KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Jedi Mind Tricks

Jedi Mind Tricks
Started by: Ken Kenobi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

Jedi Mind Tricks

How come in TPM when Qui-Gon is trying to use mind tricks on Watto, he doesn't know mind trick don't work on Toydarians? Since Qui-Gon is a Jedi Master he should know which species he can use his "magic" on. Right?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 10:13 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's a VERY big Galaxy. Even Qui-Gon hasn't seen EVERYTHING. Remember how amusing he finds Anakin's question 'Has anyone ever been to them all?', asking about the stars.

'Not likely!' replies Qui-Gon, at such a question.

There are countless planets and races out there, and there is only so much you can know.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 10:32 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Take an example closer to home, how much do you know about the tribes of africa or the religious practices of Eskimos?

Shouldn't you know these, you live on the samne planet after all.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 10:35 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Yousa point is well seen

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 11:26 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

Besides, Tatooine isn't exactly the place that you visit often. wink

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 02:53 AM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

AND I think that Watto is the only Toydarian on Tatooine. You can't know everything

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 07:16 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

But the Jedi have a huge database full of the species and of individual people. The database travels back thousands of years.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 07:28 AM
yerssot

So?
I have a large library at home, but do you think that I know every book of it?

btw:
"Whatta think you are? A Jedi with your hand waving around like that? I'm a Toydorian! Mindtricks don't work with me, only money."

You can say that HE is imune and the other Toydorians not. Mindtricks don't work on my species.
That would say that he and others are imune. He doesn't say that

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 10:29 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Possibly, but that is over-extrapolation. The presented scenario is that Toydarians are immune.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Yeah

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 06:47 AM
yerssot

There are thousands of species, they could know that but what I know is thatt QGJ is a human with a limited amount of 'capacity'.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 12:03 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

George Lucas has a way of dealing with script flaws like this: he just says "oh, it'll be explained later."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 04:23 AM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I don't think ot needs to be. I believe Wattos "Mind tricks don't work on me." statement says it all. Toydarians, like Hutts, are immune to the Jedi mind trick.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 06:30 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

There are a lot of things that people don't know, like ysalamari, that took them years to find out.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 03:07 PM
Tex
Yumsz

No Excuse, Qui-Gon should of studied more about different aliens in Jedi School roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 28th, 2001 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Do you know how much aliens there are in the SW gal???
You can't know everything about them

Old Post Sep 29th, 2001 11:15 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

In TPM, Qui-Gon used minds tricks to fool Boss Nass into giving them a ship and Jar Jar. Then why did he tell Obi-wan that they couldn't use mind tricks to persuade the Gungans to fight at the end?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2001 03:55 AM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I don't know were this is said confused confused confused

Old Post Oct 1st, 2001 07:33 AM
Ratcat

That's total BS, it was never said. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 1st, 2001 08:43 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

He said that 'we cannot use our powers to help'

I assumed that this means they could not use their mind powers to convince Boss Nass to help them.

This may be because that Qui-Gon had no authority to draw someone else into the war like that, or because Amidala had asked him not to.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 1st, 2001 05:26 PM