KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Force choke

Force choke
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Force choke

Can it be blocked? Thats if it was done on a jedi/sith...anyone without the force is pretty much screwed I guess unless you're boba fett of course cuz his awsomeness and bad ass...ness...protects him smile

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 07:02 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

er... I dunno.

In movies, I dunno... in games, you can, but that's EU.

if you choke someone back while they're choking you, that would probably make them stop.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I'm not sure if anyone else knows it...I saw the apprentice do it but thats EU so...queeq will do something bad but....he's never done it on a jedi other than in an EU which not allowed to mention and it wasn't blocked then. But he's never done it on a jedi so it kinda makes me question. BUT in ep 3 Obi Wan couldn't block or stop Anakin from FCing Padme so...it's debateable whether it's something that can be blocked or not

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 07:22 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

well, yeah, but maybe if Obi-Wan totally distracted Anakin he'll stop. maybe.

Yeah, in [censored]EU[/censored] vader and his secret apprentice could totally stop each other from the act of force choking but that's [censored]EU[/censored].

*crooked smile*

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 02:28 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Yeah but that would be Anakin stopping himself cause he let go of her, I mean when someone stops him via force or blocks it via force. And his apprentice got force choked by vader and he couldn't block it so...

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 07:03 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

in the game Force Unleashed you could stop it. Galen Marek stopped it with a wave of a hand or something - I should know, I've played.
in the movies it's never really shown that you could do something like that. how would you even do it? It's not like it's a hand you can just swat off like in the games.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 11:49 AM
steverules_2

Yeah I played it too but can't remember that bit, I wasn't a big fan of the game...not to say I didn't play the whole thing though

In the movies Vader never tried on anyone with force abilities so...

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 04:35 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

yeah. Didn't Anakin try in ep. 3 to do it to Obi-Wan?

...oh wait, that was a real hand.

uh.. uh... data inconclusive?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 12:26 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
er... I dunno.

In movies, I dunno... in games, you can, but that's EU.

if you choke someone back while they're choking you, that would probably make them stop.

In games a stronger force user can automatically 'block' the choke.

Choke can also be countered with force push and absorb. Alternatively, you can pull him in and slash his head off.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 03:27 AM
Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Absorb? Thats something I've never heard before, absorb you'd think would speak for itself but how does it work exactly and how would you absorb a choke force?

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 08:51 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

..and isn't that EU?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 10:40 AM
steverules_2

Could be a deleted scene for all we know erm Unless absorb is what Yoda did when Dooku fired lightning at him and yoda stuck his hand out and just made it dissapear or whatever

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 11:25 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

...can you do that? with force choke?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 11:44 AM
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
...can you do that? with force choke?

I dunno, Lightning is something you can see and actually just grab with your hand...well...for a jedi anyways, force choke I can imagine is like a force push and something that is hard to block

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 12:09 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

well, obi-wan and anakin went at each other with a force push, and it both threw each other away to the opposite sides of the room with some huge amount of force...

what would happen if you do that with force chokes?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 01:25 PM
steverules_2

I'd think it would be like when someone's choking you and you choke them back...depends which one of you has the tighter grip...

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 02:33 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

well.. then.

that doesn't really answer the FC block question.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 03:00 PM
steverules_2

No but it answers the question of what if two jedi's tried to force choke...thats what you were asking right?

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 03:34 PM
General G
Canadian.

That was his conversation question, but his original question was whether someone trying a force choke could be blocked in their attempt similar to someone blocking force lightning or a force push.

I personally think there would be a way to block it, for the Sith at least, because I am sure they would have needed defences against every Sith offence move especially long ago when there were a lot of Dark Jedi running around. They would need to block a Force Choke or two.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 10:18 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

oh, right, sorry, was sorta confused back there.

well, it would appear (at least to me) that the easiest way to "block" it is to distract the person doing it to you.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 11:21 PM