KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Which Ghost is the Most?

Which Ghost is the Most?
Started by: Kickballjedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kickballjedi

Which Ghost is the Most?

So in Episode 7, which ghost will Luke communicate with? Sadly I haven't heard of Ewan McGregor being part of the cast. I think it would've been fine to have Ewan (in older makeup of course) portray Obiwan's ghost to Luke. Maybe it will be Yoda?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 02:53 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Maybe they can summon Guinness from the great beyond and bring some reality into the franchise.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2015 07:33 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well they did give us Marlon Brando's Jor-El in Superman Returns, so I guess it is possible.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2015 10:03 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well yeah, that was from unused footage. Dunno if they have Guinness stuff lying around.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 12:07 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Well yeah, that was from unused footage. Dunno if they have Guinness stuff lying around.

No they actually made new footage believe it or not. I heard Bryan Singer himself saying that in an interview.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 12:19 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

New stuff, with a dead Brando...??? Yeah, right.

They used the Brando speeches that were supposed to be used in Superman II, with Richard Donner directing. Brando-as-Jor-El would continue his son's teachings in that movie. Donner shot all the Brando-in-black-shirt stuff at the same time he did Brando's speeches for Superman I (both movies were supposed to be a two-parter, with Superman turning back the world at the end of Superman II !!!).

But when Donner was fired and Richard Lester took over as director, they decided to have Kal-El's mom be his guide/mentor in Superman II. So all the Brando stuff ended up in the archives.

Singer used the original Brando-Superman II stuff and put it in Superman Returns.

And that is how the cookie crumbled. No new footage was made. Unused footage was used.

And then it was used again as it should have been (approximately) when Donner got to make his Superman II - The Donner Cut in recent years.

Last edited by queeq on Jan 22nd, 2015 at 08:46 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 08:43 PM
C-3POTheClever

Re: Which Ghost is the Most?

Originally posted by Kickballjedi
So in Episode 7, which ghost will Luke communicate with? Sadly I haven't heard of Ewan McGregor being part of the cast. I think it would've been fine to have Ewan (in older makeup of course) portray Obiwan's ghost to Luke. Maybe it will be Yoda?

They can't have Ewan! It would make continuity errors! He''d be too young! They'd have to come up with some kind of explanation as to why he went back to looking like his younger self. I know they could make him look older, but they'd never be able to make him look like Alec Guiness, so they should do without. I doubt Luke's going to be the maic character of the new trilogy anyway. He's just going to be the old wise Master. The Obi Wan of this trilogy in a way to put it. S I don't see the point in Obi Wan's ghost being there anyway.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 11:57 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Me neither. Luke is the new trilogy's OB1.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 08:39 AM
Kickballjedi

Originally posted by queeq
Me neither. Luke is the new trilogy's OB1.

Aha! So Luke will die in part 7 then be a ghost mentor in parts 8 and 9. I see....

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:29 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I didn't say that.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 11:47 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Given that Luke may have a kid, if he dies in the coming films I'm not looking forward to watching the Star Wars version of Ghost Dad.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2015 01:25 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Wow, you voiced my concerns quite eloquently.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2015 09:57 AM