KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » why is star wars expensive?

why is star wars expensive?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

why is star wars expensive?

Everything that is star wars is expensive toys , dvds, books etc I mean TPM came out ten years ago and its still £14.99

Sir Alan Suger has more money then you George Lucus !!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 06:01 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Re: why is star wars expensive?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies
Everything that is star wars is expensive toys , dvds, books etc I mean TPM came out ten years ago and its still £14.99

You don't have to buy it...

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 07:12 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

Shocked Re: Re: why is star wars expensive?

Originally posted by sweersa
You don't have to buy it...

Then what helps thee?

Steal it?

We MUST have every SW item out there. That is a fact. sad

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 09:11 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Re: Re: Re: why is star wars expensive?

Originally posted by Sesse
Then what helps thee?

Steal it?

We MUST have every SW item out there. That is a fact. sad

You can get relitively cheap Star Wars merchandise at toy/collectibles shows. Even some Antique malls have Star Wars merchandise 5 years or older, which are usually much cheaper than newer items or retail. I buy near mint sealed Star Wars action figures from the 1990s (my personal favorite for the action figures because I grew up at this time) for under five dollars a piece.

Ebay may also be a good alternative, but I am not that familiar with it so who knows.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 10:31 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: why is star wars expensive?

Originally posted by coolmovies

Spell the man's name right or I'm gonna shove that extra U in your left nostril. It's not that hard of a name.

Anyways, if you know nerds and parents are gonna buy your stuff, may as well jack up the prices.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 12:54 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

heres what helps. Torrent most comics/songs/movie files. Its cheap, and it is revenge on Lucas for TPM.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 04:45 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

the most expensive thing for myself is the vintage figures
ive bought up all the ones under £30 and now im on the last 17
your talking £90 for some

my most expensive single SW purchases have been the SW Chronicles in 96 for £100 and a replica Stormtrooper Helmet

the dvds are £6 in HMV regulary and the new figures are quite cheap in FP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 11:42 AM
Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Alan Sugar... The Apprentice is about to end.... sad

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 03:38 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I will miss The Apprentice

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 03:50 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

i think palpatine should have taken a leaf out of Sugars book when finding his apprentices

"Count Dooku you made a cock up there when he decapitated you didnt you"
YOURE FIRED!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 04:56 PM
Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

You're an absolute disaster... a complete shambles. Dooku, you're fired.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 06:38 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

*fart*

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 08:57 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by vintageSW77
the most expensive thing for myself is the vintage figures
ive bought up all the ones under £30 and now im on the last 17
your talking £90 for some

my most expensive single SW purchases have been the SW Chronicles in 96 for £100 and a replica Stormtrooper Helmet

the dvds are £6 in HMV regulary and the new figures are quite cheap in FP

Loose and complete vintage figures that I purchase in the States are usually around 5-10 dollars depending on the figure. (Very good to mint condition.)

The carded figures in good to near mint condition usually cost 30 plus depending on the figure. I own 5 carder sealed vintage figures, they were less popular figures, so they were not very expensive compared to the more rare or most desired ones.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 10:51 PM
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

The majority of carded figures go for well over £100 and the majority of the last 17 are way higher than that.
The cheapest carded figures ive seen out and about was the Bespin Security Guard for £30 and Endor Han for £40.
I think the most expensive was Yak Face on mint card with the coin going for over £1000
As for the last 17 loose mint and complete your talking £30 up to £90 uncarded.

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Jun 5th, 2008 at 07:20 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 07:16 AM
coolmovies

the dvds never come down in price . The Limited E's where £23 each in HMV

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 11:57 AM
sweersa

Originally posted by vintageSW77
The majority of carded figures go for well over £100 and the majority of the last 17 are way higher than that.
The cheapest carded figures ive seen out and about was the Bespin Security Guard for £30 and Endor Han for £40.
I think the most expensive was Yak Face on mint card with the coin going for over £1000
As for the last 17 loose mint and complete your talking £30 up to £90 uncarded.

Yes, I could only afford Yak Face if the seller had no idea what they had! I have two of each of the AT-AT Commander and the Imperial Commander on card, in near mint condition. The only fault is the bubble is slightly yellowed. The man who sold them must have found an old kenner box of them or something because he only had those two figure, and you could tell they were stacked or stored for a while.

I think the most valuable carded vintage figure is the Vinyl cape jawa. Expect to fork over around six grand for one of those! (Depending on condition)

What exactly are the last 17 figures?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 03:19 PM
queeq
Chaos

Expensive toys.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 05:10 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

I got an actual metal C-3PO that is coloured gold an' kinda shiny unlike tha' crap produced now! smile And I got the Radio Drama scripts for A New Hope (back then, just called - Star Wars) and The Empire Strikes Back but I couldnt get Return of the Jedi. sad I got the Darth Vader '500th' Figure too.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 05:52 PM
Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Bet you're broke now.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 06:16 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Nope, the C-3PO was sold by Oxfam for 10 euro. The Radio dramas were 5 euro each from the local second hand bookshop. The Darth Vader cost £20 in England and I picked up a boxed Star Wars: Rogue Squadron game for the N64 for £30 and... this broke me... I spent £150-200 on The Star Wars Vault. Oh and I found a book called Empire Building: The real life story of Star Wars by Garry Jenkins, it cost 1 euro but it worth more, loads more big grin.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 07:34 PM
Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote