KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » The Empire

The Empire
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

The Empire

I was wondring did the empire grow bigger even after the first death star was distroyed ?? we see more storm troopers in rotj and plans for a bigger and better death star in very little time

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 12:25 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Re: The Empire

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies
I was wondring did the empire grow bigger even after the first death star was distroyed ?? we see more storm troopers in rotj and plans for a bigger and better death star in very little time

If we were to go by the movies the Empire can't grow bigger in the size since we that it can reach the outer rim (tatooine). The Empire is the size of the old Repibic and the Separatist territories combined.

I thought it is pretty obvious the reason we see more storm troopers, we see an Imperial fleet in the latter two movies plus a bigger DS in rotj. In ANH we only see the Death Star's (not even all of the troopers on it) and a single Star Destroyer's troopers.

As for the size of the new Death Star-Bigger is Better. no expression

Last edited by Elite Hunter on Sep 3rd, 2008 at 03:14 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 03:12 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Re: Re: The Empire

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
If we were to go by the movies the Empire can't grow bigger in the size since we that it can reach the outer rim (tatooine). The Empire is the size of the old Repibic and the Separatist territories combined.

I thought it is pretty obvious the reason we see more storm troopers, we see an Imperial fleet in the latter two movies plus a bigger DS in rotj. In ANH we only see the Death Star's (not even all of the troopers on it) and a single Star Destroyer's troopers.

As for the size of the new Death Star-Bigger is Better. no expression

The environment doesn't necessarily dictate the volume of occupants...to an extent.

Just look at how the population on our earth has grown to what it is now...imagine that..but galaxy wide...and don't forget about fleets and such.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 07:17 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Re: Re: Re: The Empire

Originally posted by sweersa
The environment doesn't necessarily dictate the volume of occupants...to an extent.

Just look at how the population on our earth has grown to what it is now...imagine that..but galaxy wide...and don't forget about fleets and such.

So you really think that there is suddenly more people joining the empire after Alderan(sp)? And I didn't forget about the fleets, and stuff, I mentioned them.

The Empire didn't suddenly get a shit load of new people in it to make up the difference nor did it expand it's territory much if at all. The out of universe answer is Lucas had a bigger budget to work with,the in universe reason is we see more then just one star destroyer and the death star.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 08:38 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Empire

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
So you really think that there is suddenly more people joining the empire after Alderan(sp)? And I didn't forget about the fleets, and stuff, I mentioned them.

The Empire didn't suddenly get a shit load of new people in it to make up the difference nor did it expand it's territory much if at all. The out of universe answer is Lucas had a bigger budget to work with,the in universe reason is we see more then just one star destroyer and the death star.

People wouldn't have a choice, I am sure it would have been a join us or die thing.

Fear can be a great tool so long as you are the one being feared. The Empire could expand as much as they want...so long as their are people, they have needs, a job with the Empire would fulfill those needs. Plus the Empire has clones...they don't care about anything and they can be mass produced.

I am sure the Emperor constantly wanted more of this...and bigger of that...there is no end, espicially for a nightmare such as this.

Hahaha.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 08:43 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: The Empire

Originally posted by coolmovies
Sorry to be so mean, but I'm logging this away as the silliest question of my week.

The Empire controlled the galaxy, the only place to expand was into the Unknown Regions and they didn't. We see more troops and men in general in ESB and ROTJ because we're privy to an expanded plot and more scenery. The destruction of Alderaan and the Death Star may have booted up the Empire's conscription campaign (it was already there) but it also prompted more people to join the Rebellion.

EU aside, it's common sense in both movie-making terms, and in-Universe explanation as to why we see more people in general.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 01:11 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Re: Re: The Empire

Originally posted by Tangible God
Sorry to be so mean, but I'm logging this away as the silliest question of my week.

The Empire controlled the galaxy, the only place to expand was into the Unknown Regions and they didn't. We see more troops and men in general in ESB and ROTJ because we're privy to an expanded plot and more scenery. The destruction of Alderaan and the Death Star may have booted up the Empire's conscription campaign (it was already there) but it also prompted more people to join the Rebellion.

EU aside, it's common sense in both movie-making terms, and in-Universe explanation as to why we see more people in general.

Unknown territories...I smell EU.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 02:25 AM
Ahsoka Tano
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: The Empire

Originally posted by sweersa
I smell EU.

Just don't inhale.

Thanks TGF

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 04:37 AM
Click here to Send Ahsoka Tano a Private Message Find more posts by Ahsoka Tano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Empire

Originally posted by Ahsoka Tano
Just don't inhale.

*holds breath*

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 11:03 AM
Jack Daniels
WOW!

*farts*

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 11:12 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by Jack Daniels
*farts*

*passes out*

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 07:27 PM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

*frebreezes*

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote