KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Out of all of Batman more powerful enemies, why does the Joker top the list?

Out of all of Batman more powerful enemies, why does the Joker top the list?
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Out of all of Batman more powerful enemies, why does the Joker top the list?

Mostly all of Batman's other enemies are phisically stronger and/or are even mentally stronger and smarter than either Batman or the Joker are.

Why is that?

I mean i love the Joker, i just don't get it. I mean, wouldn't your worst enemy be the strongest and smartest, basically the most powerful/the biggest threat, and i dunno if Joker is the most powerful.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 10:25 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

i dunno, he just is...

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 10:40 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silverstein
i dunno, he just is...

He just is?

nah, i dont buy that...

Joker is sick but Batman's other enemies can be sicker.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 10:49 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

i cant think of any villains as sick as Joker...

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 10:58 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Well let's see now

-He's the enemy Batman has faced the most and causes the most trouble
-He killed Robin
-He crippled Barbara Gordon
-He killed Sarah Essen

Need I go on???

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 10:59 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

Originally posted by Doc Ock
Well let's see now

-He's the enemy Batman has faced the most and causes the most trouble
-He killed Robin
-He crippled Barbara Gordon
-He killed Sarah Essen

Need I go on???

i forget...He killed freakin Robin, batmans little side kick, the boy wonder. That is harsh. Not to mention he turned the that drake Robin into his adopted son. (batman beyond movie). Plus:

-armed robberies
-murders
-tastes for the theatrics

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 11:03 PM
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

The cartoons are not part of Batman continuity.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 11:04 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

The cartoons are not part of Batman continuity.

what do you mean??

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 11:08 PM
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

what do you mean??

The plot lines in the cartoons are not part of Batman comic continuity.

Meaning Joker never did anything to Tim Drake.It was made up for the cartoon.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 11:10 PM
xNIXSONx

The plot lines in the cartoons are not part of Batman comic continuity.

Meaning Joker never did anything to Tim Drake.It was made up for the cartoon.

ooh ok.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 11:12 PM
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

He may not be the strongest or the most physically gifted, but I reckon he has the mind of a true genius-slash-criminal-mastermind.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 11:22 PM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

He's also somewhat reallistic...[guy falls into acid] looks like crap, kills people with a personna

other reallistic villains
scarecrow - chemist weaponizing gas toxins
scarface - insane guy with a puppet

thats all i can really think about

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 11:29 PM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by TMACalicious
He may not be the strongest or the most physically gifted, but I reckon he has the mind of a true genius-slash-criminal-mastermind.

but thats the thing.

Batman has smarter villains that are more genius than the joker could ever be. Villains set on global domination.

Joker mostly seems to only threaten Gotham at most.
But at best just mostly parts of Gotham.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 11:31 PM
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

I believe it was always personal on some level or another. Like, the Joker wouldn't just attack Gotham for the fun of it, he'd do it to draw Batman out. Like a tease or something. I'm pretty sure that if someone screwed with innocent people just to get you pissed off that he'd be at the top of your list.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 11:35 PM
ArthasKnight is currently offline Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

Originally posted by ArthasKnight
I believe it was always personal on some level or another. Like, the Joker wouldn't just attack Gotham for the fun of it, he'd do it to draw Batman out. Like a tease or something. I'm pretty sure that if someone screwed with innocent people just to get you pissed off that he'd be at the top of your list.

exactly!!

i dunno if this would count but in Batman Beyond:return of joker, the new Bats talks to the Joker...saying stuff like how the old batman never talks or comments about Joker at all: to get him pissed off, Joker just wants to get batman's attension.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 11:38 PM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by ArthasKnight

I dunno about that. I always thought the Joker always tried to avoid drawing out Batman in order to complete his heists and crime sprees. Isn't he always pissed when Batman shows up, but then he gets happy after quickly thinking up of a plan to get rid of him..?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 11:41 PM
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I dunno about that. I always thought the Joker always tried to avoid drawing out Batman in order to complete his heists and crime sprees. Isn't he always pissed when Batman shows up, but then he gets happy after quickly thinking up of a plan to get rid of him..?

Well the way I saw it was that the Joker would come up with one plot or another but also tie it into some sort of trap for Batman so that when he did arrive he was set up. You know, Batman shows up and Joker gets pissed and runs away only to actually be leading Batman into a trap and then he gets happy 'cause his plan worked. Well, except that Batman always got away.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 11:45 PM
ArthasKnight is currently offline Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly Renee

exactly!!

i dunno if this would count but in Batman Beyond:return of joker, the new Bats talks to the Joker...saying stuff like how the old batman never talks or comments about Joker at all: to get him pissed off, Joker just wants to get batman's attension.

Yes it counts. Btas should never be ignored! grr.. hehe. mad

Last edited by Kelly Renee on Oct 20th, 2005 at 12:02 AM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 11:51 PM
Kelly Renee is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly Renee a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly Renee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Lex Luthor isn't the most physically strong enemy of Superman's, but he's the arch-rival too. The Joker is the main enemy not only because of popularity, but because of what he stands for. Batman is insanity for the right reasons, Joker is insanity for the wrong reasons. There's a connection between the two that always thrives on the other. If Batman were to kill Joker the first time he saw him, he wouldn't be the Batman we know today.

Another reason Jack is the arch is because of his intelligence. I'd argue that booksmart-wise, the most intelligent villain is The Riddler, however, The Joker is the type of intelligence that Batman is - common sense and psychoanalysis. The Joker knows exactly what buttons to press, and he's booksmart enough to devise evil plans that would without a doubt work (and sometimes do), make up Joker toxins and whatnot...etc etc.

And Joker's the man lol

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 12:55 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Joker's is Batman's exact opposite - colourful, extravagant, chaotic, unrepressed. His relationship with Bat's is so twisted that often he tries not to kill him - it would mean the end of the game he loves to play with him.
Things got more disturbing by the 1980's though, after Dark Knight. We come to appreciate Joker entertains himself by causing deaths in the hundreds, even thousands, and would gleefully continue whenever possible. Then, he crossed a line with Batman that can't go back - murdering Jason Todd. This has built up such guilt and rage in Batman, I wonder why he doesn't pop sometimes. Because not killing the Joker has just meant more and more death, which could have been prevented. Someday, DC will have to find a way to resolve this; kill the Joker? FOR REAL?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 04:58 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote