather than showing that hideous black line.
Don't even get me started on the Jabba scene. Am I the only one who thinks he looks too different to his ROTJ appearance in both ANH and TPM? The fact that Han leaves no shadow on him and his arm moves straight through Jabba's for a few frames make the scene look unconvincing. Also, I was under the impression that if you walked over Jabba's tail, you were instantly shot dead.

Old Post May 5th, 2001 08:50 PM
Ratcat

Jabba was far too small in the ANH SE, I agree entirely with what you have said.

Old Post May 6th, 2001 04:41 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indeed, I remember discussing this one before, trying to work out why they didn't re-do it (time, I think).

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 6th, 2001 04:55 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

My favorite scene is when Luke fights Vader in ESB. And Luke says to him, "you'll find I'm full of surprises," it just shows Luke is not afraid and that he COULD eventually do the unthinkable, destroy the Sith.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post May 6th, 2001 07:49 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Luke was made to look rather feeble in that fight, I think. Always was a lucky guy...

BtVS

Old Post May 6th, 2001 06:25 PM
Ratcat

Well, that was the idea. Incomplete was his training after all...

Old Post May 6th, 2001 08:26 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I agree. Luke was amazingly talented, of course, but bear in mind that even GL has said that we was not up to scratch, certainly he was not much compared to the Jedi of the Old Republic. Some people seem to overrate his skills... the point is he succeeded in spite of his abilities, not because of them. And THAT was the end of his training.

BtVS

Old Post May 6th, 2001 10:34 PM
Darth Pants

Remember also that Luke had the Force on his side in a BIG way. Pretty much the same as Anakin destroying the droid control ship, no accident, just the Force acting in strange ways to do what needs to be done. "There's no such thing as luck", etc.

Old Post May 7th, 2001 12:48 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

True, but that is no good against Vader and the Emperor...

BtVS

Old Post May 7th, 2001 02:47 AM
Darth Pants

Indeed, you couldn't press a series of buttons to kill Vader and the Emperor (well, not Luke in that situation anyway), as Anakin won the day in TPM. What I'm saying is that what Luke lacked in discipline and refinement of skills (which would have got an ordinary Jedi killed), the Force itself probably assisted him. The other major factor was that Vader still didn't want to kill Luke, he'd have sliced any other Jedi to ribbons straight away.
You know, I really hope it was GL's intention that the Force guided Anakin in TPM, and it wasn't just a 'the funny things these kids do' effort to make his younger audience chuckle.

Old Post May 7th, 2001 03:10 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually, VAder's fighting ability had been severely reduced by his injuries... but certainly his emotions were important there.

I think if the MCs turn up again, it will be as part of said Force Guidance.

BtVS

Old Post May 7th, 2001 03:26 AM
Ratcat

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak:
<STRONG>Actually, VAder's fighting ability had been severely reduced by his injuries......</STRONG>
Based on what?????

Old Post May 7th, 2001 03:50 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

GL said so.

BtVS

Old Post May 7th, 2001 03:52 AM