KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Gotham vigilantes

Gotham vigilantes
Started by: SpyCspider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SpyCspider

Gotham vigilantes

Hey, update me on some news, ya?

Who else prowls Gotham along with Batman, Robin, Huntress, and occasionally Nightwing? I know Anarky was around, but I don't know much about him. Oh, and fighting for good that is.

What's Jean Paul Valley doing these days?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 05:25 AM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Well I think the Joker escape from the SLab,

Last time I know was nightwing was chases Jean Paul thown the city, until a final showdown with Batman, Of couse it was a to be contiue, So I have no ideal what happen after that, It ended with Batman's hands around Jean Pauls neck, Oh yeah and Paul hit the Butler.

And Batgirl defeated the Joker in her first comic.

I think I going to relly like Cain, She is way cooler than Barb.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 06:04 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

cain is the batgirl nowadays right?she's too short though, so her stature isn't exactly very formidable compared to the other maked people running around gotham but i fighting skills make up for that i suppose?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 01:35 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

Dont' say Cain...cuz then u're thinking of David Cain, Cassandra's dad.

And yea, Cassandra is insanely up there in fighting skills...second only to Shiva and perhaps on-par with Batman himself. But like you said, she's small so maybe that's why people don't perceive her as a threat until they're down on the ground bleeding...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 03:12 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Jean Paul Valley is dead; he was shot and fell to his death in Azrael #100. As far as who else prowles Gotham, there's Spoiler, Robin's girlfriend. She doesn't patrol,m of course, but Oracle lives in Gotham. Catwoman is reformed, and sometimes helps out. Creeper lives in Gotham, or he did last I heard. Jason Blood lives there too; he occasionally helps Batman with supernatural problems. Theoretically, there's a black vigilante who calls himself Orpheus, although other than in Orpheus Rising and Batman: Family, I've never seen him; I think he's been forgotten about. Anarky was kicked out of Gotham by Batman durring No Man's Land; as far as I know, he's kept out.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 04:53 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I wonder do you like the bad Catwoman?
Or Do you like Catwoman being a good person better?

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 06:04 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I like her as she is now. Even as a villian, Catwoman never killed, which makes her a questionable choice of villians for Batman in the first place--he's supposed to be a defender of the people, not of museums and bank vaults.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 07:21 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

yo Gregory, thanks for the updates...glad to know someone's been keeping up. =)

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 08:24 PM
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

umm who is this "jean paul valley"? i've never heard of him before...

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 02:44 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Jean Paul Valley was "programmed" from birth to be Azrael, an assassin for the Order of Saint Dumas. He apparently shook of their programming and entered Batman's services. After Knightfall, he filled in for Batman, but suffered a mental breakdown and eventually had to be taken out by Bruce Wayne after he let two people die.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 03:22 PM
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

oh...that's kind of sad...he isn't in the animated series though...

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 04:04 PM
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Of course not, the animated serious is nothing more than a watered down rehash of the comics, granted it is the best watered down rehash around. But there is no way an animated tv series could ever come near the story and art quality of the comics, it just wouldn't be feesable.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 08:07 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

yeah...i can imagine that.But i haven't read any batman comics till now.(winces) i know.i know. i am a terrible fan but i have always been an animated batfan...

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 09:13 PM
SpyCspider

yo punky, you should definitely catch up on some comics/graphics novels. You're missing out on just watching the Animated Series...as awesome as they were.

You know there were 3 Robins right? And more than 1 Clayface. And obviously more than 1 Batgirl, as well as Batwoman. cool

And also, in the comics Bane snapped Batman's back (not like how Batman wrenched the Venom ducts off him in the Animated Series or in Batman & Robin the movie) which caused Jean Paul Valley to become his replacement. During that time, JPV got very dark and harsh with his vigilante actions. When Batman came back, there was hell to pay....

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 09:42 PM
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

yeah i know...i will cvatch up over the summer hopefully
and yes i know all the major details liek batman's back, joker shot barbara and she's in a wheelchair and all...i know about cassandr cain and the whole "Hush" thing not that i've read it.yet.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 10:28 PM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by Hegemon875
the animated serious is nothing more than a watered down rehash of the comics.. no way an animated tv series could ever come near the story and art quality of the comics,

Lets see... WRONG, Wrong and..whadayaknow.. wrong again.

Paul Dini and Bruce Timm gave us one of the most consistent, complex and mature versions of the bat we have ever been lucky enough to see.

Doesn't mean the punk shouldn't read a few graphic novels once in a while tho.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 10:42 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

but are these novels well written?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 10:43 PM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by punkyhermy
but are these novels well written?

Depends what you expect from your Bat, Punk.

Batman: Year One by Frank Miller is what most people say is the last word of how bruce became the bat, with the addition of his first meeting with catwoman and a good look at how gotham was before he got started on cleaning it up. This is the perfect place to start - because it's year one and because it kicks ass all over the place.

Batman: The Long Halloween by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale is a murder mystery detective story set just after Yr one that covers just about every bat-villian you can think of and looks damn good doing it.

Batman: The Killing Joke by Alan moore is a slight story about nothing but has tragic aspects that make it essential reading. Dont miss.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns By...Ah hell we all know this bad boy. This is the last ever batman story, or should be. Ignore batman beyond - ignore all the other elseworlds books : this is how the Bruce Wayne I know ended up as an old man, and it aint pretty.

People will tell you about the bane saga and Azrael and etc etc no mans land and blah blah blah blah but these are i think the ones that make everyones list.

Your best bet is to find someone who isn't a "it must be in a double bag and out of the sunlight" fanboy nerd geek to lend you these to check out. Most libraries in the Uk have these to borrow.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 11:01 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

oh but my comunity library here doesn't have any of these...i'll have to buy'em so i better start saving.thanks a lot though!!!when i do read i would want to discuss those here!

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 11:11 PM
SpyCspider

hahah just go to the Graphics Novel section of Borders/Barnes & Noble, or other bookstores...find a nice chair, and read away. Great way to kill time. Watch out though, it's tempting to shell out a lotta money to buy the books cuz you wanna "start a collection" and....they don't come cheap.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 08:41 AM