KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Admiral Piett

Admiral Piett
Started by: Dirty Vader

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dirty Vader

Miffed Admiral Piett

Piett captain of the Executor is promoted straightly to Admiral in ESB (despite jumping a few ranks like the Vice Admiral rank). His rank insignia use to have 3 red bars on 3 blue bars, it now has 6 red bars on 6 blue bars. In ROTJ, when we briefly see him ordering his star destroyers to hold, he only has 3 red bars on 3 ble bars.
It is not said on any source that he has been demoted in ROTJ, but that he has kept his admiral rank. Whats is all this about?

Looking at a site for rank isignias, I saw that he was captain, then got promoted to Fleet Admiral (commander of death squadron fleet) and then demoted back to captain.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post May 8th, 2004 06:55 PM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

you pay attention to that? messed

Old Post May 8th, 2004 06:59 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Regardless of what his rank was, he was a pretty shitty admiral.

I'm a signature!

Old Post May 8th, 2004 07:20 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
QX100
Shadowtrooper

General Veer would be an excellent Admiral

Old Post May 8th, 2004 10:48 PM
Click here to Send QX100 a Private Message Find more posts by QX100 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jerico
Generic Badguy

Actually that is a blooper in all of ROTJ all of the imperial officers have the exact same insignia.

Also General Veer's wouldent make an excellent Admiral considering he was an Army officer trained and experienced in ground operations, with a small knowledge of what a starship could and couldent do most likely

Old Post May 10th, 2004 04:34 PM
Click here to Send Jerico a Private Message Find more posts by Jerico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Jerico took the words right out of my mouth.

While General Veers is the most competent non-force-using Imperial officer we meet in the movies, he is in charge of ground forces, which uses very different combat techniques. Plus, taking the Hoth base with half a dozen AT-AT's or so wasn't as much good tactics as it was overkill.

I'm a signature!

Old Post May 10th, 2004 05:57 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havok

Piett was a great Admrial though i wish he didn't die at least he went down in a blaze of glory.(unlike a certin General who shall not be named*cough*Veers*cough*

Old Post May 16th, 2004 02:55 PM
Click here to Send Havok a Private Message Find more posts by Havok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Admiral piett was never demoted the medal mistake was made by the costume department by the time it was noticed there was no time to reshoot

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 02:20 PM
Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Some of u people are nice others are not but still be happy the truth is was the best admiral the empire ever had. but people never mention Moff Jerajod (or somthing similar) he was the commander of the second deathstar famous for saying " the emperors coming here" he must have been a good admiral dont you think?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 02:37 PM
Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

when i said the truth is i was refering to Piett in the prvious message

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 02:38 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

General Grievous would make a good Admiral, heh.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:44 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clai Keboa
Arashikage

How did Veers die then??

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 03:00 PM
Click here to Send Clai Keboa a Private Message Find more posts by Clai Keboa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedijunky1138
Dark Lord of The Sleepy

Jerjerard was not a Moff.

I recognized your foul stench when I was brought onboard.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 03:22 PM
Click here to Send jedijunky1138 a Private Message Find more posts by jedijunky1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

Are you sure of that? I could swear I saw his name listed as that in the credits, I think I've heard him being refered to as Moff Jerihod in the EU... I must go check the credits...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 04:06 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Jerajad was a Moff read the cridits you lightweight starwars fan

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 01:14 PM
Jerico
Generic Badguy

Veers didn't die did he?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 01:45 PM
Click here to Send Jerico a Private Message Find more posts by Jerico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

No he just didnt get back on the stardestroyer,you see him in line when vader boards the ship at the end ESB

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 02:26 PM
Spearhead
Prophet

quote:
Originally posted by Clai Keboa
How did Veers die then??

he died in EU, i believe...however, considering that the authors said he lost his legs in the battle of hoth, and it's clear he didn't, that isn't official whatsoever...

I'm a signature!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 10:10 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

quote:
Originally posted by §pearhead
he died in EU, i believe...however, considering that the authors said he lost his legs in the battle of hoth, and it's clear he didn't, that isn't official whatsoever...

Maybe it was a phrase they used when their AT-AT was brought down.

"He lost his legs.........then it blew up with a couple of shots from a piddling little snowspeeder, even though ten seconds earlier no laser could make a mark on it"

Something like that?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 10:06 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

er...Veers's AT-AT isn't brought down blink the second he hits the generator, the Rebels withdraw

I'm a signature!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 12:26 AM