KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » George Clooney blames Joel Schumacher for the failure of "Batman and Robin".

George Clooney blames Joel Schumacher for the failure of "Batman and Robin".
Started by: Leafar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Leafar

Shocked George Clooney blames Joel Schumacher for the failure of "Batman and Robin".

At a recent party, George Clooney blamed Joel Schumacher, who directed "Batman and Robin", for the failure of the previous Batman movie. "I could have been dark and mysterious..." he said. "It was Joel's idea to put on the nipples...he told me I was doing a musical."

laughing

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 06:16 PM
Leafar is currently offline Click here to Send Leafar a Private Message Find more posts by Leafar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

JS sure did accomplish that

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 06:25 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

George Clooney isn't a bad actor. I think someone of his caliber could've pulled it off. It was just bad directing and script.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 07:06 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 07:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

I think Clooney is an ok actor, but one thing was he was to old for the role. Another thing was the plot line sucked. Also he had never done a role like that before.

All those things together made it bad. So it was just not him alone. Although I must say he did suck as batman.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 07:29 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

I'm gonna bet that the whole post is complete BS. Are you playing a sarcastic joke on us? Let's see some sources on that one... smile

Either that, or Clooney was drunk.

Last edited by tpaquin on Jun 28th, 2005 at 07:45 PM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 07:41 PM
tpaquin is currently offline Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leafar

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tpaquin
I'm gonna bet that the whole post is complete BS. Are you playing a sarcastic joke on us? Let's see some sources on that one... smile

Either that, or Clooney was drunk.

No, it really isn't bull$hit. I saw the report on Entertainment Tonight. Clooney was getting an award for something. He may have been drunk... sick

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 08:13 PM
Leafar is currently offline Click here to Send Leafar a Private Message Find more posts by Leafar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I think JS is more responsible than GC for the failure. The actors might not have been well-cast, but they've all been at least competant in other movies. When an entire cast of competant actors suddenly puts out something like B&R, than the director's almost certainly to blame.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 08:24 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

Originally posted by Leafar
No, it really isn't bull$hit. I saw the report on Entertainment Tonight. Clooney was getting an award for something. He may have been drunk... sick

Oh, wow. In that case, he's a frigging loon.

Or drunk.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 10:16 PM
tpaquin is currently offline Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
munkiesarus
swimming upstream

At a recent party, George Clooney blamed Joel Schumacher, who directed "Batman and Robin", for the failure of the previous Batman movie. "I could have been dark and mysterious..." he said. "It was Joel's idea to put on the nipples...he told me I was doing a musical."

laughing

Batman and Robin...on Ice!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 10:28 PM
munkiesarus is currently offline Click here to Send munkiesarus a Private Message Find more posts by munkiesarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediMasterLuke5
Superman is a god

Re: George Clooney blames Joel Schumacher for the failure of "Batman and Robin".

laughing

Yes the Plot of the movie was terrible. Batman & Robin was a total let down.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 12:13 AM
JediMasterLuke5 is currently offline Click here to Send JediMasterLuke5 a Private Message Find more posts by JediMasterLuke5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

Yes, he was horrible as Batman in the movie. But given his acting experience in ER and Ocean's Eleven, I can't help thinking he could've adapted if he knew or cared about how Batman really should be like. He just had to stop looking like a sweater-wearing cuddly Dad and put some scowl to that ever-smiling face. Maybe somebody should've kicked him between the legs...tha'd piss off anyone.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 03:07 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I saw they were on Drugs imo.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 05:11 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I blame WB for being greedy and careless with the Franchise.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 08:14 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leafar

Originally posted by WindDancer

I blame the Liberal Media. laughing

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 12:28 PM
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

I blame the communist pigs sent from their mother russia to exterminate us.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 06:30 PM
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Originally posted by WindDancer

yes

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 12:27 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

"I blame the internet, and the return of swing music." - Mel Gibson, The Simpsons

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 02:05 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

that Batman movie sucked

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 02:25 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kieralinn

Let's see...all things wrong with Batman & Robin:

1. Joel Schumacher

2. Bat-nipples!!

3. Script

4. Glow in the dark florescent Gotham city

5. Batgirl

6. Batgirl being Alfred's neice WTF!?

7. Bane being a throw away wimp on steriods (granted he is on the venom stuff, but he is hardly a throw away dumb wimp)

8. The music score (why didn't they just stick with Elfman's?)

9. Joel Schumacher (he gets 2 spots!!)

10. EVERYTHING!!

Yep,,that pretty much covers it.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 05:18 AM
Kieralinn is currently offline Click here to Send Kieralinn a Private Message Find more posts by Kieralinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote