KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman's Powers?

Batman's Powers?
Started by: braz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

Batman's Powers?

here, how does this sound...i just wrote it up a few hours ago

Batman

Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 210lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown

Powers/Abilities:

Although Batman does not have any 'superpowers', he has elevated himslef to near superhuman status through years of rigorous training. Through these years of training, he has obtained peak human strength, agility and skills in acrobatics. On some occassions, Batman has been known to be able to perform humanly impossible feats such as punching through brick walls or kicking down trees. He is a master of 127 different forms of martial arts, thus making him a very unpredictable opponent to his enemies. Batman was also trained as a League of Shadow ninja assasin, becoming a master of stealth, and escape artistry, thus having the effect as being "invisible." Through years of deep study, he has become one of the world's greatest scientists, criminalologists, tacticians and detectives and a master of disguise as well. The Batman has the power of fear and can invoke it upon the hearts of criminals and grow as a wraith in their minds much like the wrath of God.

Gadgets/Weapons/Eqiupment:

Batman vowed to never take up firearms as a way to help him fight crime, because that's how his parents got murdered. So, among many of his gadgets include: Bulletproof and fire-resistant Nomex survival suit spray-painted black for stealth, bulletproof kevlar reinforced graphite cowl with an earphone able to hear up to 4,920 feet, "memory cloth" cape which gives him flight, Utility belt with batarangs(bat-shaped ninja shurikens which also act as a boomerang), grapple gun, mini-mines, explosive packets, gas capsules, acetylene torch, fingerprint kit, flexible periscope, single marble (used as a decoy for someone walking down stairs), pick locks, cell phone and a medikit. Batman's other gadgets include: sonic sounders(high frequency devices which irritate bats, thus attracting thousands of them for distraction), ninja spiked boots for scaling buildings, blade gauntlets and a lead shot in both gloves giving him an added punch. Batman also has 'The Tumbler' Batmobile with a 1500hp jet turbine engine making it go from 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds and exceed speeds of over 200 mph. It also has tank-like armor, dual machine gun turrets, and missle launchers, and a propane rocketfuel afterburner which shoots a flame out of the back making it clear large gaps, if needed.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 07:06 PM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

^ Batman's a BEAST!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 02:38 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

not to be a d*ck, but u just wrote it up a few hours ago?
why do i feel like i've read it somewhere before?

i hope u were the one who edited it for Wikipedia because a lot of the lines were very similar...like the excerpt below:

he has elevated himself to near-superhuman status through years of rigorous training. Physically he is at the peak of human ability in dozens of areas, most notably martial arts, acrobatics, strength, and escape artistry. Intellectually he is just as peerless, being at once one of the world's greatest scientists, criminologists, and tacticians, as well as a master of disguise. Given his lack of superpowers, he often uses cunning and planning to outwit his foes, rather than simply out-fighting them.

good summary, nonetheless smile

Last edited by SpyCspider on Mar 18th, 2006 at 07:45 AM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 07:42 AM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

yea i guess i took a few words from wikipedia to guide me then i just kinda customized it from there, including all the gadgets he used in Batman Begins and most of the gadgets in the Batman Training Manual wink

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 06:19 PM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ManBat

cool. cool

Attachment: 123.jpg
This has been downloaded 191 time(s).

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 12:07 AM
ManBat is currently offline Click here to Send ManBat a Private Message Find more posts by ManBat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Can I just p[oint out, if those stats are based oin BB, then lots of them arent canon. Yes, in BB they're corect but... he does not have a memory cloth cape. He was not trained by the League. And who says his height is 6"2?

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 12:13 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

i think in one of those DC big book manuals on Batman, it states his height as being 6' 2''.

shrugs

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 02:37 AM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Can I just p[oint out, if those stats are based oin BB, then lots of them arent canon. Yes, in BB they're corect but... he does not have a memory cloth cape. He was not trained by the League. And who says his height is 6"2?

yea yea i know, lets just say its Batman Begins Batman with a comic twist to it, he has more of his gadgets that he had in the comics, but at the same time he has all the equipment from Batman Begins

fair enough? smile

and the height thing, everywhere ive heard, Batman/Bruce Wayne is 6' 2", if thats not right what is?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 02:49 AM
Kovacs86

No, Im not arguing with that... i dunno b;ut I believe you, height isnt v. important... (EXCEPT IN JOKER!)

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 07:18 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nate100
Quietly taking it all in.

the thing with the marble for fooling people into thinking someone is walking down the stairs is a genius idea.

also marble is one of those words that the more you look at it and say it the weirder it gets.

marble MARBLE MaRbLe. weird!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 12:49 PM
nate100 is currently offline Click here to Send nate100 a Private Message Find more posts by nate100 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Spam. Piss off... WTF is he on about?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 05:20 PM
nate100

Spam. Piss off... WTF is he on about?

Spam? What are you talking about you absolute goon???

It was a simple statement that when compared to some of the guff posted on these boards was pretty much Shakespearean in comparison.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 10:34 AM
nate100 is currently offline Click here to Send nate100 a Private Message Find more posts by nate100 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smiley8
Come what may....

Originally posted by nate100
Spam? What are you talking about you absolute goon???

It was a simple statement that when compared to some of the guff posted on these boards was pretty much Shakespearean in comparison.

Sort of understand what ur saying in a vague sort of way! confused Good statement though!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 11:14 AM
smiley8 is currently offline Click here to Send smiley8 a Private Message Find more posts by smiley8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nate100

Originally posted by smiley8
Sort of understand what ur saying in a vague sort of way! confused Good statement though!

Cheers mate.

Nice to know there is someone out there with a clue.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 11:41 AM
Kovacs86

What have you been taking?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 05:13 PM
nate100

What have you been taking?

peoples dignity. For about 4 years or so now.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 11:15 AM
Bardock42

His hair isn't really brown, is it?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 12:34 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nate100

Im pretty sure it's meant to be jet black, in the comics at least.

In BB thou Chritian Bales hair is brown & i guess there isn't really much you can do about that. Apart from clouring it obviously.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 01:04 PM
Kovacs86

I've sren both...

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 05:00 PM