KMC Forums

 
  REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!
 
 
Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Which films do you like more than Star Wars?


Which films do you like more than Star Wars?
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Registered: Jul 2004
Location: AMERICA


 

Which films do you like more than Star Wars?

I'm a huge Star Wars fan; always have been, but I don't think it's my all-time favorite (referring to the Original Trilogy).

So, which movies do you guys like more than the OT, if any? And why?

Figured I'd test your devotion and loyalty to the trilogy evil face


__________________


"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 05:35 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Fegelien!

Registered: Jul 2005
Location:


 

I would take any one of these over any one Star Wars, any day.

Airplane
Army of Darkness
Back To The Future
Batman Begins
Borat
Braveheart
Casino
Cast Away
A Clockwork Orange
The Dark Knight
Deterrence
Dogma
Dog Day Afternoon
Donnie Darko
Dragonheart
Emperor's New Groove
Enemy At The Gates
Forrest Gump
Fight Club
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Gladiator
Goodfellas
The Good The Bad and The Ugly
The Gods Must be Crazy
A History of Violence
Hunt for Red October
Indiana Jones
Independence Day
Jurassic Park (#1)
Juno
James Bond Films
Kill Bill 1+2
Kind Hearts and Coronets
Kingdom of Heaven
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Labyrinth
The Lion in Winter
Lord of War
Maverick
The Mummy 1+2
Master and Commander
The Matrix Trilogy
Monty Python Films
Men In Black
Napoleon Dynamite
No Country for Old Men
O Brother Where Art Thou?
Pirates Of The Caribbean Trilogy
Pulp Fiction
The Princess Bride
Phone Booth
Payback
The Patriot
Pleasantville
Pink Panther Films
The Prestige
Reservoir Dogs
Shrek
Spider-Man Trilogy
The Sixth Sense
South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
Saving Private Ryan
Scary Movie (#1-3)
Snatch
Stand By Me
Starship Troopers
Silence of the Lambs
Thank You For Smoking
300
Trainspotting
3:10 to Yuma
The 13th Warrior
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Titanic
Troy
The Thomas Crown Affair
The Usual Suspects
Where Eagles Dare
Willow
X-Men Trilogy
Zulu

Though, as the OT is three movies, it's hard to place any one of these over three of them. Except of course Lord of the Rings.


__________________
Recently Produced and Distributed Young but High-Ranking Political Figure of Royal Ancestry within the Modern American Town Affectionately Referred To as Bel-Air.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 07:44 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Registered: Sep 2005
Location: Canada


 

No movies I like better than Star wars. sorry.
I rate this thread a 0 out of 100

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 08:25 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Registered: Aug 2008
Location: Coruscant


 

None


__________________

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 08:59 AM
Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Registered: Sep 2005
Location: May or may not be somewhere else.


 

I could name a few that i like as much as Star Wars in my book, but more? none.


__________________

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 12:02 PM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Registered: Apr 2008
Location: Bringing forth the apocalypse


 

Wow, Tangible. That's cold (lol).

You like Scary Movie more than Star Wars? You like Spider-Man sh!t better than Star Wars? THE MUMMY? It makes me wonder... is Star Wars really that bad?

And I like the following movies better than any of the OT:

-The Dark Knight
-Batman Begins (yeah, I'm with Tangible on these ones)
-Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
-Raiders of the Lost Ark
-Blood Diamond
-The Truman Show

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 12:19 PM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

Registered: Oct 2004
Location: On cloud 9 in 7th heaven! I didn't


 

Traitorous bastards. And really, Starship Troopers? That's probably the gayest movie ever made. Saver for gay porn, of course.

None for me. But i could name a lot i like more than the PT.


__________________

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 02:31 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Registered: Jul 2005
Location: The tardis


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tangible God
I would take any one of these over any one Star Wars, any day.

Airplane
Army of Darkness
Back To The Future
Batman Begins
Borat
Braveheart
Casino
Cast Away
A Clockwork Orange
The Dark Knight
Deterrence
Dogma
Dog Day Afternoon
Donnie Darko
Dragonheart
Emperor's New Groove
Enemy At The Gates
Forrest Gump
Fight Club
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Gladiator
Goodfellas
The Good The Bad and The Ugly
The Gods Must be Crazy
A History of Violence
Hunt for Red October
Indiana Jones
Independence Day
Jurassic Park (#1)
Juno
James Bond Films
Kill Bill 1+2
Kind Hearts and Coronets
Kingdom of Heaven
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Labyrinth
The Lion in Winter
Lord of War
Maverick
The Mummy 1+2
Master and Commander
The Matrix Trilogy
Monty Python Films
Men In Black
Napoleon Dynamite
No Country for Old Men
O Brother Where Art Thou?
Pirates Of The Caribbean Trilogy
Pulp Fiction
The Princess Bride
Phone Booth
Payback
The Patriot
Pleasantville
Pink Panther Films
The Prestige
Reservoir Dogs
Shrek
Spider-Man Trilogy
The Sixth Sense
South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
Saving Private Ryan
Scary Movie (#1-3)
Snatch
Stand By Me
Starship Troopers
Silence of the Lambs
Thank You For Smoking
300
Trainspotting
3:10 to Yuma
The 13th Warrior
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Titanic
Troy
The Thomas Crown Affair
The Usual Suspects
Where Eagles Dare
Willow
X-Men Trilogy
Zulu

Though, as the OT is three movies, it's hard to place any one of these over three of them. Except of course Lord of the Rings.


You'd rather watch x-men 3 and spider-man 3 than the OT? confused


__________________

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 02:52 PM
Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa
Senior Member

Registered: Jun 2006
Location: The United American Empire


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
That's probably the gayest movie ever made. Saver for gay porn, of course.


How would you know? Surely you should try something before you say it is no good.


__________________

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 05:00 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

Registered: Oct 2004
Location: On cloud 9 in 7th heaven! I didn't


 

Uh, logical deduction would suggest that I've seen Starship Troopers, and it sucked. And the very thought of two guys touching each other makes me sick. Hence ST is the gayest movie ever, save for gay porn.


__________________

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 05:02 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa
Senior Member

Registered: Jun 2006
Location: The United American Empire


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Uh, logical deduction would suggest that I've seen Starship Troopers, and it sucked. And the very thought of two guys touching each other makes me sick. Hence ST is the gayest movie ever, save for gay porn.


Do any guys touch each other in ST?


__________________

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 05:03 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

Registered: Oct 2004
Location: On cloud 9 in 7th heaven! I didn't


 

oh my god.... Are you serious?


__________________

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 05:11 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker
Senior Member

Registered: Sep 2003
Location: where your not.


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediRobin23
No movies I like better than Star wars. sorry.
I rate this thread a 0 out of 100


that descibes me as well at least when were talking about the first two original star wars movies,a new hope and empire strikes back.The others I can list several movies I like better than them.


__________________

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 05:32 PM
Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa
Senior Member

Registered: Jun 2006
Location: The United American Empire


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Parker
that descibes me as well at least when were talking about the first two original star wars movies,a new hope and empire strikes back.The others I can list several movies I like better than them.


Yeah, especially the amazing Spider-Man films. Hahaha.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
oh my god.... Are you serious?


lol. No there are other movies for that man...


__________________

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 06:39 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Registered: Sep 2005
Location: Canada


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Parker
that descibes me as well at least when were talking about the first two original star wars movies,a new hope and empire strikes back.The others I can list several movies I like better than them.


yeah. I'm so george Lucas brain washed that no movie is better than EP 1

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 07:19 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies
Senior Member

Registered: Jul 2006
Location: United Kingdom


 

LORD OF THE RINGS RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 08:34 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Registered: Apr 2008
Location: Bringing forth the apocalypse


 

No, it's overrated, overlong, and excruciatingly boring at times.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:06 PM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

Registered: Oct 2004
Location: On cloud 9 in 7th heaven! I didn't


 

LoTR is not that great. They steal scenes from SW. Lets see, Return of The Jedi..... Return of The King... niiice.

"I have to save you" "You already have Luke."

"I have to save you." "You already have."

Lame


__________________

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 11:41 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa
Senior Member

Registered: Jun 2006
Location: The United American Empire


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
LoTR is not that great. They steal scenes from SW. Lets see, Return of The Jedi..... Return of The King... niiice.

"I have to save you" "You already have Luke."

"I have to save you." "You already have."

Lame


If I am not mistaken, Return of the King was the name of the book that came out long before ROTJ.


__________________

Old Post Aug 10th, 2008 01:08 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

Registered: Oct 2004
Location: On cloud 9 in 7th heaven! I didn't


 

Called a joke. I know it was released in '55.

But the verbatim line (minus "Luke") still pisses me off.


__________________

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2008 05:53 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 06:55 AM.
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< Contact Us - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Forum powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.