KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » the joker

the joker
Started by: amlap

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
amlap
this guy

the joker

i think that if anything the batman franchise should def look to make a JOKER movie. they should really focus on the life of the joker rather than him as a villian to batman. if any of you are familiar with the comic BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE you would know that the joker was not always a crazy son of a *****. instead of making him the villian make him the anti-hero. look into his life all the way up to when he first meets batman heah to head.

the only problem would be who to cast as him?
and who would direct?

NUFF SAID!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 08:13 PM
amlap is currently offline Click here to Send amlap a Private Message Find more posts by amlap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eclipse
Dark Eclipse

???? No clue!!!.. But I like the idea!!!!

Korri, LeatherFace12,Citadel,Dregh, Mr.Toga, Storm,loveLinkilicious, Clovie, Chelsea23, ILuvPippin, and Stiill Finding More Names!!!

Watch as I steal the moon from the Sky
Mafia B!tch 2!!!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 08:22 PM
Eclipse is currently offline Click here to Send Eclipse a Private Message Find more posts by Eclipse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

The was a Joker comic, and I think it did poorly. I'm not sure why a movie would be expected to do any better.

Besides, the Joker is basically a one-dimensional character. I'm not sure how interesting a movie about him would be.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 05:10 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amlap
this guy

not interesting...

first off i am not aware of the comic book, but then again i dont really read DC.

Joke is not a one-dimensional character... he is by far one of the most famous comics villians known to all. i think jack Nicolas proformance in the first Batman movie maybe the proof of that. and if you read the comic that i mentioned in my first post you would see a very interesting person. infact the comic alone is a great place to start for a screenplay and script. you see in the comic that the joker was once a comedian struggling to support his wife and soon to be child. the joker gets mixed up with a gang in search for cash... then like the the story is told in the the first batman he falls in a toxic bath and comes out all ****ed up.

the greatest thing bout this idea is that you really dont have to relate this movie with batman. this movie could be a struggle of the average working class male, who gets into some deep shit and gets ****ed up by some toxicians. after his transformation he realizes how shitty life is and how horrilbe reality is so he decides that i life of crime is the ultimate illusion for himself.

another fact bout the joker is that hes a sick motha! he is harsh and will KILL! i def see a horror pshyco thriller for this movie. it can be put together... thats if the rights are avalible?

NUFF SAID!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 01:30 AM
amlap is currently offline Click here to Send amlap a Private Message Find more posts by amlap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Yes, not interesting. At least, not as you're proposing to use him.

The Joker can be interesting, I think, but the part that I find interesting is the part you are proposing to eliminate: Joker's relationship with Batman. It may be more complex then any hero-villian relationship. It often seems to me that the Joker defines himself in terms of the Batman. In The Dark Knight Returns, it is the news of Batman's return that makes the Joker go active. In No Man's Land, it is clear that the Joker is desperately courting Batman's attention. And in The Joker's Apprentice, Joker declares that only Batman and Joker exist; everything else is just there to pass the time between their meetings (he also declairs that only the night loves Batman more than the Joker). My point, I guess, is that with the Batman, you have an interesting (and probably totally unique) hero-villian relationship. With the Joker by himself, you have ... well, you have a murderous clown. Prime slasher material, but interesting? Not in my book.

Incidently, I've read The Killing Joke. The Joker admits that he doesn't really remember what caused him to go insane; what he presents is only one version.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 03:38 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

indeed

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 09:38 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

yeah....
pretty good idea

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 09:30 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

They both resemble vampires

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 10:17 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote