KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » When do you think Luke should have been told the truth?

When do you think Luke should have been told the truth?
Started by: Anakin_the_Hutt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

When do you think Luke should have been told the truth?

Do you think that Luke should ever have known that Darth Vader was his father?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yes. Because that was the point of the OT.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 07:47 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Yes. Because that was the point of the OT.
too easy cool

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 01:51 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

I think the point of the original trilogy was to kill Darth Vader, the Emperor and rid the galaxy of the evil Empire.

If Obi-Wan and Yoda had their way, they wouldn't have told Luke anything except "kill the dude that killed your father".

I don't see how Luke's training would've been tainted if he had been told the truth. If anything, revenge wouldn't have been a factor.

Instead of being trained to be a killing tool, the truth might've given him a better understanding of what it means to be a Jedi.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 04:31 PM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

He wasn't told before because thats what George Lucas decided

/thread

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 07:19 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

As always.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 04:41 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

I don't think anyone is disputing who made the picture and I'm pretty sure the reason the movies came out the way they did IS because it was what George Lucas decided.

What I'm asking essentially is if you agree with the truth being kept from Luke.

I understand the concept of protecting his identity - but not when he was was tapped by the Jedi. That's me. Anyone agree?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 09:31 PM
steverules_2

no

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 09:47 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 19th, 2010 10:23 AM
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

Lol what if luke managed to kill vader on bespin and returned to dagobah and yoda revealed the truth and lukes like nooooooo

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 07:27 PM
Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mossman

laughing out loud
Anyway, I always though Yoda explained all this when Luke returned to Dagobah in ROTJ...

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 10:46 PM
Click here to Send mossman a Private Message Find more posts by mossman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He did.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2010 03:33 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Maybe when he officially finished his training. Yoda & Obi Wan didn't think he was ready, for the burden of what he had to face.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 09:49 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

You can tell that as George wrote and directed ANH, it was originally intended to be a stand alone film. I don't buy into the crap when he said it was originally like what....9 movies?

I don't think it was Lucas' original idea to have Vader be Luke's father. That was something he spun to give the series a great twist and plot point.

I like George.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2010 07:29 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It was an idea Lucas and Kurtz played with. And even set up. In ROTJ Luke was supposed to defeat Vader but not the Emperor. Leia would return to the remainder of her people and Luke would go in search of his twin sister. In the end he would defeat the Emperor.... So there was a bigger plan, but Lucas went for a short cut.

And yes, it was always to be a movie about a father and a son. Just read the Journal of the Whills... That was clearly one aspect Lucas was on to from the beginning.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2010 06:20 PM
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Originally posted by InfernoJG95
Lol what if luke managed to kill vader on bespin and returned to dagobah and yoda revealed the truth and lukes like nooooooo
Exactly. That's my point. They were just using Luke. What do you say to Luke then? "Yeah, sorry 'bout that - but you may not have wanted to if you knew...or worse, come up with some crazy plan to SAVE him. Now go kill the Emperor."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 06:29 PM
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Sith Master X
You can tell that as George wrote and directed ANH, it was originally intended to be a stand alone film. I don't buy into the crap when he said it was originally like what....9 movies?

I don't think it was Lucas' original idea to have Vader be Luke's father. That was something he spun to give the series a great twist and plot point.

I'm pretty sure Lucas had that idea in his head the whole time. Even with the prequels. but IV came first (well not really till it was a success was it called IV ) initally it was just star wars and if the movie flopped that would of been it, but it was such a huge success they continued with the story.
YAH!!!!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 09:14 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

So what did Uncle Owen mean when he said he was afraid that Luke had too much of his father in him? Why did Obi-Wan recoil and take a moment to "remember" how Luke's father died? You SERIOUSLY think George Lucas was lying when he said he invisioned Star Wars as a saga? The fact of the matter is that the Jedi are no better than the Sith. They both believe the end justifies the means. Look at what they did to Luke...he was a tool. If he failed, they'd just "enlist" his sister...by feeding her a bunch of BS too.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 12:44 AM
queeq
Chaos

Well yes, the PT did kinda ruin the Jedi...

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 10:05 AM