KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » New Episode 1 Script...

New Episode 1 Script...
Started by: Ken Kenobi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

New Episode 1 Script...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2001 05:26 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Tell me what you think.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2001 05:28 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Lame, ina word.

Shows a total misundersatnding of the OB1/QGJ relationship...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2001 08:01 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

He doesn't understand TPM I think

Old Post Aug 24th, 2001 10:21 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Why dod people bother with this rubbish? If Lucas didn't write the story then it's not Star Wars. This guy just doesn't get it.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2001 05:30 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

So are you saying that the authors that do the EU books are all writing rubbish? Cause they are not GL.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 09:36 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Not rubbish, but I wouldn't necessarily be hostile to the opinion that they are not true Star Wars...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 10:59 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Exactly. I'm sure they are good books, but they aren't Star Wars. Just the same as if you wrote a story and posted it on the net. It might be set in the SW galaxy but it's not SW because Lucas didn't right it.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 08:42 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Lucas doesn't necissarily have to write Star Wars to be just as good as the other movies.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 09:29 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And again I agree, but that still doesn't make it true Star Wars (and on a personal note, I hev never found a non-GL Star Wars work that I liked as much as the films)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 10:27 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Being as good as the movies and being true Star Wars are two completely different points.

I don't think anyone would, or indeed could, argue that the novels are enything more than an interpretation of GL's vision.

Why do you think it's called the EXPANDED Universe.....?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 10:33 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Nevertheless I love reading the EU books.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 04:35 AM
yerssot

I don't like EU:
there is only one book that isn't so and that is the trilogy of Zahn.
In all the others there is always a superweapon or a lost Jedi.
That superweapon is just a modified DS and the lost Jedi can't be there because the Sith are always with 2 and OB1 said that Luke was their only hope, and than Yoda talked about Leia. You can't turn Jedi in one day

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 07:14 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Whatever. I'll keep reading the books and you can go on doing what you want.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 07:37 AM
KJ
Sausages

I've tried reading them, but I think they are too much like Star Trek.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 02:57 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I don;t think you are QUITE being fair there, Yerssot. While many of the EU books have been stuc; with unecessary power trumping (returned Emperors, cloned Lukes, even more superweaons), plenty stand out fine as stories on their own merit.

But still not QUITE proper Star Wars; in fact some of them are quite a long way away from it. Though I would sumbit that it would be entirely impractical to force writers to try and duplicate GL's vision; as RC says, these are interpretations, not copies.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 10:31 PM
LanceWindu

The Star Wars books can't be anything like Star Trek books.
ST Books suck. They are too fake.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 06:43 AM
yerssot

I have 3-4 sw books and they ALL have a superweapon in it, THAT is already done in ANH and ROTJ!!!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 12:06 PM
KJ
Sausages

quote:
The Star Wars books can't be anything like Star Trek books

I never said they were like ST books, I said they were like ST.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 04:26 PM
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

I have about 65 SW books, and all but 3 of them rock. I will admit that they are not the most intellectually stimulating books I own, but they do get my imagination running and it was reading Heirs to the Empire about 7 years ago that got me reinterested in SW.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 07:13 PM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote