KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Who can play Harvey Dent?

Who can play Harvey Dent?
Started by: Harvey Dent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Harvey Dent
Two-Face

Who can play Harvey Dent?

How do you think he should look like?

Who can play him? (and why would the directors even consider Timberlake as Two-Face?)

What is his best look in the comics? Who draws him the best. (has Jim lee drew him before?) post some pics if you can.

I personally like the way he looked, talked, and acted in the Animated Series the best. I liked the black and white suit. And I hope they keep it like this in the upcoming movies.

I can't see Timberlake playing him, his voice sounds like a girl when he should sound like more of a bad-ass like in the Animated Series.

plus - Timberlake is new at acting and the Two-Face schitzo character probably is to complex for him.

the only good schitzo I've seen in a movie was Jim Carrey in Me, Myself and Irene.

Coin lands on the bad head - we hit 'em hard."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 06:07 AM
Harvey Dent is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Dent a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Dent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Check the "Two-face in part 2" thread. wink

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 07:07 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Dent
Two-Face

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Myth
Check the "Two-face in part 2" thread. wink

I did and my topic is totally different.

That thread is only discussing IF Two-Face is going to be in the next movie.

This thread is for discussing HOW Two-Face should be portrayed in the next Batman movies.

Also this is for a discussion on previous Two-Face art styles from the comics.

Please read what I had to say first instead of just refering me to the other thread which I have read.

It's a totally different topic on Two-Face.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 08:50 AM
Harvey Dent is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Dent a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Dent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I should be portray like he was in the old cartoon and like he was in dark victory and long halloween

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 04:35 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I think they should give it to Guy Pearce, cause he's proven that he's a good enough actor to pull off such a role - watch Memento. He should be a torn character, moreso like TAS and NOTHING like Batman Forever's interpretation.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 05:42 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yeah, Forever's intepretation was a mess. Badly casted and very badly direction. Two-Face was simply a Joker wannabe in that.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 07:23 PM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by Harvey Dent
I did and my topic is totally different.

That thread is only discussing IF Two-Face is going to be in the next movie.

This thread is for discussing HOW Two-Face should be portrayed in the next Batman movies.

Also this is for a discussion on previous Two-Face art styles from the comics.

Please read what I had to say first instead of just refering me to the other thread which I have read.

It's a totally different topic on Two-Face.

I read what it said, I still just thought that this would still belong in the other thread because similar sub-topics have been brought up in that one. Oh well.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 07:48 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Originally posted by vvvrulz
Yeah, Forever's intepretation was a mess. Badly casted and very badly direction. Two-Face was simply a Joker wannabe in that.

Yeah, both Two-Face and Riddler were attempted Jokers in that movie, that's one of the reasons I hated it. Also, that's one of the reasons I liked Batman Returns. Penguin and Catwoman didn't try to redo the Joker's persona. Catwoman was a sexy torn-between character, and Penguin was a freak of nature. Neither tried to be the criminal that is always laughing at their own killing jokes.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 07:58 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Definately, at least Returns had original villains.

In that sense, Begins was somewhat disappointing with its villains, they weren't exactly showstoppers now were they.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 08:51 PM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

They were realistic though, I liked that. They weren't very extravagant or unbelievable. Mr. Freeze is someone like that. He can be very realistic, or he can be miserably ridiculous. Batman & Robin went the latter route. I think TAS showed him in a realistic way - as they did with a lot of their characters.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 10:48 PM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

TAS really pulled it off, they should look there for reference.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 04:37 AM
NoFate007

Yeah, they really should. I consider that the source to look to for Batman. It had tons of characters, great psychological insight - aka it wasn't The Batman, where everything seems almost campy. Great character representation...etc etc

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 05:05 AM
Mainstream
lighting the way

I wonder how they gonna decide if he gonna be a black guy like in TAS or white like he is in the comics..hmmm

good heads he'll be white...bad heads He'll be black

I loved the two face music from the TAS..the errie whistling music..it kicked ass.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 01:36 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

He was white in TAS wasn't he? I think he was only black when Billy Dee played him in Batman

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 05:37 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

Originally posted by NoFate007
He was white in TAS wasn't he? I think he was only black when Billy Dee played him in Batman

he looked black on TAS....or maybe he had a really deep tan...or maybe he was mixed..who know..he was cool though..the coin thing and being obbessed with the number 2....cool

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 05:40 PM
Harvey Dent
Two-Face

Originally posted by Mainstream
he looked black on TAS....or maybe he had a really deep tan...or maybe he was mixed..who know..he was cool though..the coin thing and being obbessed with the number 2....cool

He wasn't black.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 09:16 AM
bakerboy

I always thought that Guy Pearce, Mel Gibson or Ray LLiota would be great as two face/harvey dent.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:23 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

idk about Gibson but Pearce yeah, Liotta I never thought of but he would be too.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 04:45 PM
Lady_Jade
Bond Girl

Why does everyone think that just because someone has a tan they have to be black? o_O Anyways, I agree with Guy Pierce. He needs to get a little bulkier though.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 05:02 PM
Lady_Jade is currently offline Click here to Send Lady_Jade a Private Message Find more posts by Lady_Jade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I think Lliota would have been great in the Goodfellas days but he's getting up there in age now too. He's also put on some weight (I think).

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 06:52 AM