KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » The Han Solo Rescue!

The Han Solo Rescue!
Started by: FLEX HECTIC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FLEX HECTIC

The Han Solo Rescue!

I'm new here so if this topic has been covered already I'll try to catch up!

When Jabba The Hutt had Han Solo on his wall in frozen carbonite why did Luke command such a small group for his rescue?

After all Han saved the rebels from a Death Star explosion, rescued the princess on 2 separate occasions and bailed all them out of some real sticky situations!

Clearly Jabba The Hutt was an enemy to the rebel alliance when his main bounty hunter Boba Fett was walking around as part of The Darth Vader entourage on Cloud City!

The rebel alliance should have showed up in force above the sky of Jabba's palace with masses of ships ready to blow his criminal empire to bits!

Han owing him a debt is one thing but uniting with The Empire is another thing entirely!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 03:46 AM
Click here to Send FLEX HECTIC a Private Message Find more posts by FLEX HECTIC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I think they were going for stealth, not force.

And Han is still just one person.

And I don't think the Alliance have that much force in hand. I mean, Jabba is a crime lord.... I'm not sure how huge his influence is, but it must be pretty big.

And blowing Jabba to bits would be too conspicuous - they are hiding from the empire too.

Jabba could always tell the empire and have it work for him...

that's all the reasons I could think of right now...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 11:22 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
I think they were going for stealth, not force.

And Han is still just one person.

And I don't think the Alliance have that much force in hand. I mean, Jabba is a crime lord.... I'm not sure how huge his influence is, but it must be pretty big.

And blowing Jabba to bits would be too conspicuous - they are hiding from the empire too.

Jabba could always tell the empire and have it work for him...

that's all the reasons I could think of right now...

And I don't think the Rebels need another huge enemy.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 11:26 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by sweersa
And I don't think the Rebels need another huge enemy.

Right. that too.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 11:32 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

Re: The Han Solo Rescue!

I think the rebels were busy with the forthcoming attack on the second Death Star,still it wouldnt have harmed to let go 40 or so tooled up rebel troops and help everyone out.

Maybe Luke wanted to to do things the old way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 07:20 PM
Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

The rebellion is about liberty and freedom. Han Solo's capture was part of war. Luke and Leia's relationship with Han was personal. Could not let there personal relations affect the rebellion

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Jan 24th, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 10:30 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Maybe Luke and friends didn't want to risk the life of any other Rebels. If they brought in more than 12 people a few or more would be sure to die.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 02:44 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by JediRobin23
The rebellion is about liberty and freedom. Han Solo's capture was part of war. Luke and Leia's relationship with Han was personal. Could not let there personal relations affect the rebellion

agreed.

It was personal, and even if the rebellion would want to help, there are other things they also have to worry about...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 06:40 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

not only what has mentioned above, but don't forget: if they were with a lot, the empire would have noticed it and they would have gotten in a pursuit

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 09:09 AM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I kinda said that actually, but yeah.. that too.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 01:58 PM
FLEX HECTIC

Jabba The Hutt and his minions were all destroyed practically by Luke himself so he apparently wasn't that huge of an enemy except in his pants size!

Clearly a war was declared once Luke and friends infiltrated The Hutt palace so engagement in conflict was inevitable!

Luke, Leia, Lando, Chewy and those droids were all valuable to the rebel alliance!

Committing themselves to the task of freeing Han Solo from a known gangster who associated himself with The Empire was going to get ugly no matter how they went about it!

Jabbas palace should have been a sand dune parking lot after they left!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 05:35 PM
Click here to Send FLEX HECTIC a Private Message Find more posts by FLEX HECTIC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

errrr, Jabba is associating himself with the Empire? Than, why is Han smuggling for him in ANH?

James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 08:05 PM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLEX HECTIC

Han used to smuggle for Jabba before joining the Rebel Alliance!

Jabba is like you or me playing video games with Bin laden!

We can justify it as just hanging out with friends who happen to live in a cave and is wanted by many nations for war crimes!

Boba Fett openly associating with someone who proceeded to torture key Rebel Alliance members even if he was standing by in waiting is an act of war!

I don't remember Darth Vader ever threatening to leave a garrison at Jabbas palace for Boba Fett smart ass questioning his freezing Han Solo!

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 03:37 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

your reasoning has nothing but holes...

Boba Fett is a bounty hunter, they work for who-ever pays them the most at the time. The other time it's Vader.
That Vader leaves no garrison in Jabba's palace is normal. He can't afford to leave a full garisson at every place where someone thinks he can exercise a little mob-power.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 09:39 AM
FLEX HECTIC

Then Boba Fett should have caught Han Solo on his own without The Empires help or involvement!

"I don't work for Michael Corleone I was just kissing his pinky ring out of respect!"

If The Empire is the ruler of the galaxy then what position is Jabba The Hutt playing?

Organized crime on Darth Vaders watch still has to pay its' respects one way or another or get The Death Star treatment!

What phone call did VADER make to recruit these bounty hunters? Is Jabba in the yellow pages or the empire's rolodex?

I can see stormtroopers shaking down Jabba's henchmen for contraband like an episode of COPS! Unless... they were already in cahoots then that would not happen!

Guilty by association with The Emperor's main enforcer which also included an early dinner and later some torturing of rebel leaders!

Boba Fett was in the Darth Vader entourage like TURTLE on that HBO show!

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 05:14 PM