KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » was darthvader good on the inside

was darth vader good on the inside?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
yes 14 66.67%
no 4 19.05%
i dont know 3 14.29%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

was darthvader good on the inside
Started by: pgdarth95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
pgdarth95

was darthvader good on the inside

i know that he was good at the end of epsd. 6 but was he good the whole time ( take into mind what he said after cutting maces arm off "what have i done?!" maby the emporor was controlling his mind)

Its been a long time, how have you been? You know, when you MURDERED me.
Ahh..well let us put that behind us....for science....you monster....

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 09:59 PM
Click here to Send pgdarth95 a Private Message Find more posts by pgdarth95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

The emperor never drove it out of him fully. Once he joined palpatine, Anakin thought there was no turning back. From then on he was evil until luke saved him

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 12:11 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pgdarth95

i thought that anikain wouldnt give up that easily, i mean look at how he acts in epsd.1, 2, and 3.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 10:26 PM
Click here to Send pgdarth95 a Private Message Find more posts by pgdarth95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pgdarth95

with the pod race and padme being attacked and chaseing the bounty hunter um... i forgot her name but she can shape shift.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 10:28 PM
K-Dog

I wonder how much the emperor cared. My impression is that any emotion that would cause Darth to exercise his power more would be ok with Sid, as long as it never quite got to Darth feeling really "good' all the time. I think that even if there was a little bit of good there, a Sith isn't going to really care, because emotion and deception and even turning on each other had been the way of the Sith. Kinda like being in a prison gang.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 04:35 AM
Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

I don't think Sid was ever controlling Darth's mind, I think Darth actually thought he was doing the galaxya favour, Sid's manipulated him enough into thinking that the Jedi were actually evil and doing everything for their own personal gain.
Anakin wanted to take control of the galaxy to make his own version of peace. The only way to do that (in his mind), was through Sidious and destroying the power-hungry/seeking Jedi.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 11:37 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

Yes he was.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 06:46 PM
Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pgdarth95
with the pod race and padme being attacked and chaseing the bounty hunter um... i forgot her name but she can shape shift.

Zam Wessell? Think that was her name

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 08:16 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggy22
Lover

Of course he was good on the inside. If he wasn't he wouldn't have fulfilled the prophecy.

Scythe is a God among men

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 12:39 AM
Click here to Send Ziggy22 a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggy22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

If he did not have good inside of him he would not have been redeamed. Luke simply uncovered the good in Vader.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2009 03:02 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

yes buy chopping his arm off

Old Post Oct 30th, 2009 11:39 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Good one cool movies

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2009 04:00 AM
Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by DarthLazious
Yes he was.

No he wasn't.

See what I did there?

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 07:37 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sgt.Shakedown
Wannabe

He was good on the inside.

Sig and avatar by Scythe.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 05:26 PM
Click here to Send Sgt.Shakedown a Private Message Find more posts by Sgt.Shakedown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Back it up?

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 07:39 PM
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: was darthvader good on the inside

i know that he was good at the end of epsd. 6 but was he good the whole time ( take into mind what he said after cutting maces arm off "what have i done?!"

Could this thread be any gayier all the time. What have I done.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 03:13 AM
Click here to Send jayce78 a Private Message Find more posts by jayce78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

i know that he was good at the end of epsd. 6 but was he good the whole time ( take into mind what he said after cutting maces arm off "what have i done?!" maby the emporor was controlling his mind)

Was he good the whole time? Well...you decide...is blowing up a planet good? Is playing to your son's emotions good? Is hunting down entire species (Jedi, yeah, they are their own species in my books) good?

I personally wouldn't say so...

I don't think the people on the receiving ends of those attacks would say so either. Maybe Vader would say it was good, maybe he thought he was doing the galaxy a favour, he just might have. Who knows.

But was he good in the generally accepted definition of the word the whole time? No. No, he was not.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2009 01:19 AM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

quote:
ANH:

Luke: How did my father die?

Obi-Wan: A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights. He betrayed and murdered your father. Now the Jedi are all but extinct. Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force.

and

quote:
ESB:

Luke: Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father.

Obi-Wan: Your father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and *became* Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view.

Hope this clears it up.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2009 05:00 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

On the inside, absolutely, the good was buried beneath the evil. That is not to say that Vader's actions weren't wrong. He did act maliciously and was every bit influenced by the dark side, but the light side of the force never entirely vanished from him. It was there and he needed to be redeemed, in which Luke was able to do.

I like George.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 08:36 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Here's what some French psychologists have to say. big grin

http://screenrant.com/darth-vaders-...is-mikee-63555/

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 9th, 2010 02:10 AM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote