KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Store Wars

Store Wars
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Store Wars

I remember when the OT first came out in 04. Stores where having a price war to get customers to buy the OT . I rememebr selling so many box sets (Tesco) i coulden't keep up lolz.

Do you remember when the OT first came out ?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 04:45 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

On VHS? Yes. wink

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 05:05 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

no dvd

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 05:48 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies
no dvd

Yeah, I managed to get my hands on a poster advertisement to reserve the OT on DVD, one stand up display advertising the set, and a large display that physically held the first wave of DVDs.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 06:54 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

cool got a pic ?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 08:22 PM
coolmovies

am talking about this one if you are confused

Attachment: hjh.jpg
This has been downloaded 84 time(s).

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 08:28 PM
queeq
Chaos

I have that one.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 09:39 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

for some stupid reason, I bought the full screen version

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 11:52 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Huh??? Why?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 07:05 AM
coolmovies

becouse the fullscreen version is a gold box. Are you guys gonna upgrade all your dvd collection to hi def ?

Last edited by coolmovies on Oct 22nd, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 10:53 AM
queeq
Chaos

Well, that's a bit much. I have over 600 DVD's. But I recently saw regular DVD via a BluRay player on a Full HD tv and they hold up pretty well. So I'll continue collecting on Blu Ray, maybe get a few films also on DVD. Like SW, Blade Runner, the Kubrick films. But not all.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 05:18 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by queeq
Huh??? Why?

Exactly

I think it had something to due with having a crappy 24" TV and didn't want to squint to see the imagine. At the time

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 11:54 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by coolmovies
cool got a pic ?

Of what ones?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 03:05 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by JediRobin23
Exactly

I think it had something to due with having a crappy 24" TV and didn't want to squint to see the imagine. At the time

Bad call, even for a 4:3 tv. hehehe

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 06:36 AM
sweersa

Bad call, even for a 4:3 tv. hehehe

At the time I was deciding between full screen and widescreen...that was before I fully understood the vast benefits of WS, thankfully that's what I ended up getting.

Not that it matters anymore, as I now have an even newer edition after that...lol

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 10:50 AM
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe.

I already preferred WS when I had a very small 15" screen: the framing is so much better in its original, intended form. Plus, a smaller screen also meant it was sharper.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 11:27 AM
sweersa

Hehehe.

I already preferred WS when I had a very small 15" screen: the framing is so much better in its original, intended form. Plus, a smaller screen also meant it was sharper.

True, WS is the way it's artist (Uncle George) intended his viewers so see it. How would we feel if we cropped the mona lisa or umm...other famous paintings I can't remember the names of? If you were to crop that Leonardo painting the first supper you wouldn't see everybody in it. It takes a lot away.

Plus, full screen's image has to be blown up resulting in a less sharp picture, as it is only 2/3 of the original area.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 07:04 PM
queeq
Chaos

Ah no... that basically depends on the scan.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 07:30 PM
sweersa

Ah no... that basically depends on the scan.

Meh, the image is still larger than it rightfully should be.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 07:47 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

What alwalys bothered me was in ANH, when Luke was looking at the banthas with his binoculars and says "I dont see any sand people.....oh wait I can see one of them now"

Now, when I first seen star wars, it was in the THX re-release and it was full screen. I had no idea what Luke was talking about for the longest time cause there was no sand person. I never understood this until I saw the widescreen cause it cuts out the walking sand person in full screen.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who was annoyed by this

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 12:05 AM