KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Best Battle

What is the best Star Wars Battle?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Battle of Yavin 1 5.26%
The Battle of Hoth 5 26.32%
The Battle of Endor 3 15.79%
The Battle of Naboo 10 52.63%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Best Battle
Started by: KJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KJ
Sausages

Best Battle

What is the best Star Wars battle?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2001 05:51 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Getting a sense of deja vu here, KJ...

I hate to chose between some of these. In the end, I go with Yavin, narrowly beating Hoth. Yavin had all the suspense needed, the arrival of the Millenium Falcon is a genuine surprise (NOT because it is a plot point you would never consider but simply because the scene so successfully makes you forget all about Han as you watch the action), the music is perfect, and it also showed that the battles don;t havew to be enormous to be great. And the set-up that is the Trench Seuqnce is great.

Hoth is also bloody good, of course, and it's nice when the bad guys win, but it still doesn;t QUITE give me the same emtional buzz of Yavin.

Endor was too ridiculously one-sided with the Rebels being ridiculously successful and it is also badly intercut with ither scenes; I'm not ahuge Ewok fan, either.

Naboo is a technical triumph, of course, but the space battle was just filler, really. The TF/Gungan battle was impressive enough (and again, the good guys had the deceny to lose), but again the jumbled intercut nature of the whole thing put me off; get back to the sabre fight, nagdammit!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 15th, 2001 06:18 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

laughing out loud I forgot you've seen this before.

I went for Naboo simply because it's the newest and the one I watch most just now. Although for adrenalin and sheer buzz you can't beat Yavin.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2001 06:27 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

Yavin definitely gets mu adrenaline going, but I absolutely love the Endor space battle. Besides, I have always liked the Ewoks, and ROTJ has my favorite lightsaber battle in it. smile

Old Post Aug 15th, 2001 07:08 PM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Cool

I would have to go with the battle of Hoth. Simply because of the AT-AT's they way those scenes of them either falling or being blown to bits was just magic. I also loved the way that Lucas had to do bluescreen magic with the white snow. The battle of Yavin is a very close second. I loved the suspense of the whole thing. When all the rebels except Luke were either taken out or had extensive damage I always just wait for the scene where Han and Chewy show up. I agree with the point of the scenes in TPM and ROTJ were to jumbled up. BRING ON THE LIGHTSABRES! wink

Old Post Aug 16th, 2001 02:59 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I agree with Lance, the Battle of Hoth was the best! Not only that, but everytime I watch it, I get reminded of Christmas time, dont know why, maybe the snow has something to do with it. big grin

Old Post Aug 16th, 2001 05:20 AM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

Yeh, all of my Christmas's involve getting attacked by AT-AT's too. laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 16th, 2001 02:12 PM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

That is nothing! But al those Ewoks eat A LOT!!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2001 02:30 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

True... confused

Old Post Aug 16th, 2001 02:43 PM
Ratcat

Hoth rules.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2001 10:35 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

But the Rebels lose the battle.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2001 11:06 PM
Ratcat

But it was an awesome battle.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2001 11:23 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

So what that the Rebels lose the battle? If anything that made it better.

Heck, no-one else for Yavin yet? Boo-hoo...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 18th, 2001 12:21 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I think a lot of people like the ground, lightsabre, space battle thing.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2001 04:23 PM
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

Yep. I liked that in TPM, too. However, I think that three parallel scenes is the maximum. Four seemed a little too jumpy.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2001 07:29 PM
LanceWindu

TPM fight scenes were a little too jumpy going back and forth don't you agree?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2001 09:31 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Until someone said a similar thing to me about 6 bmonths ago I had never thought about it, then it worried me for a while, but I'm happy with how they go.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2001 10:28 PM
yerssot

Jumpy? do you mean the end with dual of the fates, battle of naboo and the airbattle?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 09:40 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I think that was what was meant, to many inter-cuts. I personally didn't think so.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 11:13 AM
yerssot

I think that they didn't had to interfere with Dual of the Fates; that was some heavy sh*t

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 01:49 PM