KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Vader's body

Vader's body
Started by: jedi212guy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

Vader's body

When did Vader's body disappear when he died? The movie doesn't show it. Somebody please explain.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2001 01:45 AM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Luke burnt him, so his body didnt disappeare.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2001 08:45 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, I disagree, I think it did disappear, and that his ghostly appearance at the end proves it (because I am certain that disappearing and ghost form are linked); in support of all this are comments by Rick McCallum and the Official website (though that is not proof in of itself).

In which case, I wouild say it disappeared very shortly after his last words; probably by the time Luke took off in the shuttle.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 4th, 2001 11:11 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Ghostly as Anakin yes not as vader, remember Vader was very much mechanical where do the mechanical limbs go?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2001 12:49 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Obviosuly THEY didn't go anywhere; only his organic parts disappeared.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 4th, 2001 02:21 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

GL has a far amount of explaining to do about vanishing bodies. big grin

Old Post Aug 4th, 2001 05:06 PM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I took his body, it's under my bed evil face

Old Post Aug 4th, 2001 05:30 PM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Wel, we saw he was dead but them Luke took him in his shutlle so we don't know what is the full truth, but everybody and GL are saying that it was his armor that was on the pile, this was because GL first wanted to get the disapearing trick only done by guys from the Ligh Side, but felt it was not fair for DV so he let him be a ghost also.
It is true that it is ANNAKIN that is a ghost and NOT DV!!! There IS proof in the movie ROTJ!! Look at the gost his hair! He HAS hear so he is not Vader without his armor wich we saw earlyer in the movie, so this MUST be Annakin

Old Post Aug 4th, 2001 06:17 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, let;s not over-distinguish the two (because it is all a bit metaphysical), but you are generally right.

Check the thread Jedi Death for a fuller discussion on the disappearing trick, and any numjber of past threads where myself and Queeq have argued endlessly about it...

BtVS

Old Post Aug 4th, 2001 06:20 PM
yerssot

Ushgarak Well, let;s not over-distinguish the two (because it is all a bit metaphysical), but you are generally right.

Sorry, English is not my first language (4th language) can you explain your answer in simple English please?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2001 06:26 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

Don't worry, he's just talking out of his a$$. No insult intended, alright?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2001 09:52 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Don;t spend too much time seperating Anakin from Vader when it comes to the disappearing trick. It;s the same body, after all.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 4th, 2001 09:55 PM
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

I don't think of it as a trick. I think of it as more of a "soul", if you will. Anakin/Vader have just one soul. Since Anakin was prepared to die, he COULD become one with the force, which I think Qui-Gon couldn't b/c he wasn't ready. Sorry if I am using too many religious metaphors. Maybe you don't have too disappear to enter a "spirit body?" If true, Anakin wouldn't have had to disappear for Luke to see his "spirit body."

Old Post Aug 4th, 2001 10:00 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It is known in fandom as the Disappearing/Ghost trick.

And you shouldn;t be asking or saying why QGJ didn't do it; you ask why Obi-Wan and the others COULD. That is the way around it is.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 4th, 2001 10:03 PM
yerssot

I find it funny that you can see Annakin at the end of ROTJ as a ghost, but he has his 2 arms, no metal anywhere. So, guess, dissapearing heals a Jedi, right? smile

Old Post Aug 6th, 2001 09:14 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think the point is that he appared in ghost form how he WANTED to look; that is, how he would have been at that age if he had not been the corrupted being that was Vader.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 6th, 2001 09:16 PM
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

I totally agree with that. big grin

Old Post Aug 7th, 2001 01:49 PM
finti

Well as Anakin he was pure. Vader was evil, guess the pure one wins the ghost part.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2001 07:59 PM
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

how is anakin pure, there must of been some evil in him to turn to the darkside in the first place.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2001 12:02 AM
Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Now, that is true. But then, so do all people. I think the point was clear; Anakin was a good man, Vader was a bad (if you care to distinguish so much between the two); the spirit was of Anakin.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 8th, 2001 12:09 AM