KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Who played the Best Batman?

Who played the better Batman?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Batman (Michael Keaton) 10 47.62%
Batman Returns (Michael Keaton) 3 14.29%
Batman Forever (Val Kilmer) 5 23.81%
Batman + Robin (George Clooney) 3 14.29%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who played the Best Batman?
Started by: mmmmoley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mmmmoley

Cool Who played the Best Batman?

Who played the best Batman out of the 4 films...

Batman ---> Michael Keaton
Batman Returns ---> Michael Keaton
Batman Forever ---> Val Kilmer
Batman + Robin ---> George Clooney

I think Michael Keaton was the best, but that's probably coz I didn't really like 'Batman + Robin' and Keaton played Batman more than anyone else, plus 'Batman Returns' is my favourite Batman film out of the 4!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 04:17 PM
mmmmoley is currently offline Click here to Send mmmmoley a Private Message Find more posts by mmmmoley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoolWizard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm as I dislike Keaton and the earlier films, I went for Kilmer in Batman Forever. It was a great film, he was a good Batman and Bruce Wayne, and it had Robin in it.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 07:06 PM
CoolWizard is currently offline Find more posts by CoolWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Its all been asked before and the answer is

• Kevin Conroy
  • Adam West
  • Clark Bartram

All the rest are equally shitty.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 07:25 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoolWizard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Clark Bartram?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 07:33 PM
CoolWizard is currently offline Find more posts by CoolWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by CoolWizard
Clark Bartram?

Batman: Dead End

Last edited by Mr Zero on Nov 9th, 2004 at 07:48 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 07:45 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoolWizard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah I see. I also did not know we were including the great Kevin Conroy in this list, or I would have listed him as a personal favorite, as well. Mask of the Phantasm and Batman:The Animated Series are among my all-time favorite series and movies. (I am collecting the old tapes etc)

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 07:58 PM
Mr Parker

Believe me this has been discussed many times before.of the 4 batman movies Kilmer was easily the best because not only did he at least resemble to role of Bruce wayne which keaton and Clooney did not,his acting was impressive as well,so het got my vote.but Kevin Conroy is by the best ever when you include him in there.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 10:52 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoolWizard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kevin Conroy is the best of all, I dare say. I do wonder, though, what he actually looks like, and how our views might change if he played the role of Batman in a live action production, like his counterparts?

Val Kilmer is the best of the live action Batmans, no doubt of that.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 03:53 AM
Joker1237

not again, I was sure Keaton won the last poll, And he win this one too lol.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 05:26 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoolWizard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm at the moment, it seems Kilmer is on top.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 12:33 PM
Joker1237

it will take time, I supose, but Keaton won the LAST poll of this thing.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 04:58 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

of course he did but thats only because people like keaton better as an actor than Kilmer,they cant get get past that bias to see he was such a horrible choice for the role because of how pysically wrong he was for the part though and how all he did was copy the performance of Chris reeve from superman.Kilmers portrayle was much closer to how bruce wayne is that Keatons is but like I said,because people cant get past the bias of not liking Kilmer as a person,they always vote keaton since he is a more likeable person in real life.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 05:53 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoolWizard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Whether or not Keaton won in the last poll is irrelevant to this poll. It could go either way, you know.
I am sorry to differ so much, but the fact remains the first two Batman movies with Michael Keaton were too dark yet they were promoted in such a way that kids flocked to the theaters to see them.
Batman Returns was THE single worst film to come out that year IMHO. It was waay too dark and the use of the grotesque Penguin was overkill, and scared the heck out of me.
Batman Forever at least brought some much needed humor back into the character.
Its a shame the series went down the drain afterwards, but the fact remains Val Kilmer is not such a bad Batman/Bruce Wayne, while Keaton is not a great Batman either.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 05:02 PM
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Unfortunately, I feel Kilmer did the best. If he was a little more 'dark and mysterious,' and did not have his lisp, he would make a perfect Batman.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 05:50 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoolWizard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Unfortunately? I think it is great that someone besides me and Mr Parker think he did the best job. He remains my favorite-barring seeing Christian Bal next year, of course-live action Batman of all time. Seeing the movie in theaters helped cement him in my mind.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 07:30 PM
Sileas

ok, i've been keeping an eye on this board and the batman topics just for fun in the last couple of days, and when i saw this poll and the direction it is going, i promptly registered on the spot so i could come in and whup you people and drag all of you, kicking and screaming, back into reality. Val Kilmer? the best batman? you've gotta be kidding me. he is universally hated, along with George Clooney (though i agree with another thread in here, it wasn't his fault that movie tanked). all of you need a large bolus of antipsychotic medication.

that said, i will quietly register my opinion for my FAVORITE (note not the best) batman----VK.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2004 09:22 PM
Sileas is currently offline Click here to Send Sileas a Private Message Find more posts by Sileas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CConn882
Primus Inter Pares

Michael Keaton by far. wink

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 02:14 AM
CConn882 is currently offline Click here to Send CConn882 a Private Message Find more posts by CConn882 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Why is it that everytime such a discussion comes up, Mr. Conroy is almost always ignored?! mad
The majority of Batfans consider him the definitive Batman.He is the first person to get Batman right.He is the only one among them who loves the job and loves Batman, genuinely!Let's admit it, the pay of an animated voice actor is minimal, the recognistion if any, even less.When all is said it done, it comes down to this: Kevin Conroy is the ultimate Batman.

I refuse to give that title, or something even to close to it to stupid, balhead, eyebrows plucked, puckerlipped,Keaton! sick

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 04:15 AM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Michael Keaton rules!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 04:40 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Well Conroy in Real life looks nothing like Batman, or Bruce Wayne.

KEaton had the look, I dont see how Conroy would pull off a live action Batman,

In some ways I have a hard time with Hamill pulling off a live action Joker, But I can see a Yonger Hamill(Luke Skywalker) doing a great job.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 10:08 PM