KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Steve Buscemi as The Joker?

Should Steve Buscemi play The Joker
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 10 71.43%
No 3 21.43%
Maybe 1 7.14%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Steve Buscemi as The Joker?
Started by: slinger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
slinger
Scifigunslinger

Steve Buscemi as The Joker?

Recent rumors have popped up saying that Steve Buscemi might play The Joker in Batman 2. When I heard that Christian Bale would play Batman, I was excited, I was rooting for him the whole time. Christian Bale is to Batman as Steve Buscemi is to The Joker. I think he's perfect. What do you guys (and girls) think?

For there shall be no mercy...
For any force that stands...
Blocking this path of his righteousness

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 05:20 PM
slinger is currently offline Click here to Send slinger a Private Message Find more posts by slinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Steve Buscemi sounds great. I loved him in Reservoir Dogs and Con Air.

He'd make a good Cletus Kassady (Carnage) too.

It's gonna take something monumental to top Nicholsons effort, but I think The Joker should be thinner and more haggard looking anyway.

If only Mark Hamill was younger: BEST JOKER EVER!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 08:21 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

so steve busecemi is to play the younger Jack

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 08:54 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

steve buscemi would not only rock as the joker, but he would rival nicholson's portrayal

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 10:35 AM
Darth_Nefarus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

buscemi would make a good joker but i think he would make a better scarecrow but he could definetly give nicholson a run for his money for best joker

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 11:30 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hostile
Horribly Addictive

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Worst. Idea. Ever.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 10:17 PM
Hostile is currently offline Click here to Send Hostile a Private Message Find more posts by Hostile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSisac0ck
and and! and

If it is Jack Napier when he was younger then fine, but please not as the Joker....don't try and even bother to compete with Jack's Joker...the best villian ever.

JUST DOIN` IT FOR THE CASH!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 07:24 AM
SSisac0ck is currently offline Click here to Send SSisac0ck a Private Message Find more posts by SSisac0ck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

y would they make him the joker in ' Begins ', its a prequel, he would ONLY hav to be jack napier when hes younger, he turns into joker in part 1

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 07:44 AM
moonwalker741 is currently offline Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Jack was not an especially great Joker, and Batman Begins isn't a prequal, it's unrelated to the other movies.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 08:10 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hostile
Horribly Addictive

Well in a sense it's a prequel to the others, in that it preceeds them, although it may interpret events differently.

Anyone know anything about Batman's opponent? He sounds pretty obscure to me.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 09:38 PM
Hostile is currently offline Click here to Send Hostile a Private Message Find more posts by Hostile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

He's an eco-terrorist who wants Batman to marry his daughter. That's basically all I know, but you can find a little more information here

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 10:16 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Hubba hubba hubba, who do you trust? Who do you trust? Me? I'm giving away free money. Or the Batman? Where is he? He's home, washing his tights! **laughs hysterically**

Jack Nichelson can not be replaced as the Joker. No way!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 02:51 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Oh, please. I couldn't begin to count the actors who are eminently capable of portraying lunatics. Since the Joker is basically portrayed as a one-dimensional character, it's not even very impressive, since the only emotion an actor would have to be good at is hysteria.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 03:51 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I dont like the idea much. Buscemi is a good actor no doubt, but i dont see how he would gel when playing the joker's role. But then again i dont see too many candidates out there anyway.. Jim Carrey might not have been a bad shot, unfortunately he already did the riddler, and quite well. I just hope they dont hopelessly miscast (Schwarzenegger for Mr.Freeze anyone?)

*shudders*

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 09:11 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CConn882
Primus Inter Pares

I voted yes. I'm sure there's actors out there that look more like the Joker (and are younger), but Buscemi is such a great indie actor...you couldn't go wrong with casting him for anything in a movie.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2004 05:54 PM
CConn882 is currently offline Click here to Send CConn882 a Private Message Find more posts by CConn882 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

I was watching dogma last night and was struck by how much I'd like to see Jason Lee take a crack at the joker...

Jason lee Folks - clicky!

Anything to get the stench of Nicolsons abortion out of my head...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2004 07:09 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

first choice: Mark Hamill
second choice: Jason Lee

no one else should even attempt the role.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 10:36 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I like Buscemi in Con air, He could pull off a great Joker IMO. I mean he was a great serial killer in the movie, and He seem insane in the movie, I like him.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 02:06 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyond Image
RE SOCK the UNITY

lets me throw this side kick to the Joker.

ANDY DICK...

....some one post a pic of this ditry bastard.

please.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 01:26 AM
Beyond Image is currently offline Click here to Send Beyond Image a Private Message Find more posts by Beyond Image Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bookmenrock

Buscemi would probably do a good job, but for a truly scary Joker, they need to sign Crispin Glover.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 12:23 AM
bookmenrock is currently offline Click here to Send bookmenrock a Private Message Find more posts by bookmenrock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote