KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » brother and sister?= bad idea

brother and sister?= bad idea
Started by: koreanknight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
koreanknight

brother and sister?= bad idea

i think it would have been better if luke was the only child instead of there being twins. because then it would mean more pressure with luke, that he is the ONLY HOPE ya knoe?

....also that could also mean luke and leia could ve have fallen in love instead of han and leia

and it would be kinda the same story happening in the prequels
anakin and padme and obi wan a friend
luke and leia and han solo a friend

doesnt it make sense?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2001 03:13 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Yeah, I always wished that Luke would have been the only Skywalker child. It almost seemed that it wasn't too bad if he failed cause Leia was there just in case. To me Luke was the only hope. And while on the subject, I have always been upset that the authors of the EU never made Leia a Jedi. She is a Skywalker and should be a Jedi.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Mar 18th, 2001 04:14 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthBorgie

this has nothing to do with Ep.II

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 03:54 AM
Click here to Send DarthBorgie a Private Message Find more posts by DarthBorgie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

She is learning to be a Jedi in the Thraw trilogy though. But Borgie is right.

I thought it wasn't GL's best move to resolve the trilogy. I mean, the entire saga was about Luke's father. And there pops up another family member. I accepte it but it wasn't very elegant.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 02:15 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

I HATED Leia being Luke's sister. Luke should have been the ONLY possible hope, of defeating Vader & the Emporer and saving the galaxy. I don't like my heroes sharing the spotlight with anybody. Vader and Luke being father and son was a totally one on one thing. Evil vs. Good. I thought throwing Leia in there really skewered that one. sad

Old Post Mar 24th, 2001 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

GL was just patching up the holes in his story. Maybe OB1 turns out to be Anakin's cousin. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 04:19 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Now its starting to sound like spaceballs. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 07:29 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Darth's thoughts on the whole thing weren't really clear, were they? He spends all that time probing her in ANH and doesn't notice. Good job they didn't do a DNA profile on her...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 07:33 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Yeah, that scene frustrates the heck out of me. Vader couldn't sense that was his daughter ? George has yet to fill the hole on that one.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 08:29 AM
JediOasis
Better Man

Well, maybe he just noticed she was strong in the Force, but thought nothing of it and never said anything. Plus, Luke had a little bit of training, a very little bit, the first time Vader "felt" him, that could have had something to do with it.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 10:51 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yes, I can dig that. Perhaps the Force doesn't manifest itself until the user starts using it. But then, didn't novels and TPM say that both Luke and Anakin used it without realising that it was the Force?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 03:03 AM
DarthBorgie

Anakin implies he does by saying that he is the only human that can pod race. I don't know about Luke though...

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 03:38 AM
Click here to Send DarthBorgie a Private Message Find more posts by DarthBorgie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The assumption is that Luke's early piloting skills came from the Force.

However, huis early meeting with Leia aside, which is odd but not downright ridiculous, the sensing thing is ok. Vader only senses Luke because he is actively lookuing for him- and I would reckon it was the name that let him twig onto the slight possibility that they were related...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 04:42 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

That's not entirely true, Ush. Vader sensed Luke during the Death Star Trench run. ("The Force is strong with this one.")

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 02:15 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's just a term for good fortune, surely?

BtVS

Old Post Mar 27th, 2001 01:04 AM
queeq
Chaos

You think? I don't. Vader was on Luke's tail and he sensed it. Maybe it was because of OB1's presence, but I'm quite sure it was about Luke's force sensitivity.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2001 01:39 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

I agree with queeq..(did I say that again ?) Vader was sensing Luke in the DS trench. It was the same time Luke was using the force to target the reactor shaft. I've heard some people say that was the moment they knew about the father/son relationship.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2001 05:34 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I don't think he was using the Force in any way that could be sensed to hit the shaft; he was using his Force-based gift of incredible instinct.I'm pretty sure Vader says "The Force is Strong with this one" in the same way we would say "This one is a tricky bugger, eh?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 28th, 2001 12:59 AM
Zareil

In terms of Leia in case anyone wanted to know Leia was a jedi by the point of Dark Empire II and along side Luke slew the returned emperor. Besides that, I actually shall stand against the common man in that I quite like that Han got the girl even if it does mean he at some point may be forced to settle down. Luke on the other hand as already been highlighted in other chats as a bit of a nancy boy. Not that I'm claiming he has strange proclivities, but none the less I'm happier for Han than I would be for Luke. As for the galaxy wuld you truly trust the whole galaxies fate to one person? personnaly I think the other who helpedsave it anyway was Anakin or vader given if it wasn't for him Luke would never have seen the end of the Emperor, though in fairness he may have been blown up, though no actualy I'll hold to my point. As much as I liked Tarkin I believe the Emperor would have had more balls to get the shutle and be out of there when he sensed danger..

Old Post Mar 28th, 2001 02:42 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Careful, Zareil, they really like Luke around here...

BtVS

Old Post Mar 28th, 2001 03:01 AM