KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » carrie fisher and 1138 on smallville

carrie fisher and 1138 on smallville
Started by: darthmaul1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1

carrie fisher and 1138 on smallville

Carrie Fisher was on smallville last night and one of Lex's plans was numbered 1138. Is that because Carrie was in the episode?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 03:01 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smoker Stevens
Marihuana Smuggler

Yes

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 03:12 PM
Click here to Send Smoker Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Smoker Stevens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

What's 1138?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 02:24 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

It's probably the cell number where Leia was locked in or something.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 04:42 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

No, she was locked in 2187 - taken from a favourite short film of George Lucas; it was made by The National Film Board Of Canada.
1138; as in THX-1138 - Lucas debut film?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 04:53 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

THX-1138 was Lucas's first movie, very much 1984-esque. THX-1138 was the 'name' of a person in the movie who falls in love which is illegal, and they hunt him down, but he escapes.

All of the Star Wars movies make reference to it.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 03:07 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Yes; in ANH, Luke as a Stormtrooper says Chewbacca is a prison transfer from cell block 1138.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 05:29 AM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

When I played Galacic Battlegrounds, and you click on a stormtrooper, one of the phrases he utters is: "THX-1138 ready, sir."

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 10:23 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirk Jade
Derk Jade the Dark Jedi

The Word Wookie was first used in THX-1138... Put the subtitles on "I think it hit a wookie" "go check it out then"

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 01:11 AM
Click here to Send Dirk Jade a Private Message Find more posts by Dirk Jade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote