KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » This is how the DVDs are going to look

This is how the DVDs are going to look
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

This is how the DVDs are going to look

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 08:15 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Love the old artwork for the menus... thumb up

Though, rumour has it that all the menus are completely static... which is pretty damn lame. You know, on second thought, maybe I'll hold off on buying these and wait for the 30th Anniversary edition next year said to include all the bonus features they held back for the '04 releases... hopefully they'll include the OOT versions as well.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#082406

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 09:40 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

Please, please, nobody buy this set...he has to learn his lesson...he must realize that we aren't pathetic losers who will snatch up any old versions of Star Wars he throws out at us.

Boycott George!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 11:07 PM
Click here to Send EPIIIBITES a Private Message Find more posts by EPIIIBITES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
he must realize that we aren't pathetic losers who will snatch up any old versions of Star Wars he throws out at us.
... except that we are...

Can't blame the dude for wanting to make money... I'd even suggest that 90% of the decision to release these things isn't even his.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 11:12 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EjkoUSC

Lucas for sure didn't want this release. I was up their new offices in San Fran a month ago and my friend is Director of development. Lucas was confronted with pressure from VP Jim Ward to do this release. Not that Lucas so easily succumbs to pressure (hence the wait) the guy isn't deaf either. He understands the desire from fans. And of course it will make him more money. But Lucas did not initiate this. Sans advice from his partners, Lucas totally wants the old versions buried because (I feel) that for future generations he doesnt want them to get confused over which versions of his movies to watch.

Think of it as an essay or a script or a novel you are writing. Do you want people to read the (sloppy) first draft or the pristine final draft? Lucas sees his films the exact same way. He wants his legacy to be the drafts of the film he is happiest with.

So if you want to blame anyone, blame Jim Ward for trying to sucker us. But yeah, good call on waiting for the 30th anniversary release (which will probably be released on HDDVD or Blue-Ray in a very economic 6 disc set jam packed with every extra possible.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 12:59 AM
Click here to Send EjkoUSC a Private Message Find more posts by EjkoUSC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

You fans wanted it for ages now u complain !

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 10:00 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vador_2444

hello guys, could someone scan every artwork of every dvd in high definition to make nice wallpapers like those one :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...o_2444/ROTJ.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/neo_2444/ESB.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/neo_2444/ANH.jpg

That would be much apreciated ! thanks everyone !!!!!!!!! big grin

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 08:02 PM
Click here to Send vador_2444 a Private Message Find more posts by vador_2444 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Sure, we'll get right on it. no expression

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 08:52 PM
Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vador_2444

really ? you could do that for me ? well i don't know how to thank you... smile i can't wait !

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 10:27 PM
Click here to Send vador_2444 a Private Message Find more posts by vador_2444 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

I'm sure you can. stick out tongue

And you will, believe me.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 04:22 PM
Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote