KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » ? about ROTJ

? about ROTJ
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

? about ROTJ

When Palpatine was trying to lure Luke to the dark side he was telling him to take his Jedi weapon and strike me down with it and your journey to the dark side will be complete.

Well when Luke grabbed it and was going to kill Palpatine Vader stopped him. Why did Vader stop Luke from killing Palpatine?

Was Vader actually trying to help Palpatine or to save Luke from turning to the darkside?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 01:36 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jayd265
Cajun Jedi

wow, good question. i would think save luke from turning but i dunno

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 05:23 AM
Click here to Send Jayd265 a Private Message Find more posts by Jayd265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gentmax

Well, we know that Palpatine had a major in psychologic manipulation, and he knew that Vader would protect him, so I believe Palps was just feeding the anger and hate, thinking that Luke only needed just to take a few steps toward the dark side, and he would be totally turned. As we know, though, Luke may not be as powerful as Vader, he did have a ton more discipline, and so the emperor ultimately failed.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 01:09 PM
Click here to Send gentmax a Private Message Find more posts by gentmax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mossman

You don't understand, Vader must obey his master...

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 01:14 PM
Click here to Send mossman a Private Message Find more posts by mossman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Hmmmm are you sure that was in the movie? never noticed that.I just always assumed that Luke decided to do the right thin in not strike him down knowing he would be seduced. confused

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 03:17 PM
Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thornbane
Darth Thornbane

Vader was clearly protecting his "master"

He had conflict in him, but it wasn't until seeing his whine like a wuss that he committed his selfless act.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 10:35 PM
Click here to Send Thornbane a Private Message Find more posts by Thornbane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Vader needed Palpatine if he was to turn Luke to the Dark Side...

Palpatine: "Only together can we turn him..."

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 01:20 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Follower
Dark Side Disciple

It is odd.... Ya see, Palpatine wanted Luke to rplace Vader and Vader wanted Luke so they could destroy Palpatine. The whole thing makes no sense.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 01:25 PM
Click here to Send Sith Follower a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Follower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

I was also wondering, where was Luke hiding during the part where Vader discovers that Luke has a twin sister? I mean they show Vader walking around looking for him, then all of a sudden Luke is right out in the open, seemingly coming from nowhere.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 04:49 PM
Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I thought he was near the staires, though never payed much detail to it

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 05:03 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ccoo

Palpatine is very calculating, and until Vader threw him to his death he was always right. Remember Luke said, "Your overconfidence is your weakness!"

Throughout The Star Wars Saga, Palpatine would always say, "Everything is proceeding as I planned" He would bait Anakin in the prequels, and knew in the end Anakin would turn. He thought he could turn Luke in ROTJ, and if he didn't, Vader would have his back. Everything went as planned until Vader finally killed him to save his son. In the end Luke was right.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 06:32 PM
Click here to Send ccoo a Private Message Find more posts by ccoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote