KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » The end of Killing Joke....

The end of Killing Joke....
Started by: Etrigan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Etrigan
?

The end of Killing Joke....

What do you think happened after the unclear end of Killing Joke? It is supposed that Batman kills Joker, but other opinions are always good to hear.... so let's hear them.

Another point, a bit like the "Hush fighting Batman" thread...

When Batman fought Joker in the fairground backstage, i was shocked by how Joker managed to own Batman so easily. Considering Batman is one of the best fighters, how would he ever let a puny clown like Joker pull the mask down over his eyes? And then sock him with a plank? He's never let Joker catch that advantage on him before.

It just didn't seem right.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 10:01 AM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

i havent reallly ever read Killing Joke but it sounds... suspicious

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 04:04 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarecrow756
The Joker

I have not read The Killing Joke either, whats it like, is it any good?

"STARTING TONIGHT PEOPLE WILL DIE.. I`M A MAN OF MY WORD"-
THE JOKER- THE DARK KNIGHT TEASER TRAILER

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 04:11 PM
Scarecrow756 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarecrow756 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarecrow756 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Batman obviously doesnt kill Joker because it's pre- Death in the Family!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 04:15 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etrigan
?

I know, but moore said it is supposed to signify that he killed him.

And yes, it is a good read, but personally I wasn't too keen on it. Good to have in the collection, but I found it a bit gloomy, and I didn't like Batman's portrayal.

What do you mean it sounds suspicious?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 04:26 PM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batmanreturns2k

hey there um yeah batman goes to kill the joker for what he did to barbra grodon as like what he did to jason todd before but as bat get closer to the joker the joker tells him a joke so that his last words to bat so bat understand that the jokers a only person that he feeds on luaghter and how he only want s to make bats luagh will at the end you see that joke make batman luagh

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 04:53 PM
batmanreturns2k is currently offline Click here to Send batmanreturns2k a Private Message Find more posts by batmanreturns2k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

???? Try that again using your basic literary skills... and Barb is crippled before Jason's death, just read the scene where bats talks to Gordon about joker's escape in A Death in the Family...

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 04:58 PM
Etrigan
?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by batmanreturns2k
hey there um yeah batman goes to kill the joker for what he did to barbra grodon as like what he did to jason todd before but as bat get closer to the joker the joker tells him a joke so that his last words to bat so bat understand that the jokers a only person that he feeds on luaghter and how he only want s to make bats luagh will at the end you see that joke make batman luagh

I KNOW that.

I mean afterwards, where it is left unclear to what happens.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 05:02 PM
Kovacs86

Batman laughs at Joker!? WTF...?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 05:12 PM
Impediment
Endless

Gordon told Batman, "We have to show Joker that OUR way works. Bring him in by the book!", and thats exactly what Bats did. The police arrived, and Joker was hauled back off to Arkham. The only reason Moore had Batman and Joker laughing together hysterically was because Moore wanted to show us that Batman, in his own right, is crazy just like the Joker, with the exception that Batman is not a murdering psychotic. And as far as why the Joker pulled Batman's mask down over his eyes, and such..............just because he is "a puny clown" doesn't mean that Joker can't fight back to an extent. He is a slippery little worn and above all, Joker fights dirty, so he has a lot of dirty little fighting tricks up his sleeve.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Feb 16th, 2006 at 05:22 PM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 05:18 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

I guess so... I MUST read that now!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 05:38 PM
Scarecrow756
The Joker

It certainly sounds good. yes yes yes

"STARTING TONIGHT PEOPLE WILL DIE.. I`M A MAN OF MY WORD"-
THE JOKER- THE DARK KNIGHT TEASER TRAILER

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 05:40 PM
Scarecrow756 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarecrow756 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarecrow756 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

my bro lives in Leeds and says he'll give me the Killing Joke when he finds it...

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 05:41 PM
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Knightfall93
I guess so... I MUST read that now!

I highly recommend that you do. It's one of the best Batman stories, IMO. Alan Moore really outdid himself for such a short story.

Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

It's his last comic that he hasnt passed on to me

Etrigan
?

Originally posted by Impediment
Gordon told Batman, "We have to show Joker that OUR way works. Bring him in by the book!", and thats exactly what Bats did. The police arrived, and Joker was hauled back off to Arkham. The only reason Moore had Batman and Joker laughing together hysterically was because Moore wanted to show us that Batman, in his own right, is crazy just like the Joker, with the exception that Batman is not a murdering psychotic. And as far as why the Joker pulled Batman's mask down over his eyes, and such..............just because he is "a puny clown" doesn't mean that Joker can't fight back to an extent. He is a slippery little worn and above all, Joker fights dirty, so he has a lot of dirty little fighting tricks up his sleeve.

Yeah... but Batman would never let somebody like him get such an advantage like that. Usually, the Dark Knight would be ready for his acid squirter, or whatever it was that Joker used to sizzle his arm when Bats pinned him down.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 06:22 PM
Kid Kurdy

What is everybody complaining about ? Batman kicked Joker around, but Joker surprised him a few times. It was a great fight, it was a great Joker, it was a great Gordon, it was a great Batman, it was a great story and it had one of the best Batman endings ever.

I really love the fact that Moore used a joke to "symbolize" the relationship between Joker and Batman.

But not everybody loves it the way I love it. For some it's too dark, too depressing...

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 06:58 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Hmm... intersesting...

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 07:35 PM
Etrigan
?

Originally posted by who?-kid
What is everybody complaining about ? Batman kicked Joker around, but Joker surprised him a few times. It was a great fight, it was a great Joker, it was a great Gordon, it was a great Batman, it was a great story and it had one of the best Batman endings ever.

I really love the fact that Moore used a joke to "symbolize" the relationship between Joker and Batman.

But not everybody loves it the way I love it. For some it's too dark, too depressing...

I know, the ending was brilliant. Really neat trick there by Moore. I didn't think the fight was bad or anything, or the book itself.

I just thought it was a bit gloomy, and what was batman? To me, he seemed like an ordinary man in a cape. Didn't have much authority about him.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 09:20 PM
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Etrigan
I just thought it was a bit gloomy, and what was Batman? To me, he seemed like an ordinary man in a cape. Didn't have much authority about him.

I think what Moore was trying to do was portray Batman in a more realistic tone, and focus more on the man under the cape and cowl, rather than tell a story about a superhero fighting crime to save the day from the villain. The allaround moral of the story, IMO, is that we're all a little crazy in our own right.

Originally posted by Etrigan
Yeah... but Batman would never let somebody like him get such an advantage like that. Usually, the Dark Knight would be ready for his acid squirter, or whatever it was that Joker used to sizzle his arm when Bats pinned him down.

But that doesn't mean that Joker won't have a gag or two hidden up his sleeve to try and spring on Batman. Remember, even though Batman IS very knowledgeable about the opponents he fights, and is very expectant of tricks and traps, it doesn't mean that he won't ever succumb or fall into one of those tricks/traps. (And, by the way, yes, it was acid that Joker sprayed on Batman's arm.)

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 10:02 PM