KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Luke Skywalker -- Last of the Jedi?

Luke Skywalker -- Last of the Jedi?
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Luke Skywalker -- Last of the Jedi?

"Luke, when gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be."

How do you interpret this quote? Was Luke actually the last of the Jedi by Return of the Jedi? This quote has come under examination since Rebels, as there's Kanan and Ezra, two Jedi. Was Yoda mistaken? Are other Jedi like Kanan and Ezra dead by the time of Yoda's death? What's the deal?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 08:35 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobaFett117
Boba Fett

I hope they die, I hate Rebels.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 10:09 PM
Click here to Send BobaFett117 a Private Message Find more posts by BobaFett117 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace Hambone

Yoda could have meant a lot of different things - truth depending on your point of view and all. He also could have been mistaken - he's been wrong before.

He could mean the only Jedi left, period; the only Jedi trained under supervision of the old order and specifically old council members; the only Jedi with a chance to defeat Vader and the Emperor; or something else.

That said, I think there is a high probability that Ahsoka, Kanan and Ezra all meet their end before ESB.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2015 04:01 PM
Click here to Send Ace Hambone a Private Message Find more posts by Ace Hambone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Tbh, now that Vader is involved in Rebels, I don't see Kanan or any of them surviving. Because...it seems to me if Vader has to get involved, then it's a pretty big deal, him just then ignoring the Ghost crew seems kinda off for Vader, especially if he of all guys in the Empire was sent to deal with them.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2015 05:22 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Luke Skywalker -- Last of the Jedi?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
"Luke, when gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be."

How do you interpret this quote? Was Luke actually the last of the Jedi by Return of the Jedi?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2015 12:10 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well we don't know. Kanan and Ezra may be believed to be dead by both Yoda and Vader but may actually have survived.

Though I personally doubt Kanan will survive Rebels.

In any case Yoda and Old Ben only told Luke what they decided he needed to believe/hear. Hence the "certain point of view."

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2015 11:47 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I feel it's unlikely they just lied to him again.

But yeah, Yoda probably believes them to be dead.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2015 02:16 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, with Ahsoka turning up there seem to be a lot of Jedi around… so I dunno. This storyline is getting more muddled as it goes along.

But I kinda like Rebels!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 08:17 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Eh, Ahsoka's technically not a Jedi. Just kind of a rogue that has no affiliation.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 08:26 AM
queeq
Chaos

Well, is Kanan a fully trained Jedi then? Where does he differ in status from Ahsoka?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 08:57 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

She left the Order and doesn't identify as a Jedi, while Kanan identifies as one. Luke technically wasn't fully trained either, yet people consider him a legitimate Jedi after he defeats Vader. For me, Kanan defeating the Inquisitor was the same type of thing.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 09:15 AM
queeq
Chaos

So if Ahsoka defeats a guy or girl with a light sabre she's a Jedi?

Plus, she was once being trained by an official Jedi Master (i.e. Anakin Skywalker) as an official padawan, same as Kanan. I don't think there's much difference in Ahsoka's status and Kanan's…

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 10:01 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

No, not at all. And just because she was trained as a Jedi doesn't mean she currently identifies as one or is one. She left the Order, she's done. No affiliation with them, except she still uses a lightsaber and Force abilities, since those are the weapons she knows how to use, and we know from A New Dawn Force users can't successfully suppress their abilities. So, yeah.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 01:39 PM
Zenwolf

No one is a Jedi, because the Order is gone and yet they are still being hunted down. So...not sure the Empire cares if they identify as a Jedi or not, why would they just leave them alone to cause trouble later on? Examples already shown in Rebels.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out, that they all gotta die otherwise it's gonna come and bite em in the ass later.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Apr 8th, 2015 at 03:00 PM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 02:56 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Just because the Order is destroyed doesn't mean there aren't people (Jedi) who still follow the Jedi Code. And yeah, I highly doubt the Empire cares one way or another who is a 'Jedi'.

I don't think they left them alone on purpose, either.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 03:34 PM
Zenwolf

Well I mean being official Jedi is what I mean with the Jedi Order gone, they can still identify themselves as a Jedi or not. But they aren't Jedi as an official thing.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 03:45 PM
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
No, not at all. And just because she was trained as a Jedi doesn't mean she currently identifies as one or is one. She left the Order, she's done. No affiliation with them, except she still uses a lightsaber and Force abilities, since those are the weapons she knows how to use, and we know from A New Dawn Force users can't successfully suppress their abilities. So, yeah.

But now there is no Jedi order. So where does Ahsoka differ from Kanan, or even Ezra?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 07:08 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Regardless Ahsoka doesn't apply because she's probably not going to survive the length of the show.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 04:01 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Blah.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 05:23 AM
queeq
Chaos

in the end they all die, so what.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 09:34 AM