KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Dash Rendar in ANH!!!

Dash Rendar in ANH!!!
Started by: Clai Keboa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Clai Keboa
Arashikage

Dash Rendar in ANH!!!

Hi all, has anyone seen this?

"The Outrider is briefly glimpsed taking off from Mos Eisley in new footage added to the Special Edition of A New Hope."

Is this true? - i cannot remember such a thing

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 01:35 PM
Click here to Send Clai Keboa a Private Message Find more posts by Clai Keboa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

What did the Outrider look like again?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 01:54 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

A mix between the Falcon and the Ebon Hawk.

Attachment: outrider.jpg
This has been downloaded 202 time(s).

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

I heard this when the SE's originally came out. I think the cgi model they made was the same style ship as the Outrider, but you can't tell because it's really small and in the distance, like the tie and x-wing in the coruscant traffic in AOTC. ILM's always hiding little in-jokes in there.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:55 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

quote:
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
I heard this when the SE's originally came out. I think the cgi model they made was the same style ship as the Outrider, but you can't tell because it's really small and in the distance, like the tie and x-wing in the coruscant traffic in AOTC. ILM's always hiding little in-jokes in there.

I still haven't managed to find the TIE's and X-Wings in the traffic.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I still haven't managed to find the TIE's and X-Wings in the traffic.

Yeah, same here, I 've played it over and paused it time and time again, but have yet to see it.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 08:33 PM
Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

The outrider is the only ship actually taking off in the Mos Eisely tatooine scene. It's pretty prominent if you look out for it.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 09:11 PM
Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

pics?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 09:14 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I always wondered about the TIE and X-Wing on Coruscant, too, but then I realized, you can only see it in the WIDESCREEN version of AOTC. Is that your problem?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 09:22 PM
Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

No, I have the DVDs

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 09:33 PM
waynerobsonuk
Death Star Programmer

screen caputures of the xwing and ties anyone?? Never been able to find these myself (managed to find just about everything else....lol would be nice to complete the set)

Wayne...

www.DashDotSlash.net

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 09:52 PM
Click here to Send waynerobsonuk a Private Message Find more posts by waynerobsonuk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

Here are some outrider caps. You can clearly see it traveling across the screen. It's shape is pretty clearly defined.

(please log in to view the image)

EDIT: Sorry when I got teh caps not to speciy where the ship was, and everything, and the pics aren't in order, but you get the idea, right?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 02:04 AM
Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galaxy Ghost
quick and easy death

i see it

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 03:57 AM
Click here to Send Galaxy Ghost a Private Message Find more posts by Galaxy Ghost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Ha, awesome.

Now for the TIE and X-Wings in AOTC - anybody?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 01:00 PM
mephistodesigns

there in the part where ani drops out of the speeder, on the way down, I think, I'll go check. I know where its supposed to be, but it's impossible to see. most of the traffic is too small or in silohette. I don't think anyone was meant to see it. They just thought it would be funny at ILM.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 04:09 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Then whats the point?

What is it with George Lucas/ILM and being utterly "pointless" these days?

If you could point it out then it'd be appreciated.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 04:44 PM
rogue21579
Fellow Star Wars Fan

If you listen to the commentary for Attack of the Clones while you watch the chase through Coruscant. They tell you where it is... I am not sure if you need the letterbox versions though...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 05:29 PM
Click here to Send rogue21579 a Private Message Find more posts by rogue21579 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I just watched that sequence on my DVD and I finaly saw the TIE's, couldn't say I saw the X-wing though.

EDIT: Wait now I see the X-wing as well. I'll take a screenshot (beware that I don't have th best photo programs).

Last edited by Morridini on Oct 20th, 2004 at 05:43 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 05:39 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

So is the quality good enough to actualy see the X-wing and the TIE's?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 05:48 PM
mephistodesigns

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Then whats the point?

What is it with George Lucas/ILM and being utterly "pointless" these days?

If you could point it out then it'd be appreciated.

Why is that pointless? People have been putting in jokes in films for years, with the addition of commentaries and special features we're now being let in on these jokes. If a cg animator thought it was funny, oh well. He thinks its funny. What could possibly be the point of putting a tie or x-wing in traffic that's going to be too small for the viewer to see anyway? why? because the people in the office can laugh at it. Comic Artist Ed McGuiness hides batman logos in the shadows on batman when he draws him, no one realized it until he pointed it out in an interview. Its just something fun for the artist, you're way of personalizing something with your humor. That's it.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 05:52 AM