KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Armor

Armor
Started by: SWblayde938

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SWblayde938

Armor

Is the stormtrooper armor, an upgrade from the clone trooper armor or is it the same, just a different color?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 02:19 AM
Click here to Send SWblayde938 a Private Message Find more posts by SWblayde938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

More advanced. It shileds more from the shrapnel of grenades and ricocheting blaster fire.

my source is i have blueprints for it with other things. they are considered canon as they came from the notes of Lucas.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 04:13 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

...certainly didn't look like it in the movies.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 04:24 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

yeah. looks like the technology downgraded a bit in ANH, 20 years later.
laughing
I get a kick out of that every time

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 05:37 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

haha.

Hm, times were hard during the Empire - maybe the "bureaucrats" were hogging all the budget.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 05:42 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Yes...they can afford to make 2...thats 2...deathstars but not make good armor for stormtroopers roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 06:37 AM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

er... it just shows how corrupt the empire was?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 11:16 AM
steverules_2

I think that the stormtrooper armor wasn't weaker due to cuts on the budget...the empire could do whatever he wanted with the money, he chose to build a death star twice and besides the rebels didn't exactly have much armor themselves so I guess the empire didn't see much point in the use of armor when the rebels were doing fine without it...heck they even won in the end.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 01:17 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So theres a person in SW called empire now?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 02:03 PM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

f*ck it why not erm It'll probably be another edit in the Star Wars saga

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 02:34 PM
AnalBlast
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
So theres a person in SW called empire now?

The hell are you talking about? Learn to debate, and stop getting a boner every time you read a nebaris post.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 06:29 PM
Click here to Send AnalBlast a Private Message Find more posts by AnalBlast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
...certainly didn't look like it in the movies.
That is because it was always ment to deflect ricocheting blaster fire and grenade shraonel outside of its immediate area. It cant take direct hits or a grenade blast from close range.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 01:20 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

At least they matched vaders suit well from EP3 to ANH. All it needed was a good polishing

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 02:32 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by Incanus
That is because it was always ment to deflect ricocheting blaster fire and grenade shraonel outside of its immediate area. It cant take direct hits or a grenade blast from close range.

ah.

but still, it looked like the clone troopers' armors were more advanced - or maybe it's because the clone troopers actually looked MORE intelligent...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 06:31 AM
steverules_2

They did?

You can't say stormtrooper armor is weaker or less advanced than Clone trooper armor cause thats like judging a book by it's cover...for all we know it could be more advanced. But then again there was endor and the ewoks and good God why oh why couldn't they have stuck...with Wookies, I believe that was the original plan but no need for big strong big foot like creatures! No! We'll have cute cuddly bears with sticks and a few stones...maybe have them throw some mud pie's at the same time

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 06:51 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

i dunno. I guess its because I didn't see clone troopers get pwned by ewoks...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 07:00 AM
steverules_2

If they'd been in ROTJ...it woulda happened

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 07:55 AM
Incanus
Istari

Its becuase Ewoks pwn all, and they used really big trees and logs to crush stuff. The rocks didnt hurt them, the sticks were really pointy and got the where there is only a body glove.

Isil

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 03:24 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

well, i guess that's it then.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 04:00 AM
coolmovies

The Clone trooper look ugly

The Stormtrooper Corps was the successor of the Grand Army of the Republic of the Galactic Republic. During the time of the Republic, clone shock troopers were already being referred to as "stormtroopers," and the usage was passed on to several other high-ranking clone units, notably the 501st Legion, immediately after the Declaration of a New Order.[1]Another notable unit of the Corps was the 105th Stormtrooper Platoon.[2]

For approximately ten years after the birth of the New Order, the Empire's elite Stormtrooper Corps remained as the exclusive province of Jango Fett's clone progeny. But after the "unofficial" events of the Battle of Kamino, in which a special detachment of the Imperial 501st was required to annihilate an army of rogue clones (referred to as Anti-troopers), the ranks of the stormtroopers would start including new clones from different genetic templates and even non-clone recruits/conscripts. By the time the first Death Star was complete, the Fett clones had become a minority in the very army they once filled as a whole.

Members of the Corps were chosen for their dedication, bravery, and intelligence, becoming indoctrinated in the tenets of the New Order and becoming graduates of difficult and prestigious military academies such as the Academy of Carida. Others were specially-trained clones. The Corps suffered heavy losses during the Galactic Civil War, to the point of them being incredibly rare by 22 ABY.

By 130 ABY, the Corps had apparently been disbanded, with the stormtroopers becoming part of the Imperial Army. However, the individual stormtrooper units (such as the 501st and the 407th Stormtrooper Division) remained in existence and were still considered elite shock units by the Fel and Sith Empires.

From wookiepeedia

Last edited by coolmovies on Jul 30th, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 11:20 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote